All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I don't believe Josh Cunningham has signed with any one yet. Are we still in the running for him?

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I don't believe Josh Cunningham has signed with any one yet. Are we still in the running for him?

I'm fairly certain he has taken all five of his official visits.

The Gophers don't appear to be in the mix. He has been a strong Bradley lean for awhile now. Iowa State is also reported to be in the discussion. I hear Iowa State is a great campus.

Yeah, the Gophers are pretty much out. He took his 5th official visit to Bradley in the beginning of November. Everything I saw pretty much says Bradley is his likely destination. He is waiting until Spring to sign however so things may be different after his high school season.

Sounds like Bradley or Iowa State with Bradley being the favorite. Michigan State could become a contender if they jump in with an offer.

I'm fairly certain he has taken all five of his official visits.

The Gophers don't appear to be in the mix. He has been a strong Bradley lean for awhile now. Iowa State is also reported to be in the discussion. I hear Iowa State is a great campus.

My hope is that this becomes enough of a running joke that it makes having the ISU trolls plaguing the board almost worthwhile.

In case anyone would like to hate Duke anymore, they just got another commitment from Justise Winslow

Can't wait to cheer against Duke. Tyus definitely won't be the big man on campus that he would have been in Minnesota.

I hate Duke, but I'd be surprised if they don't win the championship next year. People can say it's premature all they want, but that's a special lineup they're going to have (assuming Sulaimon doesn't leave).

Iowa State just broke ground on three more Starbucks on campus last week. Hopefully this locks up JC and RV.

In all seriousness - I'd bet on Bradley right now, for some reason. He has kept things pretty close to the chest, though.

Interesting transfer option for our need at Power Forward in (ex) Georgetown PF Greg Whittington, who was released today. Had some issues with injuries/academics. He's an east coast boy, so it's possible Pitino and staff could inquire.
Last yr as a Sophomore- 12.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.0 apg

Interesting transfer option for our need at Power Forward in (ex) Georgetown PF Greg Whittington, who was released today. Had some issues with injuries/academics. He's an east coast boy, so it's possible Pitino and staff could inquire.

Sounds intriguing.

Just what every program needs, a guy who was dismissed from his last college. :D

Wow never thought I would see my hometown mentioned here...I always thought Starbuck should have Starbuck's

I hate Duke, but I'd be surprised if they don't win the championship next year. People can say it's premature all they want, but that's a special lineup they're going to have (assuming Sulaimon doesn't leave).

My bet is Sulaimon is gone. That team next year will be better than Kentucky's this year because of the experience the 3 of them have playing together for the USA team. There will be nooo slow start for Duke. Any win against them next is a gift from God

Sulaimon is gone why? He has stunk up the joint so far this year in terms of shooting the ball and I don't think he is on any reputable mock drafts. Is he going to transfer somewhere?

To be honest, I don't expect them to get much out of Winslow. I watched him play in the Elite 24, last year and this year, and it looked like he regressed. He was great last year, but this year he was a hot mess - couldn't catch the ball, couldn't pass the ball, got stuffed by the rim, just didn't do much of anything right. A modest amount of added muscle for Winslow has already taken away from his athleticism.

Back to 2014 recruiting.... If we don't get Rashad (I'm not sold out on that yet) who else can we fill this open (these open) scholarship(s) with? Juco Wing? JUCO PF? 5th year transfer PF?

Back to 2014 recruiting.... If we don't get Rashad (I'm not sold out on that yet) who else can we fill this open (these open) scholarship(s) with? Juco Wing? JUCO PF? 5th year transfer PF?

hqdefault.jpg

Come on you recruiting gurus.

hqdefault.jpg

Come on you recruiting gurus.

i'd guess it's rashad for this year or a 1-year transfer type of guy with them wanting to have open slots for another good year of recruiting where we have some pretty solid in roads with some highly touted guys. it's almost impossible to tell who would be up for transfer and it really depends on how our guys shake out for this year (ie will Oto be sticking around or not). i'd guess we wouldn't go after any incoming freshman and would just wait it out to see who is transferring and would be eligible to add to our team in that fashion

My guess is Coach P. has a good idea who will be on the squad next season. I like Mason and Martin, and am still studying film of Morris because I'm just not sure. First blush is a freshman wing would be huge. I support the Gophers regardless, but I don't see them dancing next season as is. No way Coach P. and staff will stop recruiting.

My guess is Coach P. has a good idea who will be on the squad next season. I like Mason and Martin, and am still studying film of Morris because I'm just not sure. First blush is a freshman wing would be huge. I support the Gophers regardless, but I don't see them dancing next season as is. No way Coach P. and staff will stop recruiting.

In my view, scheduling Louisville, in addition to the preseason NIT for next year is a good indication that Pitino feels he will have a squad that is able to compete at a fairly high level. Vaughn and an athletic, rebounding Juco PF would take care of things. I think that would make them top 20 material.

In my view, scheduling Louisville, in addition to the preseason NIT for next year is a good indication that Pitino feels he will have a squad that is able to compete at a fairly high level. Vaughn and an athletic, rebounding Juco PF would take care of things. I think that would make them top 20 material.

Yes, Martin won't nearly be enough. Even if he develops quickly, they'll still need depth at the position.

Here are a few guys Kimani Young checked out when he made a stop out east before Maui.

http://247sports.com/Player/Mike-Nzei-36631
http://247sports.com/Player/Michal-Cekovsky-37336

Michal Cekovsky looked very nice in the videos I looked up. If hes got offers from AZ and UL that would be a fantastic get for us.

Mike Nzei didn't really appeal to me much. Long, raw, and his videos were of all dunking (seen that before usually means he cant put it in the bucket from outside the paint).

I would bet that Pitino will have at least a couple offers to work with for the 2014 class. If we don't get Vaughn I haven't seen much on new names aside from the two jaymil just posted but I would guess Pitino will look for a SG/SF type and a PF/C type, another name that would maybe fit with the SG/SF type would be Delshon Strickland.

Top Bottom