2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Agreed. I think Gonzaga might have a little higher upside later in the year, but I have a feeling Baylor might bully them a little bit Saturday.

I'm all the way here for teams like Baylor, Creighton, Illinois to a degree, Houston being awesome this year. Gonzaga in the eyes of some will never be considered among college basketball's elite, so them being awesome is great too (though I'd consider them among college hoops royalty at this point).

The difference between watching Baylor and a team like Kentucky, Duke or UNC (a team I very much like usually) is staggering right now. They have guys that know how to play basketball rather than relying on being track stars on the basketball court.

Totally agree on the bully ball part. UNC will be fun. They have some nice veteran leadership and some good young guys. I'm with you on the Dukes and Kentucky's though. This year more than many others will be reliant on teams with chemistry and smarts because of the adversity and changes to schedules that covid will bring.

Interesting that way too early 2021 mock drafts have him going middle of 2nd round. Also interesting that Matthew Hurt is projected in about the same area.
Thought all along that Hurt would have a long career at Duke. Will be wrong if he comes out after this year. He is bigger and stronger and rebounding it really well.

Is Boston College as bad as Florida is making them look? Or is Florida really that good?

Is Boston College as bad as Florida is making them look? Or is Florida really that good?

I think Florida looks pretty damn good. Lots of good athletes. Move the ball well on offense and they play REALLY tough defense. Especially around the rim....they are just swatting away shots. The refs are giving them some leeway though. I could see this type of defense getting lots of whistles with other ref groups.

Also think that Boston College may have been overvalued due to their close loss against (at the time) #3 Villanova. Turns out after a close win against a just OK ASU team....and a loss to Virginia Tech....Villanova isn't nearly as good as their preseason ranking suggests.

Thought all along that Hurt would have a long career at Duke. Will be wrong if he comes out after this year. He is bigger and stronger and rebounding it really well.

You and I did not watch the same Matthew Hurt. Will probably get drafted but likely will play overseas

You and I did not watch the same Matthew Hurt. Will probably get drafted but likely will play overseas
I did not say he would have a long NBA career. He is still getting better though and will finish as one hell of a college player. He has put on 15-18 pounds of muscle, plays with his head up, improved footwork and versatility as well as far more aggressive.

I did not say he would have a long NBA career. He is still getting better though and will finish as one hell of a college player. He has put on 15-18 pounds of muscle, plays with his head up, improved footwork and versatility as well as far more aggressive.

Seems to lack some key intangibles but time will tell.

Michigan State leading Detroit Mercy be two with 7 minutes to go in first half. Maybe hangover from duke game.

Minnesotans currently 9/31 in the wisco/marquette game.
19 of the games 38 fouls though.

Anddddd not boxing out properly loses Wisco the game. Could have been a foul but Potter started to fall.

What a finish. They don’t get much better than that.

Wisconsin loses to Marquette. Virginia holds off Kent State in OT.

These teams will meet in the NC. :ROFLMAO:

Hard to be unhappy with a badger loss, but spose it is best for gophs if big ten teams win.

Top Bottom