2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

The sheer size might be intimidating for 5-10 minutes per game on defense. Just send him in to put a body on someone for a few minutes.
"What is, things we've said about Charlie Daniels, Sam Freeman, Danny Ogele, Gaston Diedhou, and Bakary Konate"

I am so sick of wasting a scholarship on these guys. We have only ONE player committed to maybe the worst team in program history and our second hope is a guy that we 99.99% know is worthless. Quit selling this as a "need". It's 2023 basketball, if Payne is out we need a skilled player in there. Not a 7' stiff who can't do anything of note. If he signs, to me that's yet another in a litany of red marks against CBJ proving he has 0 idea on how to build a competitive college basketball roster.

The sheer size might be intimidating for 5-10 minutes per game on defense. Just send him in to put a body on someone for a few minutes.

I was thinking that he might have helped us against Crowl this season. Crowl would have had a harder time backing this guy into the basket and he would have been harder to shoot over.

I am so sick of wasting a scholarship on these guys. We have only ONE player committed to maybe the worst team in program history and our second hope is a guy that we 99.99% know is worthless.

He's not our "second" hope! The coach said he wanted to recruit a post player for practice if nothing else. This guy is a spot player at most. If you've been paying attention, you've seen the guards the coaches are recruiting. They're certainly not scholarship "wastes."

Wilson might actually be a good fit. He is much bigger and stronger than Ogele, Daniels, Konate, etc. so if he has some skill I think he can help inside for 10-15 minutes a games. He is listed as 6’11” and 335 lbs! From the videos I’ve seen he’s no tub of goo and carries that weight REALLY WELL. Though some are unproven, the team has a lot of inside players coming back so a transfer center looking to start isn’t going to come here.

Guy must not want to actually play if he's considering MN. I don't understand why he's transferring if not to play more.
He says in the interview he wants to be a strength coach. Maybe we can offer better opportunities there. Plenty of possible reasons. Someone just needs to ask him.

He's not our "second" hope! The coach said he wanted to recruit a post player for practice if nothing else. This guy is a spot player at most. If you've been paying attention, you've seen the guards the coaches are recruiting. They're certainly not scholarship "wastes."
We are recruiting a practice player.....to one of the worst rosters in program history. Not to go full Iverson but WE'RE TALKING PRACTICE! Total ineptitude in my opinion.

Coming out of Junipero Serra High in California, Wilson was rated a four-star basketball prospect by ESPN and signed with Oregon State. He played seven games for the Beavers, then transferred to Idaho. Wilson appeared in 18 games for the Vandals over a little more than one season , averaging 4.2 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.

After leaving Idaho’s team in late 2020, Wilson got a job at a local GNC and worked as a strength intern for WSU’s basketball team. He planned to become a strength coach but was convinced to join WSU’s football team after a chance encounter with one of the program’s strength and conditioning staffers.
So he was a talented recruit back in 2018, and he played parts of 3 seasons for Idaho. Spent last year playing football, then joined the basketball team in December after the football season was over.

If this guy is literally your last scholarship instead of burning it like we have in the past, is somebody for Payne to bang with in practice (Ben has mentioned having difficulty fielding practices), has 5 hard fouls to give against an Edey, and can be a positive locker room presence (he is a 6th year guy and wants to be a strength/conditioning coach)...I say go for it.

I don't think he would be counted on to contribute more than 5-10 minutes on occasion when there are injuries AND foul trouble against another physical big man. He also wouldn't come in with rose colored glasses about getting lots of PT.

I'm fine with the Big from WSU. Doesn't move the needle really, but it's understandable.

MUST get 2 more capable guards.
Yeah, think so too. Hopefully one of these two will be the best of the three guards we are hoping he gets.

Yeah, think so too. Hopefully one of these two will be the best of the three guards we are hoping he gets.
Agreed. Mitchell as the best is going to be a low level backcourt in the Big 10.

The North Texas kid seems to be the real shot at a kid that could make a big difference. Ben definitely has his work cut out for him there though.

We are recruiting a practice player.....to one of the worst rosters in program history. Not to go full Iverson but WE'RE TALKING PRACTICE! Total ineptitude in my opinion.
Lol. We have 5 spots and they all aren’t going to be filled by heavy minute guys. We don’t need a big to start or play a lot but we could use someone for practice and a part time roll off the bench.

Jack will give the team a favorable look in the airports and getting off the bus. (Surprised he hasn’t committed yet.)

Googling around a bit I found a nice feature on Wilson by keen.com. His sports history including both football and basketball. He just might be a real positive for us. He can make us better in several ways.

Wilson might actually be a good fit. He is much bigger and stronger than Ogele, Daniels, Konate, etc. so if he has some skill I think he can help inside for 10-15 minutes a games. He is listed as 6’11” and 335 lbs! From the videos I’ve seen he’s no tub of goo and carries that weight REALLY WELL. Though some are unproven, the team has a lot of inside players coming back so a transfer center looking to start isn’t going to come here.
He has good 👣 and carries his weight well

Bro you’re so much smarter than Ben and his entire staff. It’s insane to me that you aren’t head coach
People keep saying this, but do we really know that BJ knows what he is doing? So far I can guarantee that in the first two seasons of me being the head coach at the U I could match two last place B1G records.

People keep saying this, but do we really know that BJ knows what he is doing? So far I can guarantee that in the first two seasons of me being the head coach at the U I could match two last place B1G records.
Have you ever spoken to him about basketball? Have you ever viewed an open practice?

Bro you’re so much smarter than Ben and his entire staff. It’s insane to me that you aren’t head coach
WSU played him for a total of 40 minutes through the entire season. So basically a practice player. I'd be surprised if CBJ and staff are much smarter than the WSU staff

Top Bottom