12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the the relationship with Tubby and the U is gone....good luck getting this guy.

I thought Rashad Vaughn was pretty close to Rodney Williams. Him and Tubby don't seem to be SUPER close.

@RyanJamesMN

@DarrenWolfson Playground Elite to be exact. Kamali Chambers playing there too Im told.

At least they'll be able to play against each other.........

Now that the relationship with Tubby and the U is gone....good luck getting this guy.

From my understanding, it was the loss of Vince Taylor that might have been the most lethal to our chances.

Reid Travis is playing for Pulley along with Tyus this year I believe. Did he not want to share the spotlight or something?

Why not? Cole Aldrich played on the same team as a senior to be (well he played with the fox valley skillz which merged with the milwaukee playground warriors to create wisconsin playground warriors)...

Not entirely correct. Fox Valley Skillz did merge with the Miwaukee Playground Warriors to form the Wisconsin Playground Warriors, but then a program called the Playground Elite split off from the Wisconsin Playground Warriors. Playground Elite, which is the team Rashad will play with, is a Nike EYBL team based out of Milwaukee. They get kids mostly from the Milwaukee area, with the best known alums probably being Jamil Wilson (started at Oregon and is now at Marquette) and Duane Wilson (headed to Marquette next year). The Wisconsin Playground Warriors are based (I believe) out of the Fox Valley area and get kids from throughout the state. Sam Dekker, JP Tokoto and Bronson Koenig all spent time in this program since the split from the Playground Elite, and this is the group Aldrich was with.

probably should start an AAU thread to keep track of who is where and the spring tourneys, but my thought is if Minnesota's AAU programs can't get Rashad to stay in-state, what chance does the U have?

on another note, apparently Pump n Run shifting gears with a new name and colors-- and their best player from last year playing for Howard Pulley.

any word on who else is with the Playground Elite this year? Is Kevin Looney still with the Rebels? is Diamond Stone still with his dad's program?

Playground Elite is based out of Milwaukee...so they practice in the Milwaukee area, no? I'm lost. Tell me how Vaughn will be able to play with a Milwaukee-area team. Seems silly when he could play for Pulley.

Playground Elite is based out of Milwaukee...so they practice in the Milwaukee area, no? I'm lost. Tell me how Vaughn will be able to play with a Milwaukee-area team. Seems silly when he could play for Pulley.

This isn't a high school team. Rashad would be required to go to few, if any, practices.

New comments from Vaughn:

Vaughn said he hadn’t met with any other coaches recently, but he did say that he is still considering Minnesota, the home-state school, despite the recent firing of Tubby Smith, who later took the Texas Job.

“Yeah, that’s the home tea so they will always be on my list,” Vaughn said. “The new coach is going to have a lot of work to do.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/rashad-vaughn-to-trim-list-soon/

Go Gophers!!

New comments from Vaughn:

Vaughn said he hadn’t met with any other coaches recently, but he did say that he is still considering Minnesota, the home-state school, despite the recent firing of Tubby Smith, who later took the Texas Job.

“Yeah, that’s the home tea so they will always be on my list,” Vaughn said. “The new coach is going to have a lot of work to do.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/rashad-vaughn-to-trim-list-soon/

Go Gophers!!

Vaughn is gone. Tyus is gone.

Chances Travis comes here? Probably not on the rise.

Vaughn is gone. Tyus is gone.

Chances Travis comes here? Probably not on the rise.

I think chances of getting Tyus are low unless something drastic happens. Rashad gives me the feeling that he likes to be 'the guy' which bodes well for us if true. Sources have said he has embraced the idea of being the hometown hero and his coaches have publicly stated that they want him to stay home. It will be tough to keep him from leaving, but I think we definitely have a legitimate shot. I bet Reid stays if we get Stephens. Tough to say otherwise.

Of course it looks really bad right now, we don't even have a coach, how appealing is that to a recruit? Once a hire is made, depending on who it is, then you see what the progress is with facilities, and suddenly, things might look completely different. Don't underestimate the appeal of a fresh look at the program with a new guy at the helm.

@darrenwolfson: Word has it that Richard Pitino is already recruiting hard. He spoke with, at minimum, Rashad Vaughn last night. #gophers

Go Gophers!!

Calling a top 10 prospect in your backyard is recruiting hard? I love to hear it, but come on. I would hope he's contacted a dozen kids already.

Calling a top 10 prospect in your backyard is recruiting hard? I love to hear it, but come on. I would hope he's contacted a dozen kids already.

I think people are just excited that he called the kids before he was even introduced.

@darrenwolfson: Word has it that Richard Pitino is already recruiting hard. He spoke with, at minimum, Rashad Vaughn last night. #gophers

He spoke with, at minimum, one guy...so in other words he didn't call nobody. I hope he's called, at an absolute minimum, Tyus, Vaughn, and Travis by now.

He spoke with, at minimum, one guy...so in other words he didn't call nobody. I hope he's called, at an absolute minimum, Tyus, Vaughn, and Travis by now.

Rashad Vaughn is nobody?

introductory call...sure there is more to come. I would venture to say he has already introduced himself to the big three and Ellis. Be interesting to see if he is able to convince any of them to stay.

Rashad Vaughn is nobody?

As others have pointed out didn't call nobody means he called someone. I was just pointing out that he said he's been recruiting hard based off of him having talked to "at minimum" one person (or as I put it, not nobody).

introductory call...sure there is more to come. I would venture to say he has already introduced himself to the big three and Ellis. Be interesting to see if he is able to convince any of them to stay.

I hope he's already called the big three and Ellis. At this point I think getting one of those four would be a good recruiting job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom