All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Just saw on Twitter than Carlos Morris's teammate Cinmeon Bowers decommited from Florida State. Wouldn't be a bad person to go after

Decommited or was released from his LOI because he got arrested? I don't know, I could see Pitino staying away from him.

Yes, he reportedly ate marijuana in an effort to hide it from police. Obviously, more investigation of the situation would be needed, but Pitino might need to take a chance on a guy like this eventually.

Yes, he reportedly ate marijuana in an effort to hide it from police. Obviously, more investigation of the situation would be needed, but Pitino might need to take a chance on a guy like this eventually.

That was him? Uff-da. Not sure we need more drama in the program. But it would still be tempting.

Bowers is bad news dating back to his days in Milwuakee.

Uh oh...We need GW on this immediately with a full investigative report. Where is he anyway? Did he move to Europe to keep tabs on Trevor?

Yikes. I just did some recon on Bowers. Probably not going to happen. Wow.

Yikes. I just did some recon on Bowers. Probably not going to happen. Wow.

Bowers is not a good dude. Pretty talented player, but lots of baggage. I would be surprised if Pitino is desperate enough to take a chance on him.

Uh oh...We need GW on this immediately with a full investigative report. Where is he anyway? Did he move to Europe to keep tabs on Trevor?

I found GW's post on the Marquette forum, in July 2013:

Yeah, has had a good summer at JUCO showcases. Had his issues while in Milwaukee, but Pitino & the Ville are among the many newly interested parties. Chipola has a bunch of very good players... Bowers is big (wide), and mean... rebounder, a little bit of nasty/grimy in his game. Certainly a kid to keep an eye on.

He's always been really big, but has "slimmed down" gotten better conditioned in Florida. Still... a year from now will probably be a 6'7", 250-260 type of guy.

Should be good to go for 2 years after this 2013-14 season.

PS - on Chipola.. their nickname.. Indians... mascot? Indian chief.
6'11" Joseph Uchebo was there this past year.. he's now at Pittsburgh.

Others to look at with Chipola this upcoming season.. Carlos Morris..SWITCHABLE! Torian Graham.. big guard, former top 100 recruit, MU has been involved.

Read all the talk here: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39321.msg506843;topicseen

I used to recite that theme song to my boys as a bedtime story. And then I'd make up some different crap at the end to give them a happy ending [yes, that was intended].

A three hour tour (dramatic pause) A. Three. Hour. Tour.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
The professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligans Isle.

So this is the talel of the castways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.

The first mate and the Skipper too,
Will do their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the tropic island nest.

No phone, no lights no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primative as can be.

So join us here each week my freinds,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded castways,
Here on "Gilligan's Isle."

Haha. Epic. :D

And I think Pitino is okay with giving second chances in relation to pot issues. Ask Kimani.
The kid never really got things in order to even play in High School.has been shot and even FSU cuts him loose. Read an interview with the kid and he is a piece of work. I don't think eating a little grass is his only issue. There comes a time were after second,third,forth chances you say no more. I'm sure a mid major somewhere gives him his next chance.

Memphis wanted this kid badly just a few months ago. I wonder if they'll stay away now. How many chances does a kid like that get before running out of options?

I thought Tyus wanted to player for a winner lol Coach k one of the most overated coaches of all time... Can't develop NBA talent with mcdonalds all American's... Can't win in the NCAA tournament...

Buzz Williams has left Marquette. I wonder if we'll go back in for Sandy Cohen.

Buzz Williams has left Marquette. I wonder if we'll go back in for Sandy Cohen.
This was my first thought when I saw the news too and I hope he does open his recruitment up again. I believe we were also in on another Marquette commit Marial Shayok. Here is their full class for this year http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/269/class/2014 and they also have the #60 overall player on ESPN's 2015 list Nick Noskowiak a PG from Sun Prairie, WI committed. Surprised to see Buzz leave Marquette for Va.Tech but supposedly he didn't have the best relationship with people in the athletic department and Va.Tech's new AD and him are pretty close and I'd guess a 7 year contract doesn't hurt either.

Bowers would be a bit of an odd fit for Pitino given his desired style of play. He's not the stretch 4 that can pick and pop on those high screen and rolls on offense and he's also not a long athletic guy that can help in the press and guard on the perimeter. In some ways a Bowers/Eliason or Bowers/Walker front court would present a lot of the same issues that an Eliason/Walker front court would. If the Gophers were to contact Bowers, they'd have to be confident he could get in to better shape (not sure if he was out of shape all season, but was certainly out of shape post suspension) and that they could keep him out of the papers. Bowers can rebound the basketball and would bring a bit of a nasty streak that Gopher basketball hasn't had enough of since Clem's days at the helm.

Really hope Sandy opens up his recruitment. We are close to home, if that is important to him, and we have a hole at the 3. It sounded as though he liked coach Pitino in some of his recruiting interviews. If our recruiting class looks something like this I will be pretty happy.

Nate Mason
Carlos Morris
Josh Martin
Sandy Cohen
Senior PF transfer
A Center either from high school or a transfer who will not be a Senior

Does anybody have a list of recruits that they think we have a legitimate shot at yet? I know Piper we are going after still, but besides him is there anyone really that wouldn't be a transfer?

Really hope Sandy opens up his recruitment. We are close to home, if that is important to him, and we have a hole at the 3. It sounded as though he liked coach Pitino in some of his recruiting interviews. If our recruiting class looks something like this I will be pretty happy.

Nate Mason
Carlos Morris
Josh Martin
Sandy Cohen
Senior PF transfer
A Center either from high school or a transfer who will not be a Senior

A list of Cohen offers. I'm curious why Wisconsin didn't offer.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Sandy-Cohen-33518/RecruitInterests

Does anybody have a list of recruits that they think we have a legitimate shot at yet? I know Piper we are going after still, but besides him is there anyone really that wouldn't be a transfer?

Top non-transfer targets, Piper and Konate.

Top Bottom