12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is at all Huntington Prep rumor related but this was vaughn's last tweet..

</script><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep, we talked about this earlier in this thread. Rashad seems to be cut from the MJ, Bird, Malone, Magic cloth much more than the current players. You could see it in his answers about why he is playing elsewhere. I really like that kind of cockiness/swagger (are the kids still saying swagger?), in a a SG. You see it in Dre a bit. I don't think Rashad thinks there is a player in the country who can defend him and he's probably right. It's like with a WR, every good WR thinks he is always open, every good SG thinks he always has a mismatch.

I hope this thread doesn't degrade into a Rashad or Tyus thing. If Rashad comes here, regardless of anything to do with Tyus, it's a HUGE day for Gopher basketball.

Nah it's all about the swag now bro.

I don't know if this is at all Huntington Prep rumor related but this was vaughn's last tweet..

Vaughn is playing in the EYBL Session #2 – in Hampton, VA this weekend.

Go Gophers!!

More on Vaughn deciding to play for Wisconsin Playground Elite and his matchup vs. Jones and Travis this weekend:

“I feel like he would have been just fine,” Jones said. “But there is no controversy. It’s the best situation for him.”

Fans will get to see the trio play on the same court for the first time Saturday in the Nike circuit’s second session in Hampton, Va. Playground Elite and Howard Pulley are scheduled to play at 10 a.m. CDT.

“I want it to be exciting. It’s Reid, Tyus and me, the Big Three. Everyone is going to amp it up,” Vaughn said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/204956071.html

More on Vaughn deciding to play for Wisconsin Playground Elite and his matchup vs. Jones and Travis this weekend:

“I feel like he would have been just fine,” Jones said. “But there is no controversy. It’s the best situation for him.”

Fans will get to see the trio play on the same court for the first time Saturday in the Nike circuit’s second session in Hampton, Va. Playground Elite and Howard Pulley are scheduled to play at 10 a.m. CDT.

“I want it to be exciting. It’s Reid, Tyus and me, the Big Three. Everyone is going to amp it up,” Vaughn said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/204956071.html

any chance this will be streamed online somewhere? would love to watch it

Appreciate it. Would be interesting to know where the info is coming from if the rocketing actually is true.

Essentially, the article says it appears we "rocketed" into contentention for Rashad. They go on to say that it shouldn't be a huge surprise because he is a home grown talent other than our history wouldn't indicate we can out recruit the big guns. They give credit to Pitino for making inroads. The finish up by mentioning the state is loaded in 2014 and this would be a big get for Pitino. If he gets more than one of the big three, his recruiting acumen will endear him to Minnesota (my words).

I would think going to a Prep school in the east would diminish our chances of getting him. Further away from Pitino and the Barn and he's then easy access to the coaches out there.

I would think going to a Prep school in the east would diminish our chances of getting him. Further away from Pitino and the Barn and he's then easy access to the coaches out there.

He's had exposure to every coach he has wanted to see. The question is - does he want to stay home and be near his family. If his family moves to Virginia- then I would worry. Bottom line- so far Pitino has done a great job of improving out chances of getting Vaughn.

You hope. Keep praying.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like a great game. Has anyone ever been to one of these events? Is it structured like actual basketball? For some reason the only thing I can picture in my mind is an And1 tour mixtape.

Sounds like a great game. Has anyone ever been to one of these events? Is it structured like actual basketball? For some reason the only thing I can picture in my mind is an And1 tour mixtape.

Yeah it's like high school basketball but with more talent.

EYBL games are actually quite competitive and structured. Like JohnnyBoy said, just a lot a talent.

May 25-27 at High Performance Academy in Eagan. Bring 5-10 bucks and be there!

It's very competitive, but everyone's just more talented. The amosphere on the court Pulley's on is awesome! Get your spot in the stands on the court during the game before pulley though so you can assure yourself of a nice on court spot to sit instead of standing at the doorway the whole game.

May 25-27 at High Performance Academy in Eagan. Bring 5-10 bucks and be there!

It's very competitive, but everyone's just more talented. The amosphere on the court Pulley's on is awesome! Get your spot in the stands on the court during the game before pulley though so you can assure yourself of a nice on court spot to sit instead of standing at the doorway the whole game.
Last year it was $10 and you might be overselling it a bit if the guy hates And1. There's not a lot of discipline on display. They're all-star teams who haven't played together that much and it shows. I watched Wiggins 2014 #1 recruit for a half last year and he was just coasting. The talent is on display, but it's hard to see what will translate to the college game.

Anyone know why Rashad is pissed at the strib? His most recent tweet says "@ShowtimeMr: Star Tribune twisted up my whole situation Smh"

Anyone know why Rashad is pissed at the strib? His most recent tweet says "@ShowtimeMr: Star Tribune twisted up my whole situation Smh"

The Star Tribune mentioned that Vaughn turned his back on Travis and Jones when he decided to not play with Howard Pulley. Tyus already said that Vaughn didn't turn his back, but it was just his best situation.

Here is the article explaining the matchup between the two teams where the writer says this.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/204956071.html?refer=y

The Star Tribune mentioned that Vaughn turned his back on Travis and Jones when he decided to not play with Howard Pulley. Tyus already said that Vaughn didn't turn his back, but it was just his best situation.

Here is the article explaining the matchup between the two teams where the writer says this.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/204956071.html?refer=y

Ya that would do it. Leave it to a newspaper to make a story out of nothing.

Ya that would do it. Leave it to a newspaper to make a story out of nothing.
Depends on how you view AAU games. If you care who wins, it matters. If Tyus transferred to Hopkins for his senior year, would it be a story? Does Rashad even have family in Milwaukee?

Depends on how you view AAU games. If you care who wins, it matters. If Tyus transferred to Hopkins for his senior year, would it be a story? Does Rashad even have family in Milwaukee?

He didn't leave Howard Pulley. He wasn't even on the team to begin with. By the way, players play on out of state AAU teams all the time. Transferring schools and switching AAU teams isn't even close to the same thing.

He didn't leave Howard Pulley. He wasn't even on the team to begin with. By the way, players play on out of state AAU teams all the time. Transferring schools and switching AAU teams isn't even close to the same thing.
Reid wasn't playing with Pulley last year either.
Few understood why Cooper star Rashad Vaughn would turn his back on Tyus Jones of Apple Valley and Reid Travis of DeLaSalle. Minnesota’s Class of 2014 “Big Three” were considered shoe-ins for the Howard Pulley Nike Elite Youth Basketball League club team.
"Shoe-in" implies that he may have made at least an informal verbal commitment to Pulley.

It's at least validation of what we know about Rashad and his desire to perhaps go somewhere he is the major star on the team instead of going to Kentucky.

Reid wasn't playing with Pulley last year either.

"Shoe-in" implies that he may have made at least an informal verbal commitment to Pulley.

It's at least validation of what we know about Rashad and his desire to perhaps go somewhere he is the major star on the team instead of going to Kentucky.

I don't know what Reid has to do with anything. I was just saying it isn't like he was on the team and last minute said "screw you guys, I'm leaving." You can't leave a team that you weren't even on to begin with. I don't know if he made a verbal commitment to play for them, but whatever happened it sounds like the Star Tribune doesn't completely have their facts straight.

Watch out now. Hopkins haters are about to explode. RECRUITING TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!BLEAREAHGERHA!!!!

Even if he doesn't become a Gopher I would like to see him stay at Cooper.It's nice to have the strongest high school basketball possible in state. Sounds like this AAU scene is a cesspool with Prep school coaches, would be agents and nationally anyway, corrupt coaches furthering their own agenda. It was interesting in Shaka Smart's lack of interest in the Illinois job a factor was the corrupt Chicago AAU scene.

@gopherhole: A long time Minnesota AAU coach told us today that "5 weeks ago the #Gophers had no shot at the Big 3, now any combination is possible."

Go Gophers!!

EYBL The Circuit's feature of last Saturday's matchup between Jones and Vaughn. Pretty good clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom