All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Respectfully, am I missing something? Does it matter? It's not like he's trying to make an under-13 little league team.

I never said that it mattered. All I said was that the numbers don't add up.

There is finally video of Anas Osama Mahoud and yeah..I WANT HIM!!!!

Looks from the video that he has an twin, or at least a brother on the team! Anyone else notice the other dude?

Gopher nation blew djuan piper's twitter up yesterday. UW fans are striking back. He tweeted "this Environment Epic" last night, good weekend for a visit. Still think he stays home, but there is a chance we land him.

Goodness!

So does anyone know when we can expect this guy to come to the U for an official visit?! I know the clip is only a minute but he looked really impressive. I 7'2" 5 that can nock down the 3 and also can bang inside. I would guess that we would redshirt him as ESPN lists him as only 190 lbs.

So does anyone know when we can expect this guy to come to the U for an official visit?! I know the clip is only a minute but he looked really impressive. I 7'2" 5 that can nock down the 3 and also can bang inside. I would guess that we would redshirt him as ESPN lists him as only 190 lbs.

I posted this in the All Things Mahmoud thread:

https://twitter.com/ASlater247/statuses/430473498247438336

So it sounds like some time between Friday and Tuesday.

We would have to; he's a twig. He'll need to pull an anti-Mo to play in this league, but he's so tall, skilled and economical in his motion - really exciting.

His coaches say Mahmoud is a true PF. So take that FWIW.

Reminds me a lot of anthony davis, moves very well for his size. I don't think it matters if he plays 4 or 5, he will be matchup nightmare for who ever faces him. If he can play the PF I can see him playing right away next year along side EE/Mo, and I'd guess that is something that pitino would sell to him. We would have some crazy length up front if he commits here. Only thing that scares me is that he is egyptian and he is visiting in mid Febraury when our weather is not the greatest. I hope he shown around the twin cities area and shown the egyptian/middle eastern community that is in the twin cities. Take him out to eat at holy land, they have great middle eastern food, and there will be plenty of Egyptians to meet there plus a ton of hipsters, but he can just ignore them.

Reminds me a lot of anthony davis, moves very well for his size. I don't think it matters if he plays 4 or 5, he will be matchup nightmare for who ever faces him. If he can play the PF I can see him playing right away next year along side EE/Mo, and I'd guess that is something that pitino would sell to him. We would have some crazy length up front if he commits here. Only thing that scares me is that he is egyptian and he is visiting in mid Febraury when our weather is not the greatest. I hope he shown around the twin cities area and shown the egyptian/middle eastern community that is in the twin cities. Take him out to eat at holy land, they have great middle eastern food, and there will be plenty of Egyptians to meet there plus a ton of hipsters, but he can just ignore them.

Or, or, or... Take him to Fogo de Chao. Give him a great meal and get an early start on putting some meat on his bones!;)

I can't believe ESPN has him rated as the 69th best prospect in the nation when before he wasn't even ranked. I really really want this kid.

Keep hearing good things about Kobe...Espn just listed him as one of the best prospects on left on the board (along with tall egyptian) and he was the first player listed in their article about players who just missed the top 100

Kobe Eubanks (Centereach, N.Y./Our Savior New American) and Pat McCaw (Saint Louis, Mo./Montrose Christian) have both thrived this season at new schools. They each have the size necessary to play either the 2 or 3, while Eubanks is the more physically strong and comes with a specific niche in his 3-point shooting. He currently owns offers from Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Wichita State, Cincinnati, South Florida, Central Florida and South Carolina, among others, while Louisville and Oklahoma State have shown recent interest

Anas Osama Mahmoud (Orlando, Fla./West Oaks Academy) is a 7-footer from Egypt in his first season stateside. He needs to get stronger and learn to play harder but has an undeniably high upside with his size, length, mobility, agility and instinctive skill. He’s already visited Louisville and is also being pursued by a long list of others including Auburn, Georgia Tech, Arizona State, Central Florida, NC State, Texas A&M, and Minnesota, while Florida and Kentucky have also both expressed interest

FWIW, Carlos Morris has scored 56 points in his past two games (29 and 27 point outings) albeit in losing efforts for Chipola.

FWIW, Carlos Morris has scored 56 points in his past two games (29 and 27 point outings) albeit in losing efforts for Chipola.

Morris is going to be a nice player for us. Regardless if he is 6'4", 6'5", or 6'6", he is a natural wing, that fits Pitino's system.

Would love to get Piper and Mahmoud.

Yes. I want this combo. They're both very athletic and fill positions of need. These are the kinds of players Pitino needs for his system, especially a big like Mahmoud who is also my number one want for the spring. He's more athletic than all of our bigs right now. He has the potential to be a dynamite defensive player.

In fact, with Morris, Martin, Piper, and Mahmoud we'd have a team with the potential to have one hell of a defense. We'd have size, length, and athleticism at every position on the court.

Yes. I want this combo. They're both very athletic and fill positions of need. These are the kinds of players Pitino needs for his system, especially a big like Mahmoud who is also my number one want for the spring. He's more athletic than all of our bigs right now. He has the potential to be a dynamite defensive player.

In fact, with Morris, Martin, Piper, and Mahmoud we'd have a team with the potential to have one hell of a defense. We'd have size, length, and athleticism at every position on the court.

The thought of having Martin and Mahmoud on the court at the same time would be insane. :clap:

Not only was there an awkward pause when asked his age, but the numbers simply don't add up. If he was 14 in 2008, wouldn't he at least be 19 now?

His video reminds me of that guy that we supposedly offered a few years ago. Was it dan something or other?

Daniel Edozie, currently playing 7 minutes per game for Iowa State

Daniel Edozie, currently playing 7 minutes per game for Iowa State

According to ESPN he's shooting 78% (7/9) on the season. Talk about efficiency!

But really, it looks like he's rebounding at a pretty decent rate in the games where he's gotten playing time. I hate to say it, but it might have been nice to have a bulkier 4 to pull down some rebounds.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobie Eubanks official recruiting list no particular order. <a href="http://t.co/BUYtImE1ES">pic.twitter.com/BUYtImE1ES</a></p>— Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) <a href="https://twitter.com/ReggieRankin/statuses/433356116542488576">February 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobie Eubanks official recruiting list no particular order. <a href="http://t.co/BUYtImE1ES">pic.twitter.com/BUYtImE1ES</a></p>— Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) <a href="https://twitter.com/ReggieRankin/statuses/433356116542488576">February 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll start the over analysis

Gophers are listed first, so I love our chances.

He spelled Wichita St. wrong, so they're out.

thats a very long list for this late in the process for the 2014 class

thats a very long list for this late in the process for the 2014 class

I don't think it was really a list that he released the other day. He had one tweet of schools that had offered him and one tweet with schools that were interested in him. A total of twelve schools. The list above has a couple changes but we are still at 12.

Added: FGCU, Georgia
Subtracted: Syracuse, Oklahoma State

Minnesota now the favorites for Piper's services in 247 crystal ball now, with all recent picks being minnesota and as for Eubanks, looks like Pitt is the heavy favorites for him

Minnesota now the favorites for Piper's services in 247 crystal ball now, with all recent picks being minnesota

Have these guys been reading the Gopherhole?

Is there a decision timeline for Piper anywhere?

Top Bottom