12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like u'r posts, so don't get pissed at me but I don't see a lot of Rodney here at all. Rodney's a 6'7" PF (In a SF's body) & all about playing above-the-rim, in transition & skying over less athletic opponents. Rodney can't take anyone off the dribble due to his lack of handle/first step, but even moreso because no one has to respect his jumper. Vaughn's a 6'4" SG slasher, with a handle & a nice jumper. Yes Vaughn can get up & dunk too but he doesn't have Rodney's raw explosiveness (who does?). Vaughn get's in deep at seemingly will, sort of swishing through traffic to get to the hole. Take a step back on D & Vaughn will start draining J's. A much more polished & all around better looking recruit imo than Rodney was.

Wow, his pull up jumper is looking good. He is essentially Rodney Williams with a jumper. Can't express how happy I'd be if he ended up in the maroon and gold.

You shouldn't be talking directly to any prospective student, including those who may be on campus but have not yet started fall semester classes.

If you told him to go to Marquette GW would be okay with it.

We have a great shot with this kid!

Rashad just finished 2nd in elite 24 3 point contest

Doogie tweet: "Rashad Vaughn won't be committing anywhere until 2013. I know his dad really wants him to take his time. #gophers"

Go Gophers!!

Jones and Vaughn wouldn't step foot on campus as students until the 2014-2015 season. Will Tubby even be the coach here 2 years from now? I guarantee you coaches at other programs are planting that seed in their heads.

The ESPN analysts broadcasting the elite 24 game said they expect Tubby Smith to build a fence around Minnesota and keep Rashad in the state.

The ESPN analysts broadcasting the elite 24 game said they expect Tubby Smith to build a fence around Minnesota and keep Rashad in the state.

Well, there you go. Sounds like a done deal to me.

Welcome abourd Rashad Vaughn!

Jones and Vaughn wouldn't step foot on campus as students until the 2014-2015 season. Will Tubby even be the coach here 2 years from now? I guarantee you coaches at other programs are planting that seed in their heads.

I think whether Tubby Smith coaches here more than 2 years here may be up to Tyus and Rashad more than anything else. If they were to say, "I am sooo excited to play for coach Smith, that's my main reason for choosing Minnesota!", Tubby is probably safe even if the Gophers fail to make the tourney in each of the next two years.

Amelia Rayno tweet: "Three recruits are unofficially visiting Minnesota this weekend: Reid Travis, Rashad Vaughn and Alex Illikainen. #Gophers"

Go Gophers!!

Well, if you say so. Unfortunately for the rest of us on GH, Art will still be here in 2 years....

Q&A: Rashad Vaughn: "I love the Gophers"

Rashad Vaughn: "I love the Gophers"
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/177558?referrer_id=331171

Rashad Vaughn, a 6-foot-5 junior guard from Robbinsdale Cooper, shined this summer and was recentlky ranked as the #12 player in the Class of 2014 by ESPN. GopherHole.com attended his open gym Sunday and caught up with Vaughn to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: You had Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith and assistant Vince Taylor along with Baylor assistant Jerome Tang attend your open gym Sunday. That has to make you feel proud that they took time out of their schedule to watch you play?

Rashad Vaughn: Yes, it made me pretty good that they both came out thereto the open gym for one day. That made me feel good.

Gopher Hole: You had a good summer and ESPN ranked you number 12 in the Class of 2014. How did you hear about that and how pleased were you with that honor?

Rashad Vaughn: My coach had texted me and told me that I was rated twelfth in the country. It is nice to be rated that high .The hard work that has paid off. It felt really good.

Gopher Hole: You were one of three Minnesota ranked high in the class of 2014. You think of other states like New York and California producing great basketball players, but obviously Minnesota with you, Reid (Travis) and Tyus (Jones) have shown that there is some good basketball up here

Rashad Vaughn: Yes, we have a really good class. Me, Reid and Tyus. We are showing the world that Minnesota has good basketball players here. I think that it is good that we have three players in the rankings.

Gopher Hole: Have you ever talked about playing at the same place?

Rashad Vaughn: No, we have never really talked about it. We have talked about what schools we like and all that, but we have really talked about playing together.

Gopher Hole: Obviously, all three of you have been offered by Minnesota. Is that appeal to you to maybe play with those two guys and play for the home state school?

Rashad Vaughn: Oh, yes. I love the Gophers. They are the home school. I think that if we all did decide to play here together, I think that would be good

Gopher Hole: What are your plans the next couple of weeks. Are you going to try to go to any college football games or visit some schools?

Rashad Vaughn: I will probably go to the Gopher game this weekend. That is about it. I am just going to be working out.

Gopher Hole: You went to Iowa State the previous weekend. What was that like?

Rashad Vaughn: It was fun, I got to go up and down with the players and watch the football game and tailgate. It was fun.

Gopher Hole: Do you gain a lot from those experience in terms of getting to know the coaching staffs and the players?

Rashad Vaughn: Yes. I got to know the coaches well. I already did. Coach (Fred) Hoiberg and Coach Matt (Abdelmassih) already have a great relationship there, so really it was to just go down there and watch the game. .

Gopher Hole: How about your relationship with the Gopher staff?

Rashad Vaughn: Yes, I have a good relationship with Coach Taylor and also with Coach Tubby Smith.

Gopher Hole: Have you even thought about when you would decide on a college? Or is that still far away?

Rashad Vaughn: It is kind of far away. I would probably say like my senior year, probably the beginning or the middle. .

Gopher Hole: What about your Cooper team. You had some guys missing from the open gym who are playing football. What are the expectations, especially now that you have a new head coach this year?

Rashad Vaughn: I think that the new coach is going to come in and change a lot of stuff around and put people in good positions. I think that we should be pretty good this year. We got some guys playing football right now, but they should come back ready and we should be pretty good this year.

Gopher Hole: You played in the Elite 24 All-Star Game in California a few weeks ago. What was that experience like?

Rashad Vaughn: It was a fun experience, being out in Caly and the Elite 24 going against all the top players in the country. We played outside, so it was fun.

Gopher Hole: To be honest, as a basketball purist, I like a little bit of defense. Is that the style of play that you like or would you have liked to see more competitive play in terms of defense?

Rashad Vaughn: I would have liked it to be more competitive, but it was just an All-Star Game before going back to school after a long summer. We were all just playing. It was fun.

Gopher Hole: How about your summer? I know you played well in Philadelphia, Milwaukee and Las Vegas. How pleased were you with how well things went this summer?

Rashad Vaughn: I think that I played pretty good. Got more offers. I think that my team did pretty good in a lot of tournaments and I played pretty good in a lot of tournaments, so I think the summer overall went pretty well.

Gopher Hole: How many offers are you up to right now? Do you still keep track?

Rashad Vaughn: No, I don’t even keep track anymore.

Gopher Hole: How many do you think it is if you had to guess?

Rashad Vaughn: Probably around 18 or 20. .

Gopher Hole: Who is recruiting you the hardest out of all those schools?

Rashad Vaughn: I would say really everybody.

Rashad Vaughn: "I love the Gophers"
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/177558?referrer_id=331171

Rashad Vaughn, a 6-foot-5 junior guard from Robbinsdale Cooper, shined this summer and was recentlky ranked as the #12 player in the Class of 2014 by ESPN. GopherHole.com attended his open gym Sunday and caught up with Vaughn to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: You had Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith and assistant Vince Taylor along with Baylor assistant Jerome Tang attend your open gym Sunday. That has to make you feel proud that they took time out of their schedule to watch you play?

Rashad Vaughn: Yes, it made me pretty good that they both came out thereto the open gym for one day. That made me feel good.

Gopher Hole: You had a good summer and ESPN ranked you number 12 in the Class of 2014. How did you hear about that and how pleased were you with that honor?

Rashad Vaughn: My coach had texted me and told me that I was rated twelfth in the country. It is nice to be rated that high .The hard work that has paid off. It felt really good.

Gopher Hole: You were one of three Minnesota ranked high in the class of 2014. You think of other states like New York and California producing great basketball players, but obviously Minnesota with you, Reid (Travis) and Tyus (Jones) have shown that there is some good basketball up here

Rashad Vaughn: Yes, we have a really good class. Me, Reid and Tyus. We are showing the world that Minnesota has good basketball players here. I think that it is good that we have three players in the rankings.

Gopher Hole: Have you ever talked about playing at the same place?

Rashad Vaughn: No, we have never really talked about it. We have talked about what schools we like and all that, but we have really talked about playing together.

Gopher Hole: Obviously, all three of you have been offered by Minnesota. Is that appeal to you to maybe play with those two guys and play for the home state school?

Rashad Vaughn: Oh, yes. I love the Gophers. They are the home school. I think that if we all did decide to play here together, I think that would be good

Gopher Hole: What are your plans the next couple of weeks. Are you going to try to go to any college football games or visit some schools?

Rashad Vaughn: I will probably go to the Gopher game this weekend. That is about it. I am just going to be working out.

Gopher Hole: You went to Iowa State the previous weekend. What was that like?

Rashad Vaughn: It was fun, I got to go up and down with the players and watch the football game and tailgate. It was fun.

Gopher Hole: Do you gain a lot from those experience in terms of getting to know the coaching staffs and the players?

Rashad Vaughn: Yes. I got to know the coaches well. I already did. Coach (Fred) Hoiberg and Coach Matt (Abdelmassih) already have a great relationship there, so really it was to just go down there and watch the game. .

Gopher Hole: How about your relationship with the Gopher staff?

Rashad Vaughn: Yes, I have a good relationship with Coach Taylor and also with Coach Tubby Smith.

Gopher Hole: Have you even thought about when you would decide on a college? Or is that still far away?

Rashad Vaughn: It is kind of far away. I would probably say like my senior year, probably the beginning or the middle. .

Gopher Hole: What about your Cooper team. You had some guys missing from the open gym who are playing football. What are the expectations, especially now that you have a new head coach this year?

Rashad Vaughn: I think that the new coach is going to come in and change a lot of stuff around and put people in good positions. I think that we should be pretty good this year. We got some guys playing football right now, but they should come back ready and we should be pretty good this year.

Gopher Hole: You played in the Elite 24 All-Star Game in California a few weeks ago. What was that experience like?

Rashad Vaughn: It was a fun experience, being out in Caly and the Elite 24 going against all the top players in the country. We played outside, so it was fun.

Gopher Hole: To be honest, as a basketball purist, I like a little bit of defense. Is that the style of play that you like or would you have liked to see more competitive play in terms of defense?

Rashad Vaughn: I would have liked it to be more competitive, but it was just an All-Star Game before going back to school after a long summer. We were all just playing. It was fun.

Gopher Hole: How about your summer? I know you played well in Philadelphia, Milwaukee and Las Vegas. How pleased were you with how well things went this summer?

Rashad Vaughn: I think that I played pretty good. Got more offers. I think that my team did pretty good in a lot of tournaments and I played pretty good in a lot of tournaments, so I think the summer overall went pretty well.

Gopher Hole: How many offers are you up to right now? Do you still keep track?

Rashad Vaughn: No, I don’t even keep track anymore.

Gopher Hole: How many do you think it is if you had to guess?

Rashad Vaughn: Probably around 18 or 20. .

Gopher Hole: Who is recruiting you the hardest out of all those schools?

Rashad Vaughn: I would say really everybody.

Couldn't agree more :)

Here's to a big season to give them something to think about

Great read. I have a pretty good feeling that we end up with Rashad and Reid. Tyus not so much, but you never know if Rashad and Reid commit prior to signing day it could convince Tyus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw that Rashad and Reid will be at the bank tomorrow for the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw that Rashad and Reid will be at the bank tomorrow for the game.

I believe that is correct and Tyus will be there too if I recall accurately.

Last I heard, Reid, Rashad and Henry Ellenson will be in attendance tomorrow. Alex was supposed to, but he is no longer planning on attending, I don't think Tyus was ever going to be in attendance at the game tomorrow.

Per Chris' interview above:

Go Gophers!!

Last I heard, Reid, Rashad and Henry Ellenson will be in attendance tomorrow. Alex was supposed to, but he is no longer planning on attending, I don't think Tyus was ever going to be in attendance at the game tomorrow.

Per Chris' interview above:

Go Gophers!!

All of the above is correct. Tyus will not be at the game but you can add Jarvis Johnson to unofficial visitors.

I believe this has been stated before, but Tyus is planning on going to the Syracuse and the rumor is Tyus is trying to get Okafor to take the visit with him.

All of the above is correct. Tyus will not be at the game but you can add Jarvis Johnson to unofficial visitors.

I believe this has been stated before, but Tyus is planning on going to the Syracuse and the rumor is Tyus is trying to get Okafor to take the visit with him.

And Alex Illikein

Doogie tweet: "In next week for Rashad Vaughn: Roy Williams Mon., Illinois coach John Groce and possibly Pitino (definitely some Louisville coach)."

Go Gophers!!

I sit on the aisle that leads down to the field. And I think I can spot Rashad and Reid if they walk down our aisle. I have 12 hours to think of something to say...

Rashad has been re-tweeting a lot of tweets about playing for Minnesota. A lot of them also mention Tyus.

He needs to stay home and play for his home state. He can make a difference!

I saw Rashad at the football game with Coach Taylor and Coach Smith. Shout out to the student section for the "We want Rashad!" sign.

Doogie tweet: "Spoke w/ Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) for a while. Taking an official visit to #Gophers? "Probably not. I can just go down there (whenever)."

Go Gophers!!

Tweet from ISURecruitLists: "2014 Rashad Vaughn will have Wisconsin watching tonight; Kentucky & Louisville on Friday via @NYcoach"

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom