12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

per Shama:

Will Rashad Vaughn, the shooting guard who is rated the No. 6 player in the country by Rivals.com for the class of 2014, play his senior year for Robbinsdale Cooper or go elsewhere? Perhaps to a prep school outside Minnesota?

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Will Rashad Vaughn, the shooting guard who is rated the No. 6 player in the country by Rivals.com for the class of 2014, play his senior year for Robbinsdale Cooper or go elsewhere? Perhaps to a prep school outside Minnesota?

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Personally I think he should just go to DLS with his future teammate Reid Travis and possible future teammate Jarvis Johnson

Personally, I hope Rashad stays instate for his HS bball, just so that I can watch him play more.

I know it's been sort of talked about a bit on this site, but I just love how this kid carries himself. We live in such an age where we are used to this overproduced about of chivalry between players. It's the whole Big 3 in Miami thing, instead of players in the MJ era trying to prove they were the best. I think for a program like the U, where we aren't like Kansas, Kentucky or UNC, having a guy like Rashad, who just gives off the more Kobe/MJ vibe is just a perfect fit. I think he wants to put a program on his back and prove he's the best player in the country.

Sometimes there is a thin line between this ruthless/coldblooded mentality that Rashad seems to have and being a arrogant jerk. But I never get the vibe from anything Rashad says that he crosses that line. He doesn't seem to care where Tyus goes, but he is always respectful. He doesn't rip on other players or say anything out of line, he just has that mentality that we need.

So stay home Rashad, put the Gophers on your back (with help in year 1 from Andre Hollins). A great year or two at the U and he's an absolute legend here. A great year in Kentucky, and you're just Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Brandon Knight. . . a good player, but replaced by another good player the next year.

Personally, I hope Rashad stays instate for his HS bball, just so that I can watch him play more.

I know it's been sort of talked about a bit on this site, but I just love how this kid carries himself. We live in such an age where we are used to this overproduced about of chivalry between players. It's the whole Big 3 in Miami thing, instead of players in the MJ era trying to prove they were the best. I think for a program like the U, where we aren't like Kansas, Kentucky or UNC, having a guy like Rashad, who just gives off the more Kobe/MJ vibe is just a perfect fit. I think he wants to put a program on his back and prove he's the best player in the country.

Sometimes there is a thin line between this ruthless/coldblooded mentality that Rashad seems to have and being a arrogant jerk. But I never get the vibe from anything Rashad says that he crosses that line. He doesn't seem to care where Tyus goes, but he is always respectful. He doesn't rip on other players or say anything out of line, he just has that mentality that we need.

So stay home Rashad, put the Gophers on your back (with help in year 1 from Andre Hollins). A great year or two at the U and he's an absolute legend here. A great year in Kentucky, and you're just Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Brandon Knight. . . a good player, but replaced by another good player the next year.

We've talked about this before, but Rashad has a serious swagger about him. It'd be awesome to have that confidence and poise on our team. If we land him Gopher fans are all in for a treat.

ESPN #BlueChipBattles

Rashad Vaughn | @ShowtimeMr | Junior
Minneapolis (Minn.) Robbinsdale Cooper | SG | 6-6/200 | ESPN 60 Rank: No. 9

Previous BlueChipBattles rank: No. 5

Who wants him? UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Florida, Baylor, Minnesota, Georgetown, Iowa State, among others

Front-runners: UNC, Kentucky and Florida

Dark horse: Minnesota and Iowa State

@ReggieRankin with the buzz: The Tar Heels have been in hot pursuit of the nation's top-rated junior SG, but so too have the hometown Golden Gophers and new coach Richard Pitino. In recent weeks, coaches from Kentucky and Iowa State have had a huge presence at Vaughn's AAU games as well. It doesn't look like Minnesota or Iowa State will go away quietly despite being in an uphill battle against several perennial top 25 clubs.

Here's what Vaughn had to say about the schools that have stood out to him most thus far this spring.

"North Carolina, Kentucky and Iowa State are (the schools) I have noticed the most at the games," Vaughn said. "Especially North Carolina. I am looking to maybe narrow my list before the (July Nike) Peach Jam."

We've talked about this before, but Rashad has a serious swagger about him. It'd be awesome to have that confidence and poise on our team. If we land him Gopher fans are all in for a treat.

Yeah, I was just trying to steer the convo back to Rashad. So I decided to beat a dead horse on Rashad in hopes that he remained the subject of thread.

Yeah, I was just trying to steer the convo back to Rashad. So I decided to beat a dead horse on Rashad in hopes that he remained the subject of thread.

Good call. I really want to get out and see him this summer. You know if he's playing around the Cities at all coming up?

As Tim Grover would say ... Rashad Vaughn is a cleaner.

I really wish Rashad would commit sometime early this summer. Not only would this help build the recruiting buzz that Pitino started, but it would likely get other big time recruits to take notice. I know the consensus is that pretty everyone hates Royce White, but he had the foresight to commit early, which helped Tubby secure a strong recruiting class.

I really wish Rashad would commit sometime early this summer. Not only would this help build the recruiting buzz that Pitino started, but it would likely get other big time recruits to take notice. I know the consensus is that pretty everyone hates Royce White, but he had the foresight to commit early, which helped Tubby secure a strong recruiting class.

I feel like if either Vaughn or Travis commit to the Gophers it could spark a big 2014 class for us, but I also believe that neither are quite ready. They may want to see how well Pitino does in the B1G.

I feel like if either Vaughn or Travis commit to the Gophers it could spark a big 2014 class for us, but I also believe that neither are quite ready. They may want to see how well Pitino does in the B1G.

Yeah, I think our hopes for an early commit from any of them went away when Tubby left (assuming he could have gotten a commit from any of them). I'm pretty sure they will be waiting with a watchful eye to see how things get going on the actual floor with Pitino once the season rolls around. At least I would assume they would, makes perfect sense.

Good call. I really want to get out and see him this summer. You know if he's playing around the Cities at all coming up?

I don't know, I think I heard he is going to playing in Eagan sometime in June I believe. I'm not super plugged into the AAU stuff, but I've been to a couple and they were, surprisingly to me, a good time. It's really good basketball and they take it pretty serious. I was kind of expecting to see a pick up game style, only because I am naive. But it was fun to watch and they go at it.

I was hoping that one of them would go the Jeff Jones route and make a statement by declaring early for the Gophers and asking others to do the same.

I would love to know how they do these favorites and darkhorses. I guess a lot has happened in a week depending on who you ask at ESPN.

ESPN #BlueChipBattles

Rashad Vaughn | @ShowtimeMr | Junior
Minneapolis (Minn.) Robbinsdale Cooper | SG | 6-6/200 | ESPN 60 Rank: No. 9

Previous BlueChipBattles rank: No. 5

Who wants him? UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Florida, Baylor, Minnesota, Georgetown, Iowa State, among others

Front-runners: UNC, Kentucky and Florida

Dark horse: Minnesota and Iowa State

@ReggieRankin with the buzz: The Tar Heels have been in hot pursuit of the nation's top-rated junior SG, but so too have the hometown Golden Gophers and new coach Richard Pitino. In recent weeks, coaches from Kentucky and Iowa State have had a huge presence at Vaughn's AAU games as well. It doesn't look like Minnesota or Iowa State will go away quietly despite being in an uphill battle against several perennial top 25 clubs.

Here's what Vaughn had to say about the schools that have stood out to him most thus far this spring.

"North Carolina, Kentucky and Iowa State are (the schools) I have noticed the most at the games," Vaughn said. "Especially North Carolina. I am looking to maybe narrow my list before the (July Nike) Peach Jam."

Nice work, Mister. I always appreciate your commentary both here and on the football board. You add a lot, so keep it coming please.

He said UNC, UK and Iowa state. NOTHING about the Gophers. Pitino was getting my hopes up, but it's just like that hot girl who goes on the first date with me. After she finds out I make 20k a year, she's off to look for millionaires again.

Sorry if I seem negative, I'm losing faith.

?
He said UNC, UK and Iowa state. NOTHING about the Gophers. Pitino was getting my hopes up, but it's just like that hot girl who goes on the first date with me. After she finds out I make 20k a year, she's off to look for millionaires again.

He just said he noticed them the most at games; nothing about his interest in the teams. Relax man.

I would love to know how they do these favorites and darkhorses. I guess a lot has happened in a week depending on who you ask at ESPN.

They do like everyone else does: they pull a topic out of a box with 400 slips of paper, and spend all day babbling about that. They know no more than our average GopherHoler.

He said UNC, UK and Iowa State have been at his games the most. I might be wrong, but I believe coaches are only allowed to visit/watch games of a recruit something like 8-14 times per year. Pitino has been using those to visit Vaughn rather than watch his games. That's probably a good thing; our location is a luxury most other schools don't have.

No, a coach can watch as many games for a recruit as possible during the live periods. There are periods when the coaches aren't allowed to come and watch, such as this past weekend. But outside of those periods, the coach can go to as many games and I think also visit the recruit at his school as much as possible.

No, a coach can watch as many games for a recruit as possible during the live periods. There are periods when the coaches aren't allowed to come and watch, such as this past weekend. But outside of those periods, the coach can go to as many games and I think also visit the recruit at his school as much as possible.

There is a limit Pitino couldn't watch Tyus two weeks ago due to Tubby visiting him too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom