All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

In the zone, individual defensive skill isn't quite as critical though, since you aren't sticking to a specific player the whole possession. Morris isn't a great shooter, but he's a great ball-handler and finds wys to score. So in that sense, I'm confident he can bring more to the offense than Austin. If he can provide anything close to the defense of Austin, he'll provide more of an impact.

Morris was also more highly regarded than Austin coming out of high school. Not only is it possible Morris will be better than Austin, it should be expected to a degree. Especially when you factor in Pitino's other JUCO transfers are Matheiu and Malik.

Morris was also more highly regarded than Austin coming out of high school. Not only is it possible Morris will be better than Austin, it should be expected to a degree. Especially when you factor in Pitino's other JUCO transfers are Matheiu and Malik.

After watching YouTube highlights of Morris, Martin, and Mason, it looks like we got some guys coming in that can put the ball in the basket. Very excited to see these guys play in Pitino's system!

In the zone, individual defensive skill isn't quite as critical though, since you aren't sticking to a specific player the whole possession. Morris isn't a great shooter, but he's a great ball-handler and finds wys to score. So in that sense, I'm confident he can bring more to the offense than Austin. If he can provide anything close to the defense of Austin, he'll provide more of an impact.

You obviously have never played or coached basketball according to your analysis of Morris, couldn't be further from Phil Jacks... Errr ... Howieramone's analysis of him not being able to go to the hole....

There have been about 20 different analysis' of Morris game, none of which I trust. His ability to defend and or penetrate will be evaluated a year from now, not a moment sooner.....

You obviously have never played or coached basketball according to your analysis of Morris, couldn't be further from Phil Jacks... Errr ... Howieramone's analysis of him not being able to go to the hole....

There have been about 20 different analysis' of Morris game, none of which I trust. His ability to defend and or penetrate will be evaluated a year from now, not a moment sooner.....

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost 3 years ago Morris may well have been more highly regarded, but recently only generated interest from such powerhouses as UAB and Seton Hall. While Morris dazzled the Florida JUCO ranks by scoring 13ppg as a freshman and then took the leap to 15ppg per game, Austin labored as a 3 year starter in the best conference in America. When I factor in Coach P's first 7 recruits, I realize he is going to recruit a lot better players in the future.

Almost 3 years ago Morris may well have been more highly regarded, but recently only generated interest from such powerhouses as UAB and Seton Hall. While Morris dazzled the Florida JUCO ranks by scoring 13ppg as a freshman and then took the leap to 15ppg per game, Austin labored as a 3 year starter in the best conference in America. When I factor in Coach P's first 7 recruits, I realize he is going to recruit a lot better players in the future.

Mathieu's offers weren't much better. Malik was never a highly regarded recruit and he's now one of the top 3pt shooters in the Big Ten. I'll trust Pitino's eye over yours.

Amen. Those that are already calling a lightly recruited Juco guard an upgrade over our senior starter are ridiculous. He may well fit in nicely, but a ranking out of HS means nothing compared to a game tested B1G senior.

Hey, watch it! ;) But you're right in that everyone seems to have a different opinion of Morris with admittedly a very small sample size! He's shooting like 30% from three, and he averages 15/gm. So he must be getting his points around the rim. From what I saw in six minutes of film (not indicative at all), he could dribble and slash well. I guess, like Mathieu, we really don't know what we have until he's here!

Mathieu's offers weren't much better. Malik was never a highly regarded recruit and he's now one of the top 3pt shooters in the Big Ten. I'll trust Pitino's eye over yours.

I consider Mathieu's UCLA and Memphis offers as much better. I didn't say we shouldn't have signed Morris, he'll be a fine 6th man, but to say he is better than Austin is very questionable. I have all the confidence in the world Coach P. will recruit over Morris this spring. As we sit options include Morris/Buggs/King/McNeil at the 3. He knows you can't go dancing with that group.

I consider Mathieu's UCLA and Memphis offers as much better. I didn't say we shouldn't have signed Morris, he'll be a fine 6th man, but to say he is better than Austin very questionable. I have all the confidence in the world Coach P. will recruit over Morris this spring. As we sit options include Morris/Buggs/King/McNeil at the 3. He knows you can't go dancing with that group.

I hope you are right that he brings in someone even better than Morris because Morris is definitely good enough to start. I don't think we'll be bringing in a wing better than him though. Pickens are slim.

He plays on a team that features 4 of the top 15 jucos in the country. It is impossible to average much more than that. He shoots 49.7 percent from the floor, so he takes advantage of the opportunities that he gets

He plays on a team that features 4 of the top 15 jucos in the country. It is impossible to average much more than that. He shoots 49.7 percent from the floor, so he takes advantage of the opportunities that he gets

Yeah I just noticed this as well, his team is loaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

As of 1-10-14 on 247 Sports, 3 of the top 38. #1,#10, and #12. Morris is #10. He makes less than 30% of his 3's, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

As of 1-10-14 on 247 Sports, 3 of the top 38. #1,#10, and #12. Morris is #10. He makes less than 30% of his 3's, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

He is not being brought in to replace Malik. Chipola has one player going to Florida State, one to UCONN, and one being recruited by Kentucky and Missouri. I have only watched one Chipola game, but Morris clearly belongs in the same category as his teammates

He is not being brought in to replace Malik. Chipola has one player going to Florida State, one to UCONN, and one being recruited by Kentucky and Missouri. I have only watched one Chipola game, but Morris clearly belongs in the same category as his teammates

Nice to hear from someone who has actually seen him play.

Kobie Eubanks

Kobie Eubanks showed up on scout as considering Minnesota; any thoughts or corrections? Thanks
"
•6'5", 190 pounds
•Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (Our Savior New American High School)

Kobe Eubanks, an athletic and underrated shooting guard with minimal power conference interest, has been rumored to be on the Jayhawks' radar.

The sweet shooting 6-footer with excellent awareness can run the point but works wonderfully off the ball. Eubanks might wait until the last minute to sign with a premier program and opt for a redshirt his first season.
"
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1867213-kansas-basketball-jayhawks-recruiting-update/page/4

"-- Kobie Eubanks plans to sign in the spring. Pittsburgh, Ole Miss, Florida State, UCF and Auburn have all called about him."
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...unior-cheick-diallo-continues-to-develop-game

YouTube link (Uploaded on May 21, 2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBfs0RFOpPE

ESPN
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/126891/kobe-eubanks

Rivals (6'5 185 Shooting guard Centereach, New York Our Savior New American)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/basketball/recruiting/player-Kobie-Eubanks-128294

Scout Minnesota prospects
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2014

Kobie Eubanks showed up on scout as considering Minnesota; any thoughts or corrections? Thanks
"
•6'5", 190 pounds
•Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (Our Savior New American High School)

Kobe Eubanks, an athletic and underrated shooting guard with minimal power conference interest, has been rumored to be on the Jayhawks' radar.

The sweet shooting 6-footer with excellent awareness can run the point but works wonderfully off the ball. Eubanks might wait until the last minute to sign with a premier program and opt for a redshirt his first season.
"
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1867213-kansas-basketball-jayhawks-recruiting-update/page/4

"-- Kobie Eubanks plans to sign in the spring. Pittsburgh, Ole Miss, Florida State, UCF and Auburn have all called about him."
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...unior-cheick-diallo-continues-to-develop-game

YouTube link (Uploaded on May 21, 2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBfs0RFOpPE

ESPN
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/126891/kobe-eubanks

Rivals (6'5 185 Shooting guard Centereach, New York Our Savior New American)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/basketball/recruiting/player-Kobie-Eubanks-128294

Scout Minnesota prospects
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2014
If he can shoot it, I say sign him up, gives us more depth at the wing

Seems like he has a lot of interest but not many offers. I wonder if grades are an issue? Otherwise he looks like he'd be a nice addition. Has good size for a SG.

I think if Pitino wants to bring in a high school wing, he should bring in Delshon. Kobe looks like a pretty solid player and it looks like his stock is rising, but I'd prefer Delshon.

Can't remember where I read this, but I think there is talk of him going to prep school and reclassifying because he is young for his grade. Won't turn 17, I think, until end of the school year.

Wow, that's weird! Most 2015's are older than him, and even some 2016's are his age. Reclassifying would seem be the smart thing to do.

Wow, that's weird! Most 2015's are older than him, and even some 2016's are his age. Reclassifying would seem be the smart thing to do.

Whoops my mistake won't turn 18. That would make him extraordinarily young for his age. I would be curious to see what happens if he does reclassify.

I thought you watched film howie? Morris has better handles and a much smoother looking stroke than Austin. Austin shoots like Townsend Orr, the difference is Orr could hit in the Big Ten.

I thought you watched film howie? Morris has better handles and a much smoother looking stroke than Austin. Austin shoots like Townsend Orr, the difference is Orr could hit in the Big Ten.

Morris is also a better passer than Austin on film. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Austin is statistically a better 3pt shooter playing in the premier conference in the country. He also turns it over less and dishes it out more. It's not even close who the better athlete is which translates into his better rebounding, steals, and blocked shot numbers.

PiPress: U recruit Josh Martin leads Washington state in scoring

"I stop thinking and just let the game come naturally," said Martin, who committed to the Gophers during the November signing period. "As the season has progressed, I feel like I've gotten better and better each game. The real improvement has been in my ball handling; that's gotten a lot better. I think that will help me when I get to Minnesota.

"When you have a guy as big as I am who can dribble, it's hard to stop."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DuJuan Piper said his final three are Minnesota, Gonzaga and Washington.</p>— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/statuses/424663706384224257">January 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom