2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

I had no idea that postgrads outnumber undergrads. That is unusual.
Yeah, I assume they cater to a lot of professionals in the Chicago area working on advanced degrees in medicine, law and business. I looked up St. Thomas out of curiosity and it's about the same as Wake with 6,200 undergrads and 3,700 postgrads.

It is just so difficult for me to want harblow and michican't to win. They beat up the Gophers for so many years when I was growing up. For some reason I hate them more than any other BIG team. Even more than shitsconsin.

Reasonable. Nobody said we can’t hate everyone. I do.

Yeah but once they do that they get their doors blown off because they’re a much worse team. They’d have been better off trying to keep it close and making 4-5 plays in the 4th to win it.
The King Of Bad Takes.

This one is over. Hoping and praying for Michigan to make it and destroy them.

Not sure nationally that anyone cares about the good to average teams. The SEC has two super teams. We will find out if the Big 10 has one.
Nah. Alabama basically got a bye. Cincy did not belong in The playoff. One quality win.

Well, they’ve actually done better than I expected. Chance of winning close to zilch with either strategy and would need luck and perfect execution to break their way, which it hasn’t.
Yeah. So im not going to rip their coaches strategy

It’s happened there before -

Mike Shula says hi
Shula was only there for 4 seasons, although they did have a 24-year span between Bryant and Saban with just a single national championship in that time. But 24 years of suck isn't long enough after this run. I'm insisting on one like the Gophers post-Warmath.

It is just so difficult for me to want harblow and michican't to win. They beat up the Gophers for so many years when I was growing up. For some reason I hate them more than any other BIG team. Even more than shitsconsin.
I find them much more palatable than the Buckeyes and respect their program and school, so I can live with their arrogance.
Also if we compare old school coaches, gimme Bo over Woodchuck any day of the week!

Shula was only there for 4 seasons, although they did have a 24-year span between Bryant and Saban with just a single national championship in that time. But 24 years of suck isn't long enough after this run. I'm insisting on one like the Gophers post-Warmath.
You’re right, but I excluded Ray Perkins and the other as they had decent winnings % and Gene Stalling who was a borderline great coach with one Natty and 713 winnings % in seven seasons.

Miami will shortly be moving into its third decade since their last one ( 2002 IIRC) so you never know when the party is over for quite a while. I’ll be surprised if Mario can take them to a NC, though I think it’s good for the sport if they’re a strong team

I was surprised how bad Ritter looked. Not a good game from him.

Cincy did fine, but I would have been more excited to see Ohio St play Alabama.

I think Ohio State is probably better than Cincy.

One reason why an expanded playoff would be better is because Alabama's first game would be more likely to be against a quality team, like the #2 finisher from the Big Ten or the #2/#3 team from the SEC instead of highly over-ranked Notre Dame, an ACC flash in the pan, or Cincinnati.

Cincy did fine, but I would have been more excited to see Ohio St play Alabama.

I think Ohio State is probably better than Cincy.
I agree due to the athletic similarities. It looked many time the Bama had someone that could break it at any moment. And that includes defense. Meaning they had play changers at every position. Cinci had also, but just not in the waves Bama had.

To your point, Cincy did fine. And hopefully this improves recruiting/visibility and this is only a stepping stone. Good for them to actually be there. I honestly want Luke to be their PJ Fleck. I want them to be a national power. I don't know why, but just do.

I agree due to the athletic similarities. It looked many time the Bama had someone that could break it at any moment. And that includes defense. Meaning they had play changers at every position. Cinci had also, but just not in the waves Bama had.

To your point, Cincy did fine. And hopefully this improves recruiting/visibility and this is only a stepping stone. Good for them to actually be there. I honestly want Luke to be their PJ Fleck. I want them to be a national power. I don't know why, but just do.
Me likey

A stronger Cincy hurts OSU in the long run. Fickle is a great fit there with his Ohio roots

One reason why an expanded playoff would be better is because Alabama's first game would be more likely to be against a quality team, like the #2 finisher from the Big Ten or the #2/#3 team from the SEC instead of highly over-ranked Notre Dame, an ACC flash in the pan, or Cincinnati.

This is a good point. Almost every year....the #1 seed has gotten matched up with a team that quite possibly didn't belong....but earned it based on record.

Top Bottom