2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Heard on the radio that of the 17 million brackets submitted to ESPN there are like 161 perfect brackets left and nearly all of them are understandably from people in the New Jersey area. :)

B1G now 3-3 with Purdue, MSU, and Wisconsin left to play today
Forgot about Illinois. Will be interesting to see how many are still standing when the weekend is over.

Purdue's path got a whole lot clearer with Kentucky getting bounced yesterday.

Jabari Smith dunk with about a minute remaining against Jacksonville State. 😲

I was excited to check my bracket after OSU's win and saw that I accidentally clicked on Loyola. I think someone comes in and changes my bracket. Too bad they only pick losing teams.
You will be a National hero when you find that bastard and stop him or her from changing all our brackets. Only explanation that makes sense.

Forgot about Illinois. Will be interesting to see how many are still standing when the weekend is over.

I don't have a single Big Ten team making the Elite Eight in my bracket. Watched them all year. Plenty of "sweet" teams but none are "elite".

Still think Illinois is the best of the bunch....but they'll have to play Arizona in the Sweet Sixteen....if they get past Houston/UAB....which they should.

Purdue caught a huge break having Kentucky eliminated. But Virginia Tech has caught fire down the stretch here. And Purdue relies too heavily on three point shooting and Edey on the inside. Free throw shooting is also a concern. Wouldn't surprise me to see them lay an egg against anyone.

Wisconsin is another team like Purdue that could go cold and lose to anyone. But I think they caught a nice draw with Iowa State/LSU as a second round matchup. LSU is not a sixth seed. And Iowa State is a middling team at best. Wisconsin will likely have problems with Auburn's athleticism if they get to the round of 16.

Ohio State I have little idea about. I think that the Big East is a lot like the Big Ten this year. Lots of good teams but none that are really title contenders. Wouldn't shock me at all to see them beat Villanova. But OSU won't run too far past that.

MSU is a total question mark. They've been mediocre most of the year. Played horrible at times. But I'd never count out Izzo. Would be fun to see them in the round of 32 playing against Duke. Duke has been shakey too. Could go either way.

Congrats to Michigan for beating Colorado State....but I don't see them competing with Tennessee. If the Volunteers had been in a different region than Arizona....I would probably have picked them to make the Final Four.

I don't have a single Big Ten team making the Elite Eight in my bracket. Watched them all year. Plenty of "sweet" teams but none are "elite".

Still think Illinois is the best of the bunch....but they'll have to play Arizona in the Sweet Sixteen....if they get past Houston/UAB....which they should.

Purdue caught a huge break having Kentucky eliminated. But Virginia Tech has caught fire down the stretch here. And Purdue relies too heavily on three point shooting and Edey on the inside. Free throw shooting is also a concern. Wouldn't surprise me to see them lay an egg against anyone.

Wisconsin is another team like Purdue that could go cold and lose to anyone. But I think they caught a nice draw with Iowa State/LSU as a second round matchup. LSU is not a sixth seed. And Iowa State is a middling team at best. Wisconsin will likely have problems with Auburn's athleticism if they get to the round of 16.

Ohio State I have little idea about. I think that the Big East is a lot like the Big Ten this year. Lots of good teams but none that are really title contenders. Wouldn't shock me at all to see them beat Villanova. But OSU won't run too far past that.

MSU is a total question mark. They've been mediocre most of the year. Played horrible at times. But I'd never count out Izzo. Would be fun to see them in the round of 32 playing against Duke. Duke has been shakey too. Could go either way.

Congrats to Michigan for beating Colorado State....but I don't see them competing with Tennessee. If the Volunteers had been in a different region than Arizona....I would probably have picked them to make the Final Four.
I have very little faith in the Big Ten teams as well. Only 2 I had in the sweet 16 were Purdue and Iowa with Iowa going to the elite 8 and Purdue falling to Murray State. Should have known better than to put any faith in Iowa, stupid move on my part.

If you watched the game, 1/2 the time Ol' Chet was being guarded by guys 6'4" - 6'6"----it was almost comical. Georgia State's big man hurt his knee early and was unable to return. Chet won't have that luxury in the NBA.....
Yeah, didn’t catch a second of it. Only seen the box score. That explains a lot.

Yeah, didn’t catch a second of it. Only seen the box score. That explains a lot.
Georegia State put up a heck of a fight. Would have been interesting to see how they would have done if their only big guy hadn't gotten hurt. With him out they were able to provide almost no resistance down low and Gonzaga eventually overwhelmed them.

I'm in Milwaukee. Really eerie watching Marcus Carr play for the Longhorns.

There was a potentially bad call late in the Miami-USC game but instead of showing a replay to see who the ball went off of, they showed Coach K walking into an office with his wife.
Thought the same thing. They followed them like into their dressing room. Who would rather see that than a replay?

Whoops, counted to 6 forgetting Indiana played twice. 10 games total after these two days instead of 9

Gophers legend Drew Peterson tied the game for usc, only to lose 12 seconds later on free throws from Miami

There was a potentially bad call late in the Miami-USC game but instead of showing a replay to see who the ball went off of, they showed Coach K walking into an office with his wife.
They even said it was a huge play, but never showed a replay. Holy Drew Peterson. I wish we could have kept him…

And it was an out of bounds play but because there was 2:05 left that means they couldn’t review it right? So a key out of bounds play in a one point game with 2:05 left, we can’t worry about that. But we can stop the game for every single bit of minutia five seconds later. That is what is so fucking wrong about that stupid rule and college basketball reviews. I saw at least two overturned last night where there was absolutely no way you could say conclusively what happened, yet somehow they still overturned them and they were huge plays. Stupid.

Top Bottom