All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

A guy who can do what Piper does, fits anywhere! D first, transition second, and knockout third!

Tell that to gopher fans who complained about Austin all year because of his shooting even though he was probably one of our most important players with everything else...

But I agree with you about Piper, I like him, not sure who I want more, but I wouldn't be upset with any combination of Macura,Piper, Cohen. My dad's friend has a son on the lakeville team, and I guess the macura family really likes the Badgers, so I can see him going there now that they have some scholarships open up

Looks like Hoiberg wants Lee to carryout the tradition of Cyclone transfers, Kane, Allen, White, countless others. Has Hoiberg had an impact player that he recruited out of high school yet?

Does it matter? As long as he keeps bringing talent and winning. I doubt people in Ames care that they are winning with transfers

Tell that to gopher fans who complained about Austin all year because of his shooting even though he was probably one of our most important players with everything else...

But I agree with you about Piper, I like him, not sure who I want more, but I wouldn't be upset with any combination of Macura,Piper, Cohen. My dad's friend has a son on the lakeville team, and I guess the macura family really likes the Badgers, so I can see him going there now that they have some scholarships open up

I agree, but Piper is a Rodney Williams like talent. Very rare!

We have 3 scholarships left right? Pencil in Piper, hope for Cohen. Where would we go after that? Guard? Center?

Are they officially out on Gueye or just have higher priorities?

Are Konate's admission issues a deal breaker? Or a hurdle?

We have 3 scholarships left right? Pencil in Piper, hope for Cohen. Where would we go after that? Guard? Center?

Senior Transfer PF. I actually like King, but not as a starter. His defense is pretty trrible. I would love for Josh to come in and be a significant contributor right away, but it's hard to rely on freshmen to do that. Buggs, well he is more of a 3 than 4. PF is our weakest position and if we want to make the dance next year, we need an immediate upgrade.

For whatever reason he wants to go to a small school. Scared of the big stage? Wants to play immediately? Who knows.

He has a better chance to play immediately at MN then he does at Xavier. Bigger does not equal better.

Senior Transfer PF. I actually like King, but not as a starter. His defense is pretty trrible. I would love for Josh to come in and be a significant contributor right away, but it's hard to rely on freshmen to do that. Buggs, well he is more of a 3 than 4. PF is our weakest position and if we want to make the dance next year, we need an immediate upgrade.

King gives us 15-20 minutes per game of B1G experience. If we don't go dancing next season, lack of firepower at the 3 will be right near the top. In our three guard offense we have Mathieu, sophomore Dre Hollins or junior Dre Hollins, and a lightly recruited JUCO or a freshman.

King gives us 15-20 minutes per game of B1G experience. If we don't go dancing next season, lack of firepower at the 3 will be right near the top. In our three guard offense we have Mathieu, sophomore Dre Hollins or junior Dre Hollins, and a lightly recruited JUCO or a freshman.

Morris will hopefully be able to get some buckets, Add Piper, and then Mcneil/Buggs might be able to get some minutes there if we need them to.. extremely young but they could hold their own. By all means Macura could come in and take some of those minutes but if he doesn't we just need to add quality talent.

Joey has been playing well lately but he only averaged 5.4ppg during conference play, Not to mention he averages about 5 rebounds per 40 minutes, which is very bad for a Starting 4. Add that to his defensive struggles equals he is not a starter. More like an offensive role player coming off of the bench for 10 minutes a night.

The 3 could be a concern, but if we can get Piper, Cohen or both I would be happier with our depth there than at the 4.

I want lots of wing players... I want Maurca I want Piper I Want Cohen, morris... We can reduce Dre hollins minutes if he doesn't play any better next year.

I want lots of wing players... I want Maurca I want Piper I Want Cohen, morris... We can reduce Dre hollins minutes if he doesn't play any better next year.

Did I miss big news that Macura is out of his LOI and recruitment opened up? Seeing a couple posts about wanting Macura in this class.

Did I miss big news that Macura is out of his LOI and recruitment opened up? Seeing a couple posts about wanting Macura in this class.

just pure speculation that he may decommit based on reports that wake forest is after the xavier coach who used to be an assistant at wake forest

Djuan Anthony Piper ‏@Youngyoson3 8h
Starting to distance myself from a lot of people.

Is this cause hes leaving washington to come to Minnesota?

I'm usually not big on trying to read into tweets from recruits, but uh...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You really can't judge somebody's decision until you been in their situation &#55357;&#56495;</p>— Djuan Anthony Piper (@Youngyoson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/Youngyoson3/statuses/448291945140338688">March 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm usually not big on trying to read into tweets from recruits, but uh...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You really can't judge somebody's decision until you been in their situation ��</p>— Djuan Anthony Piper (@Youngyoson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/Youngyoson3/statuses/448291945140338688">March 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OMG!! is he really going to the dance with Ashley! after all Britney has done for him!

Both of the other teams in Piper's top three already have two SF commits, where we have none. You'd have to think we're the logical choice.

With all its warts, this is the best board ever.

And the warts are us. All we need is another episode or two of "Bold and the Gopherhole" to initiate the newbies on the glory of the Gopherhole. Moonlight, where are you? GopherWarrior's disappearance would be a wonderful central plot. Perhaps he is visiting Shaka trying to recruit him to Marquette after convincing him that free throws don't matter.

Top Bottom