12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's enough to get me excited. Man oh man would that be awesome...the Gopher program is poised to turn a corner, and if those two commit to the Gophers...who knows man.

Well, we can hope. It would be even better if something like this were to happen this summer..giving Pitino time to sell the recruiting coup to other future team mates.

Well, we can hope. It would be even better if something like this were to happen this summer..giving Pitino time to sell the recruiting coup to other future team mates.

I'll buy some hope this time of year. I mean I am a Gopher fan, so in the back of head I fully acknowledge that this is all going to end horribly, but I'll buy that hope for now. In fact, I'll double down on it.

I'll buy some hope this time of year. I mean I am a Gopher fan, so in the back of head I fully acknowledge that this is all going to end horribly, but I'll buy that hope for now. In fact, I'll double down on it.

And when we inevitably fail, I'll pretend to be almost as excited by whichever three star recruit we sign.

Prove me wrong, Richard.

That's enough to get me excited. Man oh man would that be awesome...the Gopher program is poised to turn a corner, and if those two commit to the Gophers...who knows man.

Couldn't agree more! I can't wait for next year to see who Rich can land!

Yea that would be just incredible. The last time I was this excited about the future of this program was right before White got convicted of stealing pants at the Mall of America. The fact that UNC is in hot water only helps us too.

This is too much optimism for me to handle. I'm a Minnesota sports fan; I should know better.

I believe the easiest way to "ease the blow when the Gophers lose out on Jones" is to recognize that Jones is gone for the gophers now. That way you can concentrate on more attainable prospects.

The way Vaughn is drawing attention, he might be advancing beyond the reach of this first year program as well. Don't like it, but........

I believe the easiest way to "ease the blow when the Gophers lose out on Jones" is to recognize that Jones is gone for the gophers now. That way you can concentrate on more attainable prospects.

The way Vaughn is drawing attention, he might be advancing beyond the reach of this first year program as well. Don't like it, but........

I'm just not sure that is the case. We are a Big Ten program and Vaughn has a lot of talent. He can showcase that on this team and be an immediate starter. If we get Perkins, Travis, and Vaughn, combined with Andre (assuming he doesn't enter the draft after next year), that could be a potential Big Ten title contending team. That's a lot of ifs...but it sounds like Vaughn and Perkins are thinking about playing together. Both are considering us still.

Vaughn can pretty much already go wherever he wants and start.

@gophersnow: #Gophers 2014 targets Reid Travis and Rashad Vaughn will be representing MN in the @Top100Camp today through Sat at the Univ. of Virginia.

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rashad Vaughn won't be at NBPA Camp this week. He's visiting Findlay Prep. Saw La Lumiere last week.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDanielsFOX/statuses/344600253175066624">June 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rashad Vaughn won't be at NBPA Camp this week. He's visiting Findlay Prep. Saw La Lumiere last week.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDanielsFOX/statuses/344600253175066624">June 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to several tweets, Isaiah Whitehead has apparently played very, very well at the NBPA Camp.

D1 Circuit: Who is the EYBL's Offensive Player of the Year?

Here's a look at six of the best offensive studs in the 2013 Elite Youth Basketball League and in the running for the D1 Circuit Offensive Player of the Year award. Take some time to marvel at their achievements and then take your pick in the poll to the right to help decide who will be the winner. Voting ends at 4 p.m. (EDT) Tuesday, June 18th.

SG | Rashad Vaughn (2014) | Playground Elite
19.4 PPG, 43.2 FG%, 64.9 FT%, 32.7 3PT%, 2.9 APG, 349 PTS
It’s a little amazing to think that this is Rashad Vaughn’s first year playing in the EYBL. Vaughn has a knack to slow down the game and play at a whole different level than everyone else. Vaughn has an arsenal of perimeter moves that helped him score 19.4 points per game this season. He can put it on the deck and drive to the rim or even dish off when needed. When that doesn't work he can rise above nearly any defenders’ fingers with one of the sweetest jumpers you can imagine. In the end, it’s almost always the same result when Vaughn’s running the show on offense.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/264828?referrer_id=790853

Go Gophers!!

@darrenwolfson: Apologies if this out (I'm in-and-out all week): Per Rashad Vaughn's dad, Troy, Rashad is officially leaving Cooper HS for a prep school.

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully this leads to a Vaughn/Perkins package to Minnesota.

Yes, now we are hopefully waiting to hear Rashad choose Huntington Prep over Findlay Prep so then he and Perkins will develop some chemistry and hopefully want to play together in college (either Minnesota or UCLA)

"At this time the Vaughn Family has decided for Rashad not to return to Cooper High School for his Senior year," Vaughn wrote in an email.

"This decision was actually made last year when we felt to get the best out of Rashad, we might need to consider a Prep school. We also think that would be good far as academics and to play basketball at a higher level on a daily basis."

Per ESPN 1500: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...aughn_wont_return_to_Cooper_father_says061713

VAUGHN TO PREP SCHOOL

According to Marcs Fuller of the Pioneer Press "Gophers recruiting target Rashad Vaughn decided with his family to attend a prep school and not finish his senior year at Robbinsdale Cooper High School, Vaughn's mentor, Pete Kaffey, told the Pioneer Press on Monday.

Vaughn, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound shooting guard, is ranked No. 6 in his class nationally by Rivals.com and No. 11 by ESPN.com. He was one of the "Big Three" prospects in Minnesota's 2014 class that also includes Apple Valley's Tyus Jones and DeLaSalle's Reid Travis."

To me all of the three top recruits in the class of 2014 Tyus Jones, Reid Travis and Rashad Vaughn, to me Vaughn is a good player. Don't give get me wrong. I think that all of these players are very good player.

What I think that Travis and Jones have in common are they both play on the same AAU team with the Howard Pulley Panthers. Vaughn decided to play the 2013 summer circuit away from both Jones and Travis. I think that he did that because he wanted to distance himself from the other two.

It will be inserting to see where Vaughn attends prep school at. We will be hearing a lot more about these three players in the near future. They all three have very good futures ahead of them.

Why would he go to prep school? Why would he want or even need to distance himself from the other two? Maybe I just don't understand the importance of a prep school.

Why would he go to prep school? Why would he want or even need to distance himself from the other two? Maybe I just don't understand he importance of a prep school.
He wants to win Mr Basketball.

Why would he go to prep school? Why would he want or even need to distance himself from the other two? Maybe I just don't understand the importance of a prep school.

Cooper plays against a lot of teams that are just really, really bad and he wants to play against better competition on a regular basis so he can be more prepared for the next level and beyond. He really wasn't getting much out of playing against the team's he was playing while at Cooper. I'm really disappointed he's leaving though.

Cooper plays against a lot of teams that are just really, really bad and he wants to play against better competition on a regular basis so he can be more prepared for the next level and beyond. He really wasn't getting much out of playing against the team's he was playing while at Cooper. I'm really disappointed he's leaving though.

And to add on, he was getting much out of playing with his own team. He really had no talent, and he was looked on to do pretty much everything. Prep school should lessen the jump to college ball for him.

I don't buy it, Benilde and Spring Lake Park have been very good the last couple of years, Totino and Columbia Heights have been decent, there are probably some weaker teams but you don't have to play a great team every week. I can see teamates being an issue, more likely somebody got inside his head.

I had my hair cut saturday by a dude who says he played AAU against Vaughn. "No way he's going to the U. He'll go to Kentucky"

I proceeded to punch him in the face several times. just kidding :D

I had my hair cut saturday by a dude who says he played AAU against Vaughn. "No way he's going to the U. He'll go to Kentucky"

I proceeded to punch him in the face several times. just kidding :D

I heard from people who knew Royce and Rodney personally that those two would not come to the U. They did. Sometimes even friends aren't in the know.

I don't buy it, Benilde and Spring Lake Park have been very good the last couple of years, Totino and Columbia Heights have been decent, there are probably some weaker teams but you don't have to play a great team every week. I can see teamates being an issue, more likely somebody got inside his head.

I don't watch many other teams play other than the ones with big-time players, but Totino was not a decent team. Teams like Totino Grace do absolutely nothing to help him or even a low-level D1 player prepare for the next level. Those are the types of teams that get you in bad habits and make it harder to transition to the next level. His own team was also really bad. There was no one on his team who could match up with him in practice and even somewhat challenge him. Not even a little bit. Like I said, I wish he wasn't transferring, but I can understand why he did.

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend anyone and I apologize if I'm coming off like a d!ck. I'm just trying to be honest.

The pessimist in me says among other on court reasons for leaving, that Vaughn didn't want to deal with local hostile crowds. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom