12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was Reusse, or no wait Souhan, or was it Soucherey, maybe Sid, or was it Sansavere? :) too many options to say one is "by far the worst"

It is whomever says the latest thing about the MN program that the board does not agree with, don't you know that?

per Shama:

But not so sure about Minnesota’s chances for landing Apple Valley point guard Tyus Jones and Cooper shooting guard Rashad Vaughn, both juniors. Elite prep players often want to know how their college experiences can help them earn a roster spot in the NBA. Pitino, at 30 years old, can’t talk about any players he sent to the next level as a head coach. Tough competition against power coaches like Kentucky’s John Calipari and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

But not so sure about Minnesota’s chances for landing Apple Valley point guard Tyus Jones and Cooper shooting guard Rashad Vaughn, both juniors. Elite prep players often want to know how their college experiences can help them earn a roster spot in the NBA. Pitino, at 30 years old, can’t talk about any players he sent to the next level as a head coach. Tough competition against power coaches like Kentucky’s John Calipari and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I can't believe sports writers actually get paid for stuff like this.

I can't believe sports writers actually get paid for stuff like this.

As much as I loved Flip as a candidate, I always thought that the part about him being a former NBA coach and that being a selling point for recruits was way overrated. I think kids are smart enough to understand that development of their skills and overall game is the key to their NBA readiness. I think Richard has already made an impression on Vaughn about knowing how to develop players.

Sounds like Rashad caught the eyes of Coaches, Fans, and Media this weekend. As averaged something like 25 points and 8 rebounds in his 4 games this weekend.

He is already #9 ESPN and #6 Rivals, but if he keeps this up throughout the rest of the grassroots season, look for his ranking to go up a few notches!

We need him. Of the big three I hope we sign Rashad the most, then Reid, then Tyus.

Sounds like Rashad caught the eyes of Coaches, Fans, and Media this weekend. As averaged something like 25 points and 8 rebounds in his 4 games this weekend.

He is already #9 ESPN and #6 Rivals, but if he keeps this up throughout the rest of the grassroots season, look for his ranking to go up a few notches!

Not sure how fans/media/coaches could be any higher on the kid. A consensus top 10 kid, it seems as if he's already caught the eye of everyone.

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure why but I feel Vaughn might be harder to keep home than Tyus.

We need him. Of the big three I hope we sign Rashad the most, then Reid, then Tyus.

I would rather have Tyus than Reid, but i'm starting to get tired of his act. He says the Gophers are still in it but still says he wants to play with Okafor. Put two and two together and it doesn't take a genius to see that we don't have a chance. I hope he goes to Duke and we beat him in the tournament.

I would rather have Tyus than Reid, but i'm starting to get tired of his act. He says the Gophers are still in it but still says he wants to play with Okafor. Put two and two together and it doesn't take a genius to see that we don't have a chance. I hope he goes to Duke and we beat him in the tournament.

What act? The guy is a 17 year old who is weighing his options. Just cause they intend to play together doesn't guarantee they will. Just cause Okafor doesn't have Minnesota in the mix as of now doesn't mean Pitino can't potentially change that. You never know what could happen in the next bunch of months. If they don't like the same school for whatever reason, I doubt one will make the other commit there just to make the other happy so they can play together.

Vaughn does feel like the better chance of all of them, partly cause he has the "lone wolf" feel to him, like he doesn't care what others are gonna do, he's gonna do his thing and play where he feels he can thrive, whether that's here, or UNC, or whatever. He hasn't really bound himself to anything besides a desire to play uptempo, which bodes in our favor now actually.

ESPN notes from Nike EYBL this weekend.

Best Player

Rashad Vaughn (Golden Valley, Minn./Cooper)
2014, SG, 6-foot-5, 200 pounds
Club Team: Wisconsin Elite
Status: UNC, UConn, Baylor, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Syracuse, Texas, Illinois, and Iowa State are involved.
This weekend Vaughn consistently exhibited that he may be the most college-ready guard in the class. He has a physically imposing frame and can score at all three levels. He isn't the most explosive player, but he's the most polished at this time.

Interestingly MN not on the list?

Best Player

Status: UNC, UConn, Baylor, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Syracuse, Texas, Illinois, and Iowa State are involved.
This weekend Vaughn consistently exhibited that he may be the most college-ready guard in the class. He has a physically imposing frame and can score at all three levels. He isn't the most explosive player, but he's the most polished at this time.

no

Best Player

That's ESPN for ya.

Vaughn is a stud, getting him has to be a priority for Pitino and I think he can really thrive in Pitino's offense. If it weren't for Jones, Vaughn would be viewed as the best talent to come out of Minnesota in a decade. And it may be Vaughn that has the better career when it's all said and done.

One big-name coach after another had a chance over the weekend to watch Rashad Vaughn at the Nike EYBL stop in Los Angeles, and the Rivals No. 6 player in the Class of 2014 closed out the four-game series with a 31-point game. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, North Carolina coach Roy Williams, Kansas coach Bill Self, Minnesota coach Richard Pitino, Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo, Michigan coach John Beilein, Baylor coach Scott Drew, Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin, Oregon coach Dana Altman, Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton, Florida assistant Rashon Burno, Maryland assistant Bino Ranson, Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts and Georgetown assistant Kevin Broadus were among those watching Vaughn

Wisconsin Playground Elite 78, ICP Elite 63
2014 SG Rashad Vaughn (WPE): 31 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 13/20 FGs, 4/6 threes

Best Player

Don't read anything into it - Marquette isn't either. ESPN isn't immune to inaccuracies or incompleteness.

Best Player

Rashad shrugged UCONN off in his question and answer profile, so I wouldn't read into that either that some teams made it on the list.

In the final class rankings late next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Rashad passed Tyus.

"@DarrenWolfson: Rashad Vaughn was supposed to have a visit from Kansas yesterday. But his flight was delayed coming back from the EYBL L.A. event."

Many of us on here already know somewhat about the information below, but it's intriguing to read it from RecruitingNation. In their April 11th addition, we weren't in the "Front-runners" category.

Rashad Vaughn | @ShowtimeMr | Junior
Minneapolis (Minn.) Robbinsdale Cooper | SG | 6-6/200 | ESPN 60 Rank: No. 9

Previous BlueChipBattles rank: No. 8

Who wants him? UNC, Kentucky, Florida, Baylor, Minnesota, Kansas, Louisville, Iowa State and Georgetown.

Front-runners: Minnesota and UNC.

Dark horse: Kansas and Kentucky.

@JoelFranESPN with the buzz: After watching Vaughn tear it up at the Nike EYBL it appears he might be the most coveted scoring guard in the country come signing day. On the first night, Roy Williams and assistant coach Steve Robinson were front row to take in the talents of Vaughn, as was Minnesota, Kansas and Michigan State. Despite UNC, Kentucky and Kansas involved we are hearing Minnesota is in excellent position to land Vaughn. Apparently, he is the type of prospect who wants to be "the man," and Minnesota and their newly hired coach Richard Pitino can provide that opportunity for him.

Tweet headline on ESPN.com home page: (must have ESPN Insider)

Is Minnesota now a front runner for guard Rashad Vaughn, ranked No. 9 in the class of 2014?

Many of us on here already know somewhat about the information below, but it's intriguing to read it from RecruitingNation. In their April 11th addition, we weren't in the "Front-runners" category.

Rashad Vaughn | @ShowtimeMr | Junior
Minneapolis (Minn.) Robbinsdale Cooper | SG | 6-6/200 | ESPN 60 Rank: No. 9

Previous BlueChipBattles rank: No. 8

Who wants him? UNC, Kentucky, Florida, Baylor, Minnesota, Kansas, Louisville, Iowa State and Georgetown.

Front-runners: Minnesota and UNC.

Dark horse: Kansas and Kentucky.

@JoelFranESPN with the buzz: After watching Vaughn tear it up at the Nike EYBL it appears he might be the most coveted scoring guard in the country come signing day. On the first night, Roy Williams and assistant coach Steve Robinson were front row to take in the talents of Vaughn, as was Minnesota, Kansas and Michigan State. Despite UNC, Kentucky and Kansas involved we are hearing Minnesota is in excellent position to land Vaughn. Apparently, he is the type of prospect who wants to be "the man," and Minnesota and their newly hired coach Richard Pitino can provide that opportunity for him.

gif_clint_yes350.gif

Tweet headline on ESPN.com home page: (must have ESPN Insider)

Is Minnesota now a front runner for guard Rashad Vaughn, ranked No. 9 in the class of 2014?

Hope is his the first commit so we can get this 2014 thing going!

As I said in JP's thread, if we take 4 from the class of 2014 I wouldn't worry about overlap between JP and Rashad at the same position. He could redshirt or play as a freshman, but Rashad will be here one year, maybe two.

Apparently this Joel Francisco knows exactly the kind of rumor that gets Gopherholers like me all fired up and hoping. Luckily, we are all smart enough to know that our hopes will likely be curbstomped in a Maroon and Gold mess on the steps outside Williams Arena. Ugh.

Apparently this Joel Francisco knows exactly the kind of rumor that gets Gopherholers like me all fired up and hoping. Luckily, we are all smart enough to know that our hopes will likely be curbstomped in a Maroon and Gold mess on the steps outside Williams Arena. Ugh.

I've really liked our chances with Rashad even before this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom