9/1 Football Thread

Northwestern now trailing Syracuse late

I think I'll revise my assertion that WMU will be the Gophers toughest NC opponent. Wonder if CBS turd Jerry Palm will bump them down from his ranking of #36 overall.

Syracuse misses on the 2 pointer, so 35-33 Northwestern with 6 minutes left...

Syracuse's QB looks real good, he can make some solid thing happen when he is on. They will be a good test no doubt.

Western Mich actually outgained the Illini, both teams didn't generate much offense (both around 250 yards).

Syracuse takes the lead. Syracuse's QB has like 300 yards and 4 tds in the 2nd half alone. Northwestern is blowing a 22 point lead. That is never good. Remember though, Syracuse did this comeback at home. We get them at TCF, so that should help. You know, wussy indoor teams having to play outside...

I can see why scoresandodds.com has this game as a PICK. Even the experts have no clue on this baby.

Neither of these teams can play defense, that's for sure

For sure. While I do not like B1G teams losing OOC game, it could not have happened to a more arrogant bunch then Penn State.

Final score: Ohio 24 Penn State 14.

I'll generally always cheer for Big Ten in non-con and bowls. Penn State has joined Wisconsin as the only two exceptions. I'll always cheer against both of them now.

N'western takes the lead again after a questionable personal foul call gives them life

Northwestern SCORES. Holy cow what a game. And it's not over. With the extra point, it will be a 1 point lead for Northwestern.

N'western takes the lead again after a questionable personal foul call gives them life

It doesn't take much to get one of these late hit penalties. It happened a couple times in our game and it happened in a HUGE place in this game. I'm sure Kill is stressing this.

Honestly though, the NCAA is going way overboard with some of the personal safety rules.

Northern Illinois is looking good right now. 1st and goal on the 5 at period break. 3-0 Iowa after 1...

God I love college Football.

You know, I hate to say it, but I kind of like having our game on Thursday because it's over with. No game today will put me through that range of emotion, so I can just sit, watch and enjoy. BTW, I love college football as well.

TD Northern Illinois.
Huskies 7
Pigs 3

MAC is looking pretty damn good today...

Even Buffalo stayed with Georgia for a while...

In the last 10 years, there is so much more parity in college football. It's not surprising to see good non-BCS conference teams play with anybody.

Looking through the box scores from last night, looks like Stanford had a bit of trouble with SJSU winning by 3 at home. Former Gopher DeLeon Eskridge is at San Jose State now, he didn't do much though, with 30 yards on 11 carries.

What happened to highly touted Iowa QB JV? I was anticipating to see multiple touchdown from him. lol 2 field goals so far. Is it field goal day for both of our neighbors?

Looks like we dodged a bullet by Edsall not accepting Minnesota's HC offer. Maryland looks like they are as bad this year as last year. I was not crazy when I heard Edsall was supposed to be our next coach. I am glad he turned down the offer.

First College Saturday nap is done with, what's next?

Northern Illinois up 10-6 at half over Iowa.

File this under "Huh?" Taylor Martinez with 242 yards PASSING and 3 TDs at half.

Quick question for you all. Who has more personality, Bo Pelini or a Paving Wall Stone?

Top Bottom