12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince Taylor has a great relationship with Pulley. Since 2009 who did Pulley steer away from the U? Pulley doesn't send kids anywhere. They put kids on the best possible stage (EYBL) to showcase their players talents. I seriously doubt anyone on the Pulley coaching staff are telling players not to go to the U. Reid plays for Pulley on all I here is positive things about his recruitment to the U. I'm almost tempted to say the criticism of Rene Pulley is racial. I guarantee that no other AAU program in MN has had more players attend the U then the Howard Pulley Panthers.

And whoever is waiting for Pulley's demise. There's only 1 circuit, EYBL. It was just in the Pulley facility in case you missed it. Adidas, UA, are cosmetic. The best play play with the best, against the best. So if these other programs are suppose to be taking over it's a thing for the future of MN basketball.

And whoever is waiting for Pulley's demise. There's only 1 circuit, EYBL. It was just in the Pulley facility in case you missed it. Adidas, UA, are cosmetic. The best play play with the best, against the best. So if these other programs are suppose to be taking over it's a thing for the future of MN basketball.

Adidas is cosmetic? A ton of top players have come out of there too. D1-Minnesota has a lot of talent and good coaches too, so lets not pretend Pulley & EYBL are the only show in town.

If that is at the U, then he would be more than happy to send them there.

Juicer- Send them there?

Vince Taylor has a great relationship with Pulley. Since 2009 who did Pulley steer away from the U? Pulley doesn't send kids anywhere. They put kids on the best possible stage (EYBL) to showcase their players talents. I seriously doubt anyone on the Pulley coaching staff are telling players not to go to the U. Reid plays for Pulley on all I here is positive things about his recruitment to the U. I'm almost tempted to say the criticism of Rene Pulley is racial. I guarantee that no other AAU program in MN has had more players attend the U then the Howard Pulley Panthers.

It's not racial at all, it's the fact he's seemed to make many public insults towards the U and it's players and coaches in the past and again recently saying the players weren't that good.

Honestly had no idea he was black until this thread and have always had a negative opinion of him due to the way he speaks about the U to the media.

Amelia Q&A on Vaughn:

Do you think that Theo Pinston going to the Tar Heels crosses them off Vaughns list? They now have a top SG & SF for 2014.

@RomiDaMan

He’s publicly said no, that doesn’t matter, but while that might not be a deal-breaker immediately, it will probably factor into his final decision. Poor Tar Heels, amirite?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/209569321.html

Go Gophers!!

Juicer- Send them there?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are talking about. He would be more than happy to have his Pulley players go to the U.

RP looks for the very best situation for any of his guys.from the high end guys to D3. Just like a college student that has options for all over the country,so do athletes,even more so. I for one was elated when our kids picked schools out of state. I really think kids benefit a great deal when they get the chance to go away from home for school.
So Pulley rather than high School coach looks for a good situation for a kid. You would think a good High School coach would do more to help a kid on and off the court than a summer traveling team coach.Your elated when kids go away to school? Guess your opinion of the Twin Cities is pretty low. Seems to me just leaving home and going to college should benefit a kid a great deal even if college is twenty miles down the road. RP as you call him is an AAU guy. I'm sure he runs a decent program and is another resource for kids..But he's not a teacher, parent or even a high school coach.

This pic is from the same guy who reported that Shaka was in Minnesota to take the gopher job.

That Vaughn pic was obviously photoshopped. Now the pics of Shaka at the Vue and on the log ride? Definitely real.

There's a post on the ISU board from a UNC "insider" stating that there are rumblings from UNC insiders that Vaughn is a lean to ISU. He used to think he was UNC's to lose.

I must say that this may all be completely bogus. Just passing it on.

There's a post on the ISU board from a UNC "insider" stating that there are rumblings from UNC insiders that Vaughn is a lean to ISU. He used to think he was UNC's to lose.

I must say that this may all be completely bogus. Just passing it on.

I sense some Bull$hit there... ISU over North Carolina and Minnesota? Well, even if it's true, that seems hard to believe.

We have better academics, a better athletic program, we're closer to home, we're in a better conference, etc... If he really chooses a school in Iowa over the University of Minnesota, I'll not only be confused, I'll perhaps be a bit angry. There's so many rumors flying around now that it's so hard to know what to believe. It's all just conversation to me until any recruiting news is confirmed.

I sense some Bull$hit there... ISU over North Carolina and Minnesota? Well, even if it's true, that seems hard to believe.

We have better academics, a better athletic program, we're closer to home, we're in a better conference, etc... If he really chooses a school in Iowa over the University of Minnesota, I'll not only be confused, I'll perhaps be a bit angry. There's so many rumors flying around now that it's so hard to know what to believe. It's all just conversation to me until any recruiting news is confirmed.

What factors are you using to determine that we have a better athletic program than Iowa State? Their basketball program would seem to be in a lot better shape than ours at the moment.

I actually think a high school coach. a great one, should have more say in the process then any AAU guy but in most cases that is not the world we live in. If recruiting was limited to only in season, no summer, then you would see a return to a scene of importance for high school basketball. I love the Twin Cities and the U but i have lived all over a seen first hand the opportunities else where. Any really gifted kid that has the chance to go to duke. Stanford, Harvard, UVA should strongly consider those options. What they get at a place like Duke or Stanford is extraordinary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PDcy-C3VRqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlight video from Pangos All American Camp.

Man, Vaughn could end up being the better talent between him and Tyus. He is the total package at the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an NBA All-Star/Super Star one day.

Man, Vaughn could end up being the better talent between him and Tyus. He is the total package at the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an NBA All-Star/Super Star one day.

Right on with your statement. I think how his college coach develops him, and even his NBA coach, it could turn him into a lethal scoring weapon in the NBA.

All of those are pretty damn hilarious. If we are talking basketball alone, ISU has more fans at their games, better facilities, stronger roster and a highly sought after coach that is more than just a last name.

All of those are pretty damn hilarious. If we are talking basketball alone, ISU has more fans at their games, better facilities, stronger roster and a highly sought after coach that is more than just a last name.
The tickets cost half as much and the facilities are in Iowa. Once Hoiberg leaves, the party is over. The real point remains that if you're the #1 shooting guard, your list of schools will include the elite programs and the local program. Iowa State isn't really local and they most definitely are not elite.

If Vaughn chooses Iowa State (throw up in mouth), the NCAA better open an investigation immediately.

All of those are pretty damn hilarious.

Actually, the only one even up for debate is better athletics program. Minnesota has better overall academics and plays in a better conference - those aren't even close. Minnesota has a better overall athletics program, but Iowa St. is better in the revenue sports. I would not begrudge anyone choosing Iowa St. over Minnesota to play basketball, despite what some ill-informed people here think about the relative status of the two programs.

Not true, Minnesota attendance has been about the same as Iowa State the last few years in the 13300-13600 range, facilities are worse because Minnesota doesn't have a practive facility, I would take the barn over ISU arena any day, revenue is exponentailly greater than ISU, all this even though Minnesota has been dreadfull in conference play the last three seasons, support for Minnesota basketball is one of the best in the country.

Actually, the only one even up for debate is better athletics program. Minnesota has better overall academics and plays in a better conference - those aren't even close. Minnesota has a better overall athletics program, but Iowa St. is better in the revenue sports. I would not begrudge anyone choosing Iowa St. over Minnesota to play basketball, despite what some ill-informed people here think about the relative status of the two programs.

Really??? I really question your judgement. Corn palace Jr to the south isn't even close in the revenue sports. No one chooses Iowa State over the U unless their are other motives. The Gophs are ranked as the 13 most valuable college BB program according to Forbes.

Really??? I really question your judgement. Corn palace Jr to the south isn't even close in the revenue sports. No one chooses Iowa State over the U unless their are other motives. The Gophs are ranked as the 13 most valuable college BB program according to Forbes.

Look at the results - overall for basketball, recent for football. It's not really that close, particularly in basketball, which is what we're discussing. "No one chooses Iowa State over the U" is not only a factually incorrect statement, it's also irrelevant because the two teams are very rarely in serious competition for the same recruits.

Look at the results - overall for basketball, recent for football. It's not really that close, particularly in basketball, which is what we're discussing. "No one chooses Iowa State over the U" is not only a factually incorrect statement, it's also irrelevant because the two teams are very rarely in serious competition for the same recruits.
Not that close? What alternate reality with Iowa State making it to the final four more than once since 1944 do you live in? Hoiberg was 3-13 in his first year in the big 12, and his predecessor was 15-49. They've had 2 first round picks in the last 10 years, one of them of course being Royce. When I looked up the stats to verify their attendance, the first pic of their gym came up with their 2nd level almost completely empty.
800px-Hilton_basketball.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom