9/1 Football Thread

hmm.......northern iowa just might do this. 3 and out for becky. northern iowa gets ball back with 5 mins to play. how about a nice 5 minute TD scoring drive by northern iowa?!?!

that was pass interference by becky. tackled the receiver before the ball even got there.

huge first down for northern iowa. keep it up guys. keep it up.

and of course a false start on first down.

Dang it, couldn't convert on 4th and that should do it.

And Iowa just took the lead with 2:15 to play

NIU down 18-17 to the pigs. little over 2 mins to go. have a chance to drive for game winning FG. NIU driving into heavy wind though. may need to get TD or a really close FG attempt to do it. come on huskies!

You just narrowly beat Northern Iowa, at home, and your first course of action is to come onto GopherHole to brag about it?

Shhh, he doesn't know the game is over. Wait a few hours until the buzz wears off.

Iowa played down to the wire by a MAC team. Wisconsin played down to the wire by an FCS team. Penn State defeated by a MAC team. Florida played down to the wire by a MAC team. Stanford played down to the wire by a WAC team.

Makes "Gophers played down the wire by a MWC team" seem less like the end of the world, right?

Iowa played down to the wire by a MAC team. Wisconsin played down to the wire by an FCS team. Penn State defeated by a MAC team. Florida played down to the wire by a MAC team. Stanford played down to the wire by a WAC team.

Makes "Gophers played down the wire by a MWC team" seem less like the end of the world, right?

If we go out and destroy New Hampshire it makes a word of difference. If we win by 7 it doesn't bode well for us.

Yes it does. Don't forget Cal getting beat at home by another MWC team (Nevada).

.????? This is an extraordinarily odd post.

I recall almost no "world is ending" posts or comments. Most thought overall, the team played really well. Too many penalties, some special teams mistakes, and far too many substandard throws from a senior QB.

Other than the above-referenced, I saw play from the other units that was much better than I expected!! Encouraging going forward, something positive to build on!!

More perspective:

Vandenberg's line:

21/33, 129 yds, 3.9 YPA, 0 TD, 0 INT, -15 yds rushing

Gray's line:

17/30 , 269 yds, 9.0 YPA, 2 TD, 1 INT, 68 yds rushing.

Let's get on with our lives, focus on New Hamster.

If we go out and destroy New Hampshire it makes a word of difference. If we win by 7 it doesn't bode well for us.

Eh, I don't know about that.

New Hampshire is a pretty good team. They are about as good as UNI and UNI was completely in the game with Wisconsin. If anyone expects a blowout, I think they are overestimating our team.

My USC pick, giving the 42 points, started well. USC gets a 75 yard TD pass on the 1st play of the game. 7-0 USC, 14 seconds in.

New Hampshire is a pretty good team. They are about as good as UNI and UNI was completely in the game with Wisconsin. If anyone expects a blowout, I think they are overestimating our team.

Agreed. New Hampshire has built a very nice program at the FCS level. On top of that, I honestly can't see how someone can possibly overestimate our squad. They have done exactly nothing over the past several years to warrant being overestimated by anybody. All i'm going to do is hope for a win.

As for Penn State, it was nice to see them lose in their first game back.

Anyone notice the trojan on the horse looks a lot like Lee Corso?

It's B1G vs. FCS... This game should not be close. If it is, we have not made much improvement. Wisconsin should have smoked UNI.

Kiffin goes for 2 up 26-0 early in the 2nd quarter. What a doosh.

Michigan getting spanked. Not getting any help from the refs. Bad facemask missed, then the WR gets shoved out of bounce. No call and a interception.

Reusse tweet: "Team from the majors (Alabama) blowing out team from triple-A league (Michigan) early."

Go Gophers!!

Reusse tweet: "Team from the majors (Alabama) blowing out team from triple-A league (Michigan) early."

Go Gophers!!

Looks like every conference is a "triple-a league" then because the Big Ten is the 2nd or 3rd best conference.

Go Gophers!!

Why oh Why couldn't we have kept Dark Star and sacrificed Reusse instead?

"@JeffPassan: If the Big Ten has divisions called Legends and Leaders, the SEC's should be Ass-Kickers and Name-Takers.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom