12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gopherhole: A long time Minnesota AAU coach told us today that "5 weeks ago the #Gophers had no shot at the Big 3, now any combination is possible."

Go Gophers!!

I think we'll land Vaughn and Travis, but what the hell do I know.

Tyus is experiencing a very high level of coaching and leadership....

Jesus I had to mute the video because that idiot bald head coach kept yelling "c'mon". What is with this aau programs and the wannabe coaches? If I was a players parent neither of those coaches would come close to my kid.

Jesus I had to mute the video because that idiot bald head coach kept yelling "c'mon". What is with this aau programs and the wannabe coaches? If I was a players parent neither of those coaches would come close to my kid.

What you expect a ton of high school coaches to travel around and coach AAU? Would you coach yourself or keep your kid off the circuit? These guys are AAU coaches for a reason. It comes with the package

Simply because he yelled "c'mon?" Haha that's genius. He might not be the greatest coach in basketball, but they didn't just pick him up off the street either: http://www.usabasketball.com/bios/harris_antwan.html

What you expect a ton of high school coaches to travel around and coach AAU? Would you coach yourself or keep your kid off the circuit? These guys are AAU coaches for a reason. It comes with the package

Plenty of AAU coaches are also high school coaches.

My question...Where does all of this money come from that AAU has to travel all over the nation, provide accommodations for meals and lodging and travel? Something is out of whack here, as far as I am concerned.

My question...Where does all of this money come from that AAU has to travel all over the nation, provide accommodations for meals and lodging and travel? Something is out of whack here, as far as I am concerned.

You've been out of organized sports for awhile now haven't you?

Simply because he yelled "c'mon?" Haha that's genius. He might not be the greatest coach in basketball, but they didn't just pick him up off the street either: http://www.usabasketball.com/bios/harris_antwan.html

Welp I never said I was genius. I guess when I played AAU basketball it was a lot different. When I played for the Foxvalley skillz we had coaches that went on to coach at the college level that started in our program and their coaching philosophy was more than just screaming and gyrating on the sidelines yelling c'mon. But you are right, the man maybe a great coach and the editing might have just been terrible.

Welp I never said I was genius. I guess when I played AAU basketball it was a lot different. When I played for the Foxvalley skillz we had coaches that went on to coach at the college level that started in our program and their coaching philosophy was more than just screaming and gyrating on the sidelines yelling c'mon. But you are right, the man maybe a great coach and the editing might have just been terrible.

I'll admit the yelling in the video was annoying. Just thought it was funny that you judged his coaching ability simply from that.

I'm not aware of any head coaches doing that (which is what I meant)

Not sure if it still exists, but there used to be a rule in place limiting when HS coaches could be in contact with players(as in no instruction out of season). Hence, assistants in some instances don't resign their contracts during the summer so they can coach AAU of the same players on their HS. Maybe this has changed. Maybe it is the same, but that was the reason I thought head HS coaches don't coach their players on the AAU circuit.

Please correct me if I am mistaken. Those rules may be state specific as well as sport specific I don't know(but they did exist when I was in HS less then a decade ago in MN).

Hopefully we can get Vaughn. I'd be happiest with him going to MN out of all of the BiG3.

So... based on the video for one game, you've managed to conclude that he's an idiot. Upon finding out he's probably actually a pretty good coach, you then summed up his entire coaching philosophy. Nice.

their coaching philosophy was more than just screaming and gyrating on the sidelines yelling c'mon.

I keep checking for updates on Vaughn and it's all about his AAU coach. Please take the AAU coach talk to another thread.

@tchoopsczar: More fuel to Rashad Vaughn leaving rumors. Pete Kaffey has resigned at Cooper.

Go Gophers!!

Lol, basing your assessment off of a 3 min video clip huh? Why shouldn't he show some intensity during a game thats going down to the wire? And if you actually sat and watched any HP games in past years, Harris is one of the better AAU coaches around. He knows his players well and runs some tremendous sets to really maximize their strengths. No way this team should have made it to the elite 8 of Peach Jam last year when you consider there was only 1 sure-fire D1 prospect on the team (Tyus).

Lol, basing your assessment off of a 3 min video clip huh? Why shouldn't he show some intensity during a game thats going down to the wire? And if you actually sat and watched any HP games in past years, Harris is one of the better AAU coaches around. He knows his players well and runs some tremendous sets to really maximize their strengths. No way this team should have made it to the elite 8 of Peach Jam last year when you consider there was only 1 sure-fire D1 prospect on the team (Tyus).

Yeah, but.....but he yelled "c'mon" and stuff. He can't be a good coach.

CBS: Five-star wing Rashad Vaughn faces two crucial decisions

That's right, Vaughn is also dealing with another recruitment – where he will attend high school next year. Huntington Prep (W.Va.), Findlay Prep (Nev.), Oak Hill Academy (Va.) and Brewster Academy (N.H.) are all possible options, while returning to Robbinsdale Cooper (Minn.) might not be completely out of the question.

“Whatever the best is playing at, to play against the best, that's what I'll do,” Vaughn said last weekend. “Being away from home is not really a factor.”

North Carolina is thought to have something of an edge right now in his recruitment, and Vaughn did visit Chapel Hill in early March for the Tar Heels' game against Duke. They offered him after watching a game in mid-February.

Recently, Roy Williams came through for an in-home visit.

“We sat down as a family,” Vaughn said. “He told us about everything, talked to my family. I liked it, my family liked it. It was cool. Hr brought some of the rings. It was nice to see the rings. He's got a lot of them.”

One school that is an interesting option for Vaughn could be in-state Minnesota. The Golden Gophers recently replaced Tubby Smith with Richard Pitino, who then hired a young and energetic coaching staff.

Because Vaughn is an in-state prospect, he's become a primary target for the new coaching staff.

“I like the new coaches. I like coach Pitino,” Vaughn said. “He gets up and down too, my style of play. I went to one of their workouts, and they were going hard, so I liked that. I got a good relationship with coach Kimani [Young] too.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ing-rashad-vaughn-faces-two-crucial-decisions

Go Gophers!!

I think he mentioned getting "up and down" about five times in that article haha. Obviously that is very important to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom