2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

This is some of the worst basketball I've ever watched so far. Team struggles mightily on offense without Banham, and the zone just isn't working at all.

The defense and rebounding is really soft and some of the ladies need to figure out there is a reason why they are wide open it is because their shot is awful and Nebraska wants them to take the shot.

The Gopher defensive strategy is extremely hard to understand. The middle of the zone is wide open and Nebraska is taking full advantage. This team will not win at the Big 10 level without a complete a change in their approach to defense and rebounding.

Taking quick shots is fine if you can make them...too many run outs for Nebraska off clanked shots.

The defense and rebounding is really soft and some of the ladies need to figure out there is a reason why they are wide open it is because their shot is awful and Nebraska wants them to take the shot.

There's a reason they are leaving Shae Kelley and Mikayla Bailey open. 0-19 combined from those two tonight, and most have been air balls or bricks. And the funny thing is, they keep on shooting it. They never learn.

There's a reason they are leaving Shae Kelley and Mikayla Bailey open. 0-19 combined from those two tonight, and most have been air balls or bricks. And the funny thing is, they keep on shooting it. They never learn.
Yeah I don't know how they can't figure it out I'm just surprised with the way they've played most of this game that they are still in it.

It is incredible the way this game started that MN is up 3 with 17.2 seconds left. Can they defend the 3?

What a fantastic come behind win!!!! Fun game!

Go Gophers!!

What a rally! Great start to the conference season.

Definitely the worst 8-1 team I have ever seen. I am so sorry I bought season tickets. I won't be renewing them!!

Just keep reminding yourself....only 8 more home games, only 8 more home games....then you'll be free of this abomination!

What an unreal win. Kelley and Bailey combined to go 1-24 FG, and this team still found a way to beat the #12 team in the country. Not completely convinced the team will be able to stay afloat the rest of the year, but wow, this is a win I'll always remember.

Great comeback. I was about to turn the channel when they were down 17.

I tuned in just in time to see them make their run. Lots of fun!

That was guts tonight. Great start to Big Ten. Even without Banham, a lot of wins to be had in a mediocre Big Ten. This team still has talent.

Game was a lot more interesting than the crappy bowl games being played tonight.

I tuned in just in time to see them make their run. Lots of fun!

Yes it was.

There just seemed to be a maturation process during the game.........as - this is what we have to do without Rachel.

After watching the last 10 minutes again, I have to wonder if Nebraska was just plain tired. They played with 2 subs on the bench all night and had a starter foul out with 4 minutes to play. That's got to be tough. I'm not apologizing for the win, and we're down a BIG player of the year ourselves, so no reason to feel bad. All in all, a very nice win to start the year. I think the Nebraska coach made a mistake by not using more of her timeouts during the run to let her players rest. Having several players with 38+ minutes and still having 3 timeouts with 10 seconds left isn't a recipe for success. What does appear to be clear is that we may find ourselves down late in a bunch of games the rest of the way. I don't understand what has happened to Kelley, but she needs to find her scoring in a hurry.

I was on the Nebraska board, just to see the reaction.

Boy do they complain about Zahui. She's a hack, she travels every time she touches the ball, she's a diver.

I think the scorer screwed up on that play after the Mullaney missed free throw. I think the official called a double foul on that play (otherwise the Zahui would have been shooting), instead the Gophers inbounded on what I think was alternate possession. That only would have been Zahui's 2nd foul though.

Zahui ( aka, the big Swede) was getting pushed around by that blond thug all night. She came over Zahui's back 3 or 4 times on the boards. Normally you lose a game when the other team gets 23 offensive rebounds. The girls do a horrible job of turning and looking for the ball after the shot. Nebraska got a lot of the offensive boards from inside the foul line. Nobody from the Gophers was there to seal off the long rebound. Kelly came back in the second half and had a strong defensive game. Bailey had a rough night on both sides of the ball. Wagner had some good moments, but man she gets lost on help defense. Several times she didn't release on the weak side and Nebraska got easy layups. I think the ladies will be tough to beat at Williams Arena. If the can squeeze out 3 or 4 road wins they'll make the tourney. Their RPI before the Nebraska game was 37.

Zahui ( aka, the big Swede) was getting pushed around by that blond thug all night. She came over Zahui's back 3 or 4 times on the boards. Normally you lose a game when the other team gets 23 offensive rebounds. The girls do a horrible job of turning and looking for the ball after the shot. Nebraska got a lot of the offensive boards from inside the foul line. Nobody from the Gophers was there to seal off the long rebound. Kelly came back in the second half and had a strong defensive game. Bailey had a rough night on both sides of the ball. Wagner had some good moments, but man she gets lost on help defense. Several times she didn't release on the weak side and Nebraska got easy layups. I think the ladies will be tough to beat at Williams Arena. If the can squeeze out 3 or 4 road wins they'll make the tourney. Their RPI before the Nebraska game was 37.

The 15-4 turnover margin partially negated the offensive rebound edge.

Gophers beat Purdue 81-68 in West Lafayette today! Move to 2-0 in B1G play and 13-1 on the year.

Those starters log serious minutes. Wagner 39 in both conference games. Zahui 39 today and 36 against Nebraska.

Top Bottom