2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Only if they keep Kelley out of it.

Pretty sure I'd have a better shot of making a FT blindfolded than Shae Kelley shooting a normal FT! Anyways, congrats to the team on their first top 25 ranking in 9 YEARS!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

ESPN's bracketology came out today and has the Gophers projected as a 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament facing Toledo in the first round. Gophers would host first two rounds under this scenerio. 8 B1G teams projected in, plus Illinois and Purdue in first 5 out.

Not only hosting but he has MINNESOTA in all caps. So he thinks they are going to win the Big Ten Tournament?? :eek:

It's because they're currently at the top of the standings.

Let's wait and see until this stretch of games coming up. If they can get a split with Maryland and Ohio State, then maybe the #4 seed talk can be taken seriously. Mullaney and Bailey are the keys now--they have to produce even more. Be nice if Hirt can find a niche also. Sorry, still in the, "If only Rachel hadn't gotten hurt," mode, although, thankfully the ladies have adjusted well.

Gopher Gals on TV the next three Sundays

ESPN2
BTN
BTN

Gopher Gals on TV the next three Sundays

ESPN2
BTN
BTN

As it should be. On the BTN Women's Report yesterday they did a segment on Amanda Z. B. She played all last summer for the Swedish National Team. Have to give Borton credit for finding her.

As it should be. On the BTN Women's Report yesterday they did a segment on Amanda Z. B. She played all last summer for the Swedish National Team. Have to give Borton credit for finding her.

Even a blind squirrel...

Don't mess with the Swede. She'll destroy you.

WCCO: Gophers Embrace National Ranking, Prep For Maryland Sunday

A familiar face will return to Williams Arena Sunday as the Gophers host Maryland with both teams ranked. Remember Brenda Frese, the one who started the program in a direction, who left for Maryland and won a national title, who will bring her team to town Sunday.

She’s a competitor and a role model to Gophers’ coach Marlene Stollings.

“I’ve known her for a few years. She’s actually been a very good colleague to me,” Stollings said. “When I was first getting started she helped promote me into a head coaching position, so we have a good rapport. We don’t talk on a regular basis, but we see each other quite often out recruiting.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/01/07/gophers-embrace-national-ranking-prep-for-maryland-sunday/

Go Gophers!!

Stollings to do Let's Play Hockey Thursday

University of Minnesota head women's basketball coach Marlene Stollings has been selected to do the Let's Play Hockey pregame announcement at Thursday night's Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks game at the Xcel Energy Center. Puck drop for the contest is scheduled for 7 p.m. at will be broadcast live on NHL Network, Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/010715aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

It would certainly be nice to beat Freese, but I actutally have more confidence in the men winning this week-end than the women. They are awfully good, and without Banham I think it's too tall of a task.

It would certainly be nice to beat Freese, but I actutally have more confidence in the men winning this week-end than the women. They are awfully good, and without Whalen I think it's too tall of a task.

I love Whalen as much as the next Gopher fan, but its time we figure out a way to move on after her 2004 graduation :cool:

Go Gophers!!

Stollings to do Let's Play Hockey Thursday

University of Minnesota head women's basketball coach Marlene Stollings has been selected to do the Let's Play Hockey pregame announcement at Thursday night's Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks game at the Xcel Energy Center. Puck drop for the contest is scheduled for 7 p.m. at will be broadcast live on NHL Network, Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Wisconsin.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/010715aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

I hope the Wild's work ethic doesn't rub off on her while she's there, that team is in a tight race with Gopher hockey for most disappointing Minnesota team of the year (though hopefully Yeo's screaming session at practice yesterday fixes that).

More seriously, that's cool for Stollings, nice to see a coach from a traditionally less-publicized team get some recognition and face time in front of a big crowd of local sports fans.

I love Whalen as much as the next Gopher fan, but its time we figure out a way to move on after her 2004 graduation :cool:

Go Gophers!!

Sorry. Thinking of Freese had my brain in the way back machine. :cool: That being said, let's slip Lindsey into Rachel's uniform and see if Freese notices....

Purdue took an early 8 point lead and Brenda took a time out and really got after them. They're very athletic.

I noticed that. I think we'll see a very up-tempo game.

Will Brenda get Sid up on the floor again?

I wonder if Brenda's old pal Chris Voelz will fly in for a reunion? Probably not.:horse:

Top Bottom