2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

The Indiana/Stanford game. Walton asked if a three banked in. The other guy says that it hit the iron. And Bill Walton just trails off..."I love iron! Hey, have you ever been to the iron range....up there in Minnesota?"

hahaha!
Yesterday they were talking about dogs and he just started barking...for like 10 straight seconds. He also was mid sentence about every commercial break when they cut.

At one point his partner just goes, "Well I guess Bill is leaving right now so I am just going to cover things by myself." He just disappeared apparently.

Yesterday they were talking about dogs and he just started barking...for like 10 straight seconds. He also was mid sentence about every commercial break when they cut.

At one point his partner just goes, "Well I guess Bill is leaving right now so I am just going to cover things by myself." He just disappeared apparently.

He is the definition of "color commentary". Love it.

So the fourth best Big Ten team according to the AP is going to win handily at Duke...

They aren't the 4th best team most likely. Iowa and Illinois will not finish the year in the top 10. Let's get real here. In fact, 2 arse whippings in a row coming for the Illini.

Jimmy V Classic is just kicking off on ESPN. The intro video had a few clips of the Gophers football team. Casey O'Brien making it into a game, coming off the field and hugging Fleck, team celebrating in the locker room.

Suggs is down on the court in a lot of pain. Looked like he slipped but there's something up with his foot/ankle. Can't put any weight on it coming off the court.

That did not look good. Def looked like achilles type injury. Constant look ins at Suggs dont look good either.

However........hes not in the locker room. Which is odd for an injury that look as potentially bad as that.

He's a special athlete and hope it's not a serious injury. He looked to be grabbing his left Achilles area.

Suggs is back in the game. Just an ankle tweak.

Looks to me like the refs are doing everything they can do to help Gonzaga win. My opinion anyway. I would love to see Gonzaga get beat.

Refs called 2 more fouls on Gonzaga. West Virginia shot 12 more free throws.

Suggs does that a lot. State football championship last year was comical. Left the field!!! Came back barely able to stand. Ends to playing nearly every snap. But a bad throw? Limping. 40 yard run? Jumping around. Gets beat on the final play? Too injured to shake hands.

Gonzaga's offense against Baylor's aggressive defense. Pretty cool that the two best teams right now are not blue bloods...
I agree it’s cool although it sucks that it seems like this game won’t get the national recognition it otherwise would if it were Duke-UK 1 and 2 or KU-UNC.

I see Suggs is ready for the NBA with the overdramatization of an injury.

Only half-joking so don't get after me.

In all seriousness, I love the Zags and without him, they are good, but not national title contender good.

I see Suggs is ready for the NBA with the overdramatization of an injury.

Only half-joking so don't get after me.

In all seriousness, I love the Zags and without him, they are good, but not national title contender good.

Zags look great along with Baylor. That will be a fun match up Saturday. I'm gonna actually take Baylor. They will be a tough match up for Zaga.

Baylor Gonzaga will be interesting but not nearly as the Iowa Gonzaga game in two weeks. Whoever wins that game will probably win the National Championship. If there is one.

Zags look great along with Baylor. That will be a fun match up Saturday. I'm gonna actually take Baylor. They will be a tough match up for Zaga.

Agreed. I think Gonzaga might have a little higher upside later in the year, but I have a feeling Baylor might bully them a little bit Saturday.

I'm all the way here for teams like Baylor, Creighton, Illinois to a degree, Houston being awesome this year. Gonzaga in the eyes of some will never be considered among college basketball's elite, so them being awesome is great too (though I'd consider them among college hoops royalty at this point).

The difference between watching Baylor and a team like Kentucky, Duke or UNC (a team I very much like usually) is staggering right now. They have guys that know how to play basketball rather than relying on being track stars on the basketball court.

Our next opponent, UND lost to something called Dixie State last night. If we only beat them by 3 it will be time to be concerned.

Baylor Gonzaga will be interesting but not nearly as the Iowa Gonzaga game in two weeks. Whoever wins that game will probably win the National Championship. If there is one.
BPI has a pretty cool article that has the national title coming from a preseason top 4 in 10 of the last 12 years. The only exception is UCONN that won it twice ! They have a very simple formula based on who you return as experience, the quality that returns, the incoming transfers and recruits, quality and coaching. Incredibly accurate.

Our next opponent, UND lost to something called Dixie State last night. If we only beat them by 3 it will be time to be concerned.
I’m looking forward to a 30-40 point win to get us feeling better about ourselves.

Top Bottom