2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Again, not trying to say we have to get Minnesota kids, I'd be happy if we got higher quality bigs from anywhere. But when ours are poor and there are a bunch of Minnesotans doing great it sucks.
We also had Murphy and Lynch as bigs before Oturu.

Drew Peterson has 16 of USC's 36 points. Two 3's just after half...

Demir is a lower end Big Ten starter. I wouldn’t say he isn’t “Big Ten quality”

Demir is only a sophomore. He's a solid rotational player with a lot of upside. By next year....I think it's more than reasonable to think that he'll be solid Big Ten starter quality.

Demir is only a sophomore. He's a solid rotational player with a lot of upside. By next year....I think it's more than reasonable to think that he'll be solid Big Ten starter quality.
Demir graduated last year. You are thinking of Ihnen.

Demir graduated last year. You are thinking of Ihnen.

Duh. Mental lapse on my end. Yeah....he was definitely a low end Big Ten player. lol....didn't he have his best game when they played Nebraska for the last game of the season?

Sparty laying bricks against Duke right now. Also a couple of half ass charge calls already. One in favor of each team.

Sparty laying bricks against Duke right now. Also a couple of half ass charge calls already. One in favor of each team.

Refs aren't letting MSU touch the Duke players without blowing the whistle.

Spite of that MSU picked up the pace on offense and got right back in it.

Go Sparty. Leading at half. Will also mention that whether i watch this or other games i dont see other teams running offense that is much different than ours. Teams generally go 4 out and set ball screens and a lot of 1 on 1. I mention this because there is a narrative by some on here that we have an ice age offense. Not true.

Now an argument can be made that carr dribbles too much or maybe we should post players up more or things like that, but not true that other teams are somehow running exotic offenses tjat we are missing out on .

Last edited:

If izzo had come to minnesota when he first started coaching, would he have had the same success as he has had at msu?

Go Sparty. Leading at half. Will also mention that whether i watch this or other games i dont see other teams running offense that is much different than ours. Teams generally go 4 out and set ball screens and a lot of 1 on 1. I mention this because there is a narrative by some on here that we have an ice age offense. Not true.

Now an argument can be made that carr dribbles too much or maybe we should post players up more or things like that, but not true that other teams are somehow running exotic offenses tjat we are missing out on .
There are many who run more efficient offenses with equal or less talent.

Hoosiers got blown out but sparty restores the big ten's honor.

UK versus KU. Battle of smarmy coaches. The lesser of the smarmy is calipari imo so Go Kentucky!

Vitale just said michigan has #1 recruiting class next year at this point. Wonder if Tschetter will have second thoughts.

If Kentucky beats Kansas and Illinois beats Baylor, big ten will have 4 of the top 5 teams in next ap poll.

The Indiana/Stanford game. Walton asked if a three banked in. The other guy says that it hit the iron. And Bill Walton just trails off..."I love iron! Hey, have you ever been to the iron range....up there in Minnesota?"

hahaha!

Bill's partner is going straight to Heaven.

Top Bottom