2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Sorry....what's the connection with Willis and Curry? Where did you see this?
Rivals.

From what I've seen, Perry is a shooter on a guard orientated team and put up 16 against Badgers and Hepburn. His D looked Carr like. Doesn't appear to be an impact type player but would likely get lots of PT.

Creighton has most of it's starters coming back.... so PT might be tougher there.

no indication that this changes things what so ever.....but was interesting as we were talking about them....and why a kid would leave that situation when he was a solid piece....the transfer portal is a confusing game

Last edited:

Rivals.

From what I've seen, Perry is a shooter on a guard orientated team and put up 16 against Badgers and Hepburn. His D looked Carr like. Doesn't appear to be an impact type player but would likely get lots of PT.
He was a good mid-major conference's player of the year, he is absolutely an impact player, wild to assert otherwise.

I can understand if the coach leaves or you earn a transfer by graduating, but the portal needs to be retooled. Why would you leave a team that is loaded for a potential final four run?
$$$

They do. However the kids can put themselves on the market and get even more. Who knows, he might end up back at Creighton with a big paycheck.

We need NIL to compete. To keep Garcia and Payne and pick up Mitchell is amazing in todays college basketball world.

He was a good mid-major conference's player of the year, he is absolutely an impact player, wild to assert otherwise.

Is he really an impact player? Just because ------

He was National Junior College Tournament MVP; and

Two-Time First Team Conference USA in each of his two seasons there; and

2023 Conference USA Most Outstanding Player; and

NIT All Tournament Team and Most Valuable Player

Yep, sounds like an impact player to me!

Is he really an impact player? Just because ------

He was National Junior College Tournament MVP; and

Two-Time First Team Conference USA in each of his two seasons there; and

2023 Conference USA Most Outstanding Player; and

NIT All Tournament Team and Most Valuable Player

Yep, sounds like an impact player to me!
Program changer!

Ben needs to find the kid that wants to be the key piece in making a big move. I really believe a top notch guard makes this team NCAA tournament level. Mitchell, Perry, Christie, Garcia, Payne, Carrington, JOJ would be a strong top 7 with wild cards in Ihnen and Fox in the mix.
Love that optimism - perfect time for the Gopher program to come alive, after years of hibernation!

Ben needs to find the kid that wants to be the key piece in making a big move. I really believe a top notch guard makes this team NCAA tournament level. Mitchell, Perry, Christie, Garcia, Payne, Carrington, JOJ would be a strong top 7 with wild cards in Ihnen and Fox in the mix.
It would help that's for sure, they would be close, I am pretty skeptical at this point without the $, that seems to be the driving factor these days.

I agree but careful with that kind of optimistic outlook.....there are many on this forum that don't like that kind of talk......safer to just stick with a doom and gloom outlook and assume there is no possible way anything good can happen as long as Johnson is the coach.

And you forgot about Betts being part of the wild card mix as well. As much as some want to write off Ihnen and Fox the reality is that in addition to whatever transfers we bring in there are 3 pieces on the roster that nobody has seen in action for the Gophers under Johnson.

I agree but careful with that kind of optimistic outlook.....there are many on this forum that don't like that kind of talk......safer to just stick with a doom and gloom outlook and assume there is no possible way anything good can happen as long as Johnson is the coach.

I know you're being sarcastic but stop anyway! The last thing anyone should care about on this site is what any group of posters think.

And you forgot about Betts being part of the wild card mix as well. As much as some want to write off Ihnen and Fox the reality is that in addition to whatever transfers we bring in there are 3 pieces on the roster that nobody has seen in action for the Gophers under Johnson.
I’m more confident that Betts becomes a key contributor than either of the post injury players.

I’m more confident that Betts becomes a key contributor than either of the post injury players.
That is a safe bet but we really don't know how Fox and Ihnen will look. We all remember Curry being a shell of the player he looked like he might become but there have been countless cases of guys making full or nearly full recoveries from injuries, even multiple ones.

That is why I see those 3 (Fox, Ihnen, and Betts) all as massive wild cards for the 23-24 season. Risky to count on any of them but the reality is that none of us has any clue what kind of impact they are going to have on the upcoming season.

That is a safe bet but we really don't know how Fox and Ihnen will look. We all remember Curry being a shell of the player he looked like he might become but there have been countless cases of guys making full or nearly full recoveries from injuries, even multiple ones.

That is why I see those 3 (Fox, Ihnen, and Betts) all as massive wild cards for the 23-24 season. Risky to count on any of them but the reality is that none of us has any clue what kind of impact they are going to have on the upcoming season.
Getting solid production from 1 of those 3 for next season will feel like a major victory at this point. Actually, Ihnen and Fox going into the season opener healthy will feel like a major victory. Hoping it all works out, some things going our way could hopefully help get some momentum started.

Top Bottom