All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

I can see his game jerseys already:

GOPHERS on the front;

SQUIRREL on the back.

Well let's hope that we can open up another scholarship for Vaughn. Now it's down to either Travis Or Vaughn for the last spot....this isn't exactly what I was looking for..

Well let's hope that we can open up another scholarship for Vaughn. Now it's down to either Travis Or Vaughn for the last spot....this isn't exactly what I was looking for..

Even if all three of the Big Three suddenly decided to stay home, I'm pretty sure they would find a way.

I just don't want us to get screwed over because we're out of scholarships and one of the Big Three Wants to commit (Vaughn).

Seriously? A kid commits and and you come with a couple of negative posts because you think it takes away the possiblity of getting a couple of guys who may or may not commit in the future? How about you show some support for a kid who wants to be a Gopher?

p.s. if Rashad and Reid both want to commit we will find a way to make that possible.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Minnesota is now No. 50 in the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23247Composite&src=hash">#247Composite</a> national team rankings. <a href="http://t.co/aYe7hFTTs1">http://t.co/aYe7hFTTs1</a></p>— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) <a href="https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/statuses/395247561662926848">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just don't want us to get screwed over because we're out of scholarships and one of the Big Three Wants to commit (Vaughn).

If any of the 'Big 3' don't commit here it won't be because we were out of scholarships.

Seriously? A kid commits and and you come with a couple of negative posts because you think it takes away the possiblity of getting a couple of guys who may or may not commit in the future? How about you show some support for a kid who wants to be a Gopher?

p.s. if Rashad and Reid both want to commit we will find a way to make that possible.

Would some people on this board be happier if we just signed Minnesota kids year after year, regardless of how talented they are? If we get one of those two, I would consider it a very successful recruiting year for Pitino even if we need to watch some combination of the Big Three play elsewhere.

I knew I shouldn't of said anything, should of guessed I would be accused of "not being supportive" and "being negative". Forget I even said anything, jeez people. Who said I was negative at all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Minnesota is now No. 50 in the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23247Composite&src=hash">#247Composite</a> national team rankings. <a href="http://t.co/aYe7hFTTs1">http://t.co/aYe7hFTTs1</a></p>— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) <a href="https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/statuses/395247561662926848">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sweet!! Let's keep climbing!!!

I knew I shouldn't of said anything, should of guessed I would be accused of "not being supportive" and "being negative". Forget I even said anything, jeez people. Who said I was negative at all.

You said "bummer" and "this isn't exactly what I was looking for", how exactly is that not negative?

You're not negative, just maybe a little naive on how recruiting works, which is fine, some posters just sharks in the water looking for blood. Remember, an LOI is only good for a year, not four years, while it may seem cryptic, a coach has the right to take away a players scholarship. In 09 Peyton and Busch were politely shown the door to make room for Rodney, Royce, Trevor and Cobbs

You said "bummer" and "this isn't exactly what I was looking for", how exactly is that not negative?

THis is what I said: "Well let's hope that we can open up another scholarship for Vaughn. Now it's down to either Travis Or Vaughn for the last spot....this isn't exactly what I was looking for.." What I meant by "this isn't exactly what I was looking for" was in regards to losing out on Vaughn because we signed Morris. I never said I didn't like the kid or he was bad.

More like the M&M's:
Martin, Morris, Mason, Mathieu, McNeil and Malik
On top of Maverick and Mo

This was your post in the other thread:

Bummer, well I guess it's either Travis or Vaughn now that we only have 1 scholarship open.. :(

I understand that you're basically just saying that you're unhappy that this may make it less likely that we get Travis and Vaughn but you're basically also saying you're unhappy that Morris committed. It just doesn't seem appropriate to use the word "bummer" and a frowny face emoticon in a thread celebrating a new commitment. Anyway, I'm not trying to attack you and I'll drop it, I just didn't like the posts you made as they seemed very negative towards the Morris commitment.

And again, you can ease your mind on this costing us Travis and Vaughn, if they want to come here we will make room.

Honestly, I'm OK with missing out on Vaughn. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But with the state of the program now, we need guys that are going to stick around and develop while Pitino adds more pieces. That's why I love the signings so far! They fit his style of play and they are going to be around for a few seasons. In a couple years we could be in excellent shape. Add some uber talent next year, and look out in 2016. That's really where we need to look. I think we will need some patience to let these recruits and next years recruits (Hopefully Jarvis, Alex, and Henry) mature, get stronger, and get better.

I'd take a 4* 4 year player (Reid Travis) over a 5* 1 and done (Rashad Vaughn) every time. If he commits, I'd be thrilled with Pitino's first true class.

Martin. Mason, Morris....the 3M company opens a campus office!

Plus, their nicknames are awesome! We have "The Assassin," "Hulk," and "The Squirrel." Not sure if Reid or Vaughn have a cool nickname, but we'll take them both anyway! :)

Plus, their nicknames are awesome! We have "The Assassin," "Hulk," and "The Squirrel." Not sure if Reid or Vaughn have a cool nickname, but we'll take them both anyway! :)

R2T2 and Showtime! Of course all our commits have a nicknames. Is this a sign of things to come?!

Honestly, I'm OK with missing out on Vaughn. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But with the state of the program now, we need guys that are going to stick around and develop while Pitino adds more pieces. That's why I love the signings so far! They fit his style of play and they are going to be around for a few seasons. In a couple years we could be in excellent shape. Add some uber talent next year, and look out in 2016. That's really where we need to look. I think we will need some patience to let these recruits and next years recruits (Hopefully Jarvis, Alex, and Henry) mature, get stronger, and get better.

I'd take a 4* 4 year player (Reid Travis) over a 5* 1 and done (Rashad Vaughn) every time. If he commits, I'd be thrilled with Pitino's first true class.

Who says we are going to miss on Vaughn? If we get Travis and Vaughn wants to sign here in the Spring- a scholarship will appear.

Not super relevant, but James Blackmon is announcing his decision on Thursday. He's a Rivals 5-star SG who decomitted from Indiana awhile back and we offered him then, though I don't think think we ever really had much of a shot at him. According to 247 he will be deciding between Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and Michigan State, with Kentucky having a 98% crystal ball rating. Rivals lists him as having high interest in the previously mentioned schools plus Louisville.

Not super relevant, but James Blackmon is announcing his decision on Thursday. He's a Rivals 5-star SG who decomitted from Indiana awhile back and we offered him then, though I don't think think we ever really had much of a shot at him. According to 247 he will be deciding between Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and Michigan State, with Kentucky having a 98% crystal ball rating. Rivals lists him as having high interest in the previously mentioned schools plus Louisville.

A while back it sounded like Blackmon was headed to Michigan, Cal must have got his agent to up the payout.

Who says we are going to miss on Vaughn? If we get Travis and Vaughn wants to sign here in the Spring- a scholarship will appear.

I'm not saying we are going to miss out on him. I'm only saying IF we do, I'm not going to lose my sh*t. Especially, if we land Travis. My argument is, the program, as it is now, is better off getting some talent that is going to stick around for a few years. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom