All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

the HIGH of 40 doesn't happen there often if at all, maybe overnight lows

Instead of working so hard at it, you could've just posted this attached to a "You're right, my previous post was silly."

His numbers last year were almost identical to Oto's numbers last year, and he has been starting for us.

Ok so that means what? That Edozie is as good as Oto?

Just responded that I don't think Edozie would play a role or produce much differently than Ingram did while he was here.

He did have a guy named trevor that played in front of him, Trevor was a pretty good player

Not his Junior year when Trevor was hurt. Ingram, Oto, Edozie - all below average B10 PF's. But apparently people disagree and think we missed out on Edozie or something.

Not his Junior year when Trevor was hurt. Ingram, Oto, Edozie - all below average B10 PF's. But apparently people disagree and think we missed out on Edozie or something.

Ingram showed improvement from junior year to senoir, he was a good player on the team, he did things you wouldn't see in a stat sheet, taking charges, etc. He understood his role, he was never going to standout, he would be great for this years team. He isn't guy that should get maor minutes, but he was a very good role player. Not saying we missed out on Edozie or anything since I haven't seen him play at all, but I wouldn't make an argument that we did't by comparing him to ingram, because I do think ingram would be starting over oto on this team. And I don't think anyone is saying Edozie is a good player, think they are just saying they are better than what we got, which as you mentioned, are below average pf's in the B1G

Andre Ingram will forever be one of the most underrated Gopher basketball players. He was the perfect PF off the bench. Great shot blocker, great rebounder, great defender, never played beyond his abilities, and always finished with a powerful two handed dunk.

I liked Andre Ingram in his role, but it might be a stretch to declare him "great" at anything. He was a high effort guy who probably got the most out of his abilities and there's nothing wrong with that.

Andre Ingram will forever be one of the most underrated Gopher basketball players. He was the perfect PF off the bench. Great shot blocker, great rebounder, great defender, never played beyond his abilities, and always finished with a powerful two handed dunk.

Pretty sure he air-balled a dunk his junior year. But yeah, he got better as a senior and would've been useful to have this year.

I liked Andre Ingram in his role, but it might be a stretch to declare him "great" at anything. He was a high effort guy who probably got the most out of his abilities and there's nothing wrong with that.

I guess it depends on your definition of "great." In my opinion his defense and rebounding was great. His offense was literally non-existent other than setting screens and getting points off put-backs.

Pretty sure he air-balled a dunk his junior year. But yeah, he got better as a senior and would've been useful to have this year.

I was talking about his senior year. It definitely too him some time getting used to the Big Ten.

I agree that he was probably undervalued but he definitely didn't always finish his dunks. I remember an unusual amount of his dunks clanking of the rim and heading skyward.

Kind of agree. Ingram didn't do much until his senior season. He didn't really put up impressive numbers, but he was always a solid defender and had no issues with physicality. Really an understated player as a senior. He would have been a major contributor had he been on this team right now.

I think Ingram would have been the perfect complement to Mo in the front court right now.

I agree that he was probably undervalued but he definitely didn't always finish his dunks. I remember an unusual amount of his dunks clanking of the rim and heading skyward.
Agreed I think he missed so many dunks that I just started to wish he would lay it in towards the end of the year.

I think Ingram would have been the perfect complement to Mo in the front court right now.

I agree with this. Some bulk inside to provide more rebounding when Elliot is on the bench would be a welcome addition. Though I'm glad we had him when we did. The guy took like a dozen charges per game. With the new rules being enforced, I have a feeling we'd see Ingram being charged with just about that many blocking fouls per game.

far too low for everything i'm reading/seeing on him

at least now they have him as best recruit signed for this class like the rest of us on here feel, its a step in the right direction I guess

btw, did they downgrade mason, or was he always a 77 rating?

Only Gopher with a LOWER DR% this yr compared to Ingram as a Sr? Dre Mathieu.

Folks in Madison don't have the most keen eye.

I'm not an advanced stats guy and I don't pretend to be, but I do know the Gophers were among the very best rebounding teams in the country last year. So when you are playing along guys like Mbakwe, Rodney, etc. you have to fight even harder to get rebounds. I would take his production and abilities last year as a bench big man every single year if I could. Between rebounding, blocking shots, and playing good post D, he was extremely underrated.

I'm not an advanced stats guy and I don't pretend to be, but I do know the Gophers were among the very best rebounding teams in the country last year. So when you are playing along guys like Mbakwe, Rodney, etc. you have to fight even harder to get rebounds. I would take his production and abilities last year as a bench big man every single year if I could. Between rebounding, blocking shots, and playing good post D, he was extremely underrated.

+1

Luckily, he didn't specify offensive or defense. We were the 7th best major conference team in the country in "rebounding."

Sorry you're having difficulties following along.

His comment was in reply to me telling him about Ingram's senior year defensive rebounding percentage.

Sorry you're having difficulties following along.

His comment was in reply to me telling him about Ingram's senior year defensive rebounding percentage.

Sorry but you're the one having difficulties following along, you're the only one that wants to focus only on defensive rebounding. All that Madtown said was that he was a great rebounder, didn't say anything about specifically defensive rebounding. It was probably a bit of an overstatement but if you don't think Ingram could help in the rebounding category for this team them I think you are sadly mistaken. I realize you seem to think you are some sort or great basketball mind because you have a blog (which only you care about) but you are really nothing more than an average poster here (other than that you're a Marquette fan).

Sorry but you're the one having difficulties following along, you're the only one that wants to focus only on defensive rebounding. All that Madtown said was that he was a great rebounder, didn't say anything about specifically defensive rebounding. It was probably a bit of an overstatement but if you don't think Ingram could help in the rebounding category for this team them I think you are sadly mistaken. I realize you seem to think you are some sort or great basketball mind because you have a blog (which only you care about) but you are really nothing more than an average poster here (other than that you're a Marquette fan).

+22

Check out Stanford at Washington on ESPN. Many empty seats including the front row. Low crowd energy. If Piper wants a charged game atmosphere, his choice is easy-Minnesota. The Barn was a madhouse when he was there for the Indiana game.

per Sid:

U recruits playing well

Carlos Morris, Nate Mason and Josh Martin are the three current recruits for Pitino’s 2014 class.

Morris is averaging 15.0 points and 5.1 rebounds per game as a 6-4 sophomore swingman for Chipola College (Marianna, Fla.), which was ranked 10th in the national junior college poll until losing three of their past four games.

Mason is a 5-10 senior point guard for Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Fla., which recently was ranked No. 29 in the nation for high school teams and beat No. 7 Oak Hill Academy 62-53.

Martin is a 6-7 power forward at Bothell High School. His team recently defeated Newport 72-60, with Martin scoring 32 points. The Seattle Times recently ranked him the sixth-best high school player in the state of Washington.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/245296481.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom