2014 NCAA Tournament Thread: Buzzer Beaters, Bracket Busters & More...

Golden Sloth, very true about the Huskers being a different team away from home.

When was the last time Duke was really good? Ten years ago?

A bunch of young kids going to the NBA instead of graduating.

I'm glad we can stop pretending Nebraska had a magical season.

I can't wait to watch the Gophers win a game in the NCAA tournament next year and watch Duke choke and lose again with Tyus and Jahlil.

They just aren't the same team when they're not at Pinnacle Bank. I had a feeling they would lose early in the BTT and the tourney.

Terrible away from home, no good wins and a few to many bad losses, would have been surprised had they won a game.

Stanford will try to choke this one away. Let's see if they're successful.

Why did Reid Travis go to Stanford? Clearly he was solely interested in the academics.

I love Coach K lamenting how young his team was. Ya, you're going to be young when you get the recruits who keep leaving early. Really feel bad for the arrogant whiner. Always makes the tournament for me when Duke goes down early.

I love Coach K lamenting how young his team was. Ya, you're going to be young when you get the recruits who keep leaving early. Really feel bad for the arrogant whiner. Always makes the tournament for me when Duke goes down early.

I remember another year when he gave his team credit because they weren't very talented and overachieved(!). I think in his simple but beautiful language that means they had fewer than four McDonald's All-Americans on the floor any any one time.

Its the same problem Lucia ran into when we missed three tournaments in a row. He had to adapt because teams full of freshman and sophomores aren't the recipe for succcess, and Coach K will too if he doesn't want to go the way of Kentucky.

Duke attempted 37 threes compared to 25 twos. How does that happen?

Duke has not had a strong inside team in years. Elton Brand?

Duke was on fire in the first half, but fell a little too much in love with its shooting. You knew if Mercer kept close all that chuckin' would come back to bite Duke because those jump shots are a lot tougher to make in the final 5 minutes when your legs are tired and the fear of being upset starts to creep in.

Now that my bracket is falling apart. (Not really, but it doesn't look pretty at the moment). I'm pulling hard for the Shockers to go undefeated.

Stanford will try to choke this one away. Let's see if they're successful.

I was really hoping they'd lose. I still think they're a talented but poorly coached team. They probably did just enough to save Dawkins' job 1 more year.

Duke has not had a strong inside team in years. Elton Brand?

Brian Zoubek - when they last won the title, not so coincidentally. Duke's problem is not just its youth but its lack of balance and diversity on the roster. They need a big stiff to take up space.

Now that my bracket is falling apart. (Not really, but it doesn't look pretty at the moment). I'm pulling hard for the Shockers to go undefeated.

I'm pulling for Mercer, NDSU, Dayton, and Hah-vard in the FF unless lower seeds advance in each region.

IN THE NCAA TOURNEY I love it when the underdogs beat the underachiever.

Miles is old news. The new love interest is Saul Phillips.

With NDSU doing what they did, NDSU can now say "good bye" to another Head Coach. Saul Phillips himself said so in so many words:
"If this results in a million dollar job at a major, I am gone." At least he's honest.

Well its official, Warren Buffet's billion dollars is safe this year. the leaders are at 20/22 possible points. Will have to settle for 100 grand I guess.

I've told you before, 19, that it's Hunter, ND that blows and Herman, MN that sucks. Those winds just pass through here.

Back in the day there was a store in downtown Fargo called Mrs Blow's Sewing Center. The guys had a different name for it.

Top Bottom