2023-2024 College Basketball Coaches Hired/Fired Thread

List of Coming and Going Coaches

Most Surprising Hire to me ... Chris Holtmann DePaul ... they are at the bottom...Holtmann absolutely doesn't seem like a guy who is going to do a turnaround. Sure, he might get them to the middle of the pack, but I don't see him clawing his way to the top.
When you’re as bad as DePaul you start by getting to the middle of the pack. They have gone the route of historically successful on the back end of a career and an experienced assistant. Holtman is young enough to stick around for a while and has a history of success with under the radar recruits. May not work but an understandable hire by DePaul.

School: Out / In

FROM ESPN

Bryant Bulldogs:
Jared Grasso / Phil Martelli Jr.
Cal Poly Mustangs:
John Smith /
Canisius Golden Griffins: Reggie Witherspoon /
Central Arkansas Bears: Anthony Boone/ John Shulman
Charleston Southern Buccaneers:
Barclay Radebaugh / Saah Nimley
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers:
Cliff Ellis / Justin Gray
Cornell Big Red:
Brian Earl /
DePaul Blue Demons: Tony Stubblefield / Chris Holtmann
Detroit Mercy Titans:
Mike Davis /
Drake Bulldogs: Darian DeVries /
Fairfield Stags: Jay Young / Chris Casey
Florida A&M Rattlers:
Robert McCollum /
Florida Atlantic Owls: Dusty May /
Fresno State Bulldogs: Justin Hutson /
Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs: Tim Craft /
Hampton Pirates: Edward "Buck" Joyner/ Ivan Thomas
Houston Christian Huskies:
Ron Cottrell / Craig Doty
IUPUI Jaguars:
Matt Crenshaw /
Long Beach State Beach: Dan Monson /
Louisville Cardinals: Kenny Payne /
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds: Tavaras Hardy /
Mercer Bears: Greg Gary / Ryan Ridder
Michigan Wolverines:
Juwan Howard / Dusty May
Missouri State Bears:
Dana Ford /
Ohio State Buckeyes: Chris Holtmann / Jake Diebler
Oklahoma State Cowboys:
Mike Boynton /
Old Dominion Monarchs: Jeff Jones / Mike Jones
Pacific Tigers:
Leonard Perry /
Pepperdine Waves: Lorenzo Romar /
Rice Owls: Scott Pera / Rob Lanier
Saint Louis Billikens:
Travis Ford /
Siena Saints: Carmen Maciariello /
SMU Mustangs: Rob Lanier /
Southern Illinois Salukis: Bryan Mullins /
Stanford Cardinal: Jerod Haase / Kyle Smith
UIC Flames:
Luke Yaklich / Rob Ehsan
UT Martin Skyhawks: Ryan Ridder /
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: Matt Figger /
UTSA Roadrunners: Steve Henson / Austin Claunch
Vanderbilt Commodores:
Jerry Stackhouse /
Washington Huskies: Mike Hopkins /
Washington State Cougars: Kyle Smith /
West Virginia Mountaineers: Bob Huggins / Darian DeVries
Western Carolina Catamounts:
Justin Gray/ Tim Craft
William & Mary Tribe:
Dane Fischer / Brian Earl

Lanier was out of work for about 11 seconds. SMU to Rice

Louisville must be striking out. One of the first to have an opening and still not on the board. Obviously they wanted May, but I figured they would have a back up plan. It doesn’t look like they do or everyone is saying no.

Looks like Cunzo Martin is coaching again...

For an opposing player, I liked Cuonzo a lot. At Purdue for four years. Got to "know" him at the Barn, and really improved as a player substantially over his time there. He knew how to have fun with the student section without being a jerk about it like so many are now with their obnoxious gestures.

It seems to me that New Mexico is the right level for Richard. Louisville would not end well for him.
Probably not. But he can dry his tears with $$$. Also, the last few years have probably lowered their expectations a notch or two.

He takes the $$, experience and Mashburn to Louisville. Seems like a step up for them considering the last few years.

I hope he gets it.

Andy Enfield might leave USC for SMU. Saw speculation that Eric Musselman could then end up at USC
So we not only miss our chance a 3rd time, he ends up in conference. Great.

Okay so he gets the big buck$ at Lousiville for 4 years, then gets fired and coaches at a mid major again for the 3rd time. Not a bad career at all.

Maybe he'll bring Henley, Pohto, Mashburn, and some other New Mexico players with him.

Okay so he gets the big buck$ at Lousiville for 4 years, then gets fired and coaches at a mid major again for the 3rd time. Not a bad career at all.

Maybe he'll bring Henley, Pohto, Mashburn, and some other New Mexico players with him.
Photo, Mashburn, and NM guys maybe, but I don't see the connection between Pitino and Henley. He committed the year after Pitino left.

For an opposing player, I liked Cuonzo a lot. At Purdue for four years. Got to "know" him at the Barn, and really improved as a player substantially over his time there. He knew how to have fun with the student section without being a jerk about it like so many are now with their obnoxious gestures.

I saw him play in high school for the now defunct East St. Louis Lincoln High during a holiday tournament. Laphonso Ellis played there around the same time. They were an Illinois powerhouse then and one of the few good things coming from East St. Louis at the time.

I saw him play in high school for the now defunct East St. Louis Lincoln High during a holiday tournament. Laphonso Ellis played there around the same time. They were an Illinois powerhouse then and one of the few good things coming from East St. Louis at the time.
Him and Eric Anderson (RIP) from St Francis de Sales had some great battles in 1988 in Illinois. Anderson 's team went 25-2, both losses to East St Louis Lincoln. Both are/were great guys. Got to know both of them back then.

Top Bottom