12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that close? What alternate reality with Iowa State making it to the final four more than once since 1944 do you live in? Hoiberg was 3-13 in his first year in the big 12, and his predecessor was 15-49. They've had 2 first round picks in the last 10 years, one of them of course being Royce. When I looked up the stats to verify their attendance, the first pic of their gym came up with their 2nd level almost completely empty.
800px-Hilton_basketball.jpg

That picture is a decade old and probably against a D3 team in mid-December. If you're going to compare at least pick something in the last year.

Can we all agree that RV isn't going to either program and whatever he goes to he'll be a one-and-done. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket for a guy that gives you 30 games max. I'll go for a three or four year recruit anyday.

That picture is a decade old and probably against a D3 team in mid-December. If you're going to compare at least pick something in the last year.

Can we all agree that RV isn't going to either program and whatever he goes to he'll be a one-and-done. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket for a guy that gives you 30 games max. I'll go for a three or four year recruit anyday.

No, we can't. I think the Gophers have a pretty good shot at Vaughn and I don't really know about ISU but I don't consider it an impossibility.

No.

If Vaughn chooses Iowa State (throw up in mouth), the NCAA better open an investigation immediately.

YA!!!!

Anyone who chooses to play for Fred Hoiberg must be off their rockers. There's nothing special about ISU but Hoiberg is the main draw.

Matt thomas

If you're implying that Matt Thomas "chose" ISU over the Gophers, you're wrong. You are missing information about his recruiting story and probably just reading his profile and offer list from Scout or something. I'm not going to waste my breath explaining, because it's not really the point. Iowa State fans please go back to your own board, your team is irrelevant to Minnesota. Frankly you probably won't be playing in a major conference when the realignment dust settles, so enjoy it now.

research completed. It was December 17, 2007 against D1 Bethune Cookman. This picture was taken about midway through the first half according to the scoreboard when you would think you'd have most everyone in their seats that bothered to show up. Attendance was listed at 11829 in an arena that seats 14092. They must teach fuzzy math in Ames as I see a lot more than 2000 empty seats, and I doubt many watched on tv either as it was apparently only shown on something called CTN.

rashad will be the same player/ make the same impact his freshman year that tim hardaway had this year at michigan, maybe a little more versatile scorerer though and better rebounder

YA!!!!

Anyone who chooses to play for Fred Hoiberg must be off their rockers. There's nothing special about ISU but Hoiberg is the main draw.

And the main expeller as well. Lot of guys getting run from ISU to make room for transfers.

Marcus blog: Gophers recruiting: Big weekend in LA confirms Rashad Vaughn’s elite status

“I think his play (in Pangos) just solidified that he’s one of the top five players in the country,” Cooper assistant Pete Kaffey, who was with Vaughn, said. “Most of the recruiting experts there confirmed that Rashad was the best two-guard, the most complete two-guard and the most college-ready two-guard. They also said he had the most pro potential at (shooting guard).”

– Huntington Prep (W.V.) point guard Josh Perkins, who is from Denver, was another Gophers’ prime 2014 target who shined at the Pangos camp. Perkins has great size at 6-3, and his scoring ability and court vision make him a potential star at the next level. He’s supposed to be very interested in playing with Vaughn in prep school and college. It’s also been speculated that if the Gophers were to land Vaughn, then Perkins might just follow him because he’s considering Minnesota as well. That scenario is probably a long shot, but that would no doubt ease the blow when the Gophers lose out on Jones.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...d-in-la-confirms-rashad-vaughns-elite-status/

Go Gophers!!

I would LOVE to get Perkins and Vaughn. That would be simply awesome. Work your magic Pitino.

D'Angelo Russell committed to Ohio State yesterday. He's a 4 star shooting guard and the #22 overall 2014 recruit on Rivals, just a hair outside 5 star territory. I remember seeing some North Carolina fans in the ESPN comments on the Theo Pinson commitment article saying that he was one of the guys they were hoping to get if they didn't get Vaughn. Basically if Russell had committed to North Carolina, they might not be going after Vaughn anymore. Not huge news, but thought I'd post.

I was able to take this video last night at the Clash of the Classes of one of Rashad's dunks. This was probably the second best dunk he had of the night....wasn't able to capture the one where he posterized a 6'10" guy. He would definitely look good in the maroon and gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYErSBa5XQ4

Here are Rashad's two best dunks from last night. Will post a video of the event featuring more players within the next couple of days.

Here are Rashad's two best dunks from last night. Will post a video of the event featuring more players within the next couple of days.

With all the hype from last night I was expecting something way better :( still an awesome dunk though. I've been spoiled by Rodney.

With all the hype from last night I was expecting something way better :( still an awesome dunk though. I've been spoiled by Rodney.

Most of us have. If you compare other people's dunks to Rodney's, you will never be satisfied. Rodney is from another planet.

The video doesn't do them justice, they were on Rodney's level in person, the place erupted.

"@ShowtimeVaughn: What would you guys think if @ShowtimeMr teamed up with @JoshPerkins03 !?"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Retwittered by Vaughn ... apparently he has a fantweeter with a similar name...

Response to Rashad - it would be fantastic if you both decided to wear maroon and gold for the U of M!

Yes!

Though I'm scared that they are thinking UCLA.

i don't get why, other than that LA might be cool to live in and probably has some smokin hot coeds, they would pick a slow tempo coaching style that doesn't really play to their talents for their college experience. stupid

i don't get why, other than that LA might be cool to live in and probably has some smokin hot coeds, they would pick a slow tempo coaching style that doesn't really play to their talents for their college experience. stupid

We have no clue that its UCLA. They could easily be thinking Minnesota.

We have no clue that its UCLA. They could easily be thinking Minnesota.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but If Vaughn transfers to Huntington Prep he would be playing with Josh Perkins... I tweeted this a week or so ago, "@ShowtimeMr @JoshPerkins03 both you should play for Huntington next year then ball up for Minnesota the year after! #gophernation" and both Perkins & Vaughn Favorited it. Not that it means anything, but I still thought it was cool that they both read it and liked it enough to click favorite! Go Gophers!

Not sure if this has been discussed, but If Vaughn transfers to Huntington Prep he would be playing with Josh Perkins... I tweeted this a week or so ago, "@ShowtimeMr @JoshPerkins03 both you should play for Huntington next year then ball up for Minnesota the year after! #gophernation" and both Perkins & Vaughn Favorited it. Not that it means anything, but I still thought it was cool that they both read it and liked it enough to click favorite! Go Gophers!
That's good enough for an OFFICIAL TWITTER COMMITMENT!!!!!! CUE THE ROUSER!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pG81FBa6feY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's enough to get me excited. Man oh man would that be awesome...the Gopher program is poised to turn a corner, and if those two commit to the Gophers...who knows man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom