All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

per Sid:

U recruits playing well

Carlos Morris, Nate Mason and Josh Martin are the three current recruits for Pitino’s 2014 class.

Morris is averaging 15.0 points and 5.1 rebounds per game as a 6-4 sophomore swingman for Chipola College (Marianna, Fla.), which was ranked 10th in the national junior college poll until losing three of their past four games.

Mason is a 5-10 senior point guard for Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Fla., which recently was ranked No. 29 in the nation for high school teams and beat No. 7 Oak Hill Academy 62-53.

Martin is a 6-7 power forward at Bothell High School. His team recently defeated Newport 72-60, with Martin scoring 32 points. The Seattle Times recently ranked him the sixth-best high school player in the state of Washington.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/245296481.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

6'7" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

HE SHRUNK!

Big shift for Anas Osama Mahmoud crystal ball yesterday with 80% predicting Minnesota and Florida at 20%, honestly think big pitino is helping us in recruiting this kid, Louisville doesn't need him, already have very good bigs commited with a few others likely to commit as well

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Anas-Osama-Mahmoud-at-West-Oaks-Academy-60458/Predictions

Yeah, Rick definitely gave off that vibe in that article this week. I will be absolutely ecstatic if we land this kid. I also think I'd rather have Martin+Mahmoud than Martin+Reid.

Yeah, Rick definitely gave off that vibe in that article this week. I will be absolutely ecstatic if we land this kid. I also think I'd rather have Martin+Mahmoud than Martin+Reid.

I'm with you, though I would rather have Travis+Mahmoud, but I do think Travis and martin are very similier players and wouldn't work too well together on the court, one would have to come off the bench for the other, where Mahmoud could play on the court at the same time with ethier of those 2

I'm with you, though I would rather have Travis+Mahmoud, but I do think Travis and martin are very similier players and wouldn't work too well together on the court

Well yeah, Travis+Mahmoud would be ideal, but since Martin committed so early (our first commit) that was never in the cards.

Yep. If I had to pick between the two after the Martin commit, I'd pick Mahmoud. Mahmoud will defend the 5. Travis would not be able to do that. Mahmoud seems like a stretch 5 type player, so I don't know where he'll play on offense, but I'm more concerned about defending the paint, which Mahmoud will be able to do.

Big shift for Anas Osama Mahmoud crystal ball yesterday with 80% predicting Minnesota and Florida at 20%, honestly think big pitino is helping us in recruiting this kid, Louisville doesn't need him, already have very good bigs commited with a few others likely to commit as well

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Anas-Osama-Mahmoud-at-West-Oaks-Academy-60458/Predictions

"Big Shift?"

He was 100% Minnesota with 1 of 1 prediction on Feb 1st. 4 more dudes predicted or changed predictions as of yesterday 3 for UofM and 1 for Florida....

No one should be excited yet.... It's EARLY

"Big Shift?"

He was 100% Minnesota with 1 of 1 prediction on Feb 1st. 4 more dudes predicted or changed predictions as of yesterday 3 for UofM and 1 for Florida....

No one should be excited yet.... It's EARLY

Agreed. Does anyone have a highlight video on this kid? I've been doing research on him the last few days but can't find any good video of him. I suppose it makes sense since he just came here from Egypt.

Sorry, my previous post about jumping the gun was directed at the 2015-16 final four. Didnt realize that wasnt your post. Still learning my way around here:cool:

Sorry, my previous post about jumping the gun was directed at the 2015-16 final four. Didnt realize that wasnt your post. Still learning my way around here:cool:

haha no problem. And I agree that recruiting has become much more exciting. I cannot wait to see what Coach P does with the 2015 class & a full year and a half of recruiting time.

Back to Anas Osama Mahmoud, the guy looks like he will be a stud at the next level. Would be a great combo guy with Josh Martin! And I also agree with the idea that Rick is helping Rich with him!

I have to imagine Louisville was the favorite until Rick bowed out too. Mahmoud took an unofficial in October in addition to his December official. So I think Rick suggesting Minnesota would mean a little more than if Rick had only lightly recruited him.

I have to imagine Louisville was the favorite until Rick bowed out too. Mahmoud took an unofficial in October in addition to his December official. So I think Rick suggesting Minnesota would mean a little more than if Rick had only lightly recruited him.

Have to wonder if that was the plan all along. Maybe?

Have to wonder if that was the plan all along. Maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I think we have a big advantage with Rick Pitino. Most coaches have no allies in recruiting. We have one, and he happens to be one of the best coaches in the country.

About a month or so ago I made a post saying I would like to see a wing and a big(that could play the 4 and 5) added to the 14 recruiting class. I think Piper and Mahmoud would fit the bill nicely.

About a month or so ago I made a post saying I would like to see a wing and a big(that could play the 4 and 5) added to the 14 recruiting class. I think Piper and Mahmoud would fit the bill nicely.

I agree. I am really excited about Piper. Murray and Aaron stole most of his thunder early on, but he has been performing at the same level all season. I think he has the best chance to start next year out of this class

The entire "Osama" is silent, or at least that's what Anas said. I'm aware of silent letters in words but I don't think I've seen an entire name being silent.

The entire "Osama" is silent, or at least that's what Anas said. I'm aware of silent letters in words but I don't think I've seen an entire name being silent.

Have you ever heard Dr.Don's last name?

I agree. I am really excited about Piper. Murray and Aaron stole most of his thunder early on, but he has been performing at the same level all season. I think he has the best chance to start next year out of this class

What?

Did someone sign???

Top Bottom