Wisconsin targeting Luke Fickell

If Leonhard leaves I think this is a mistake by Wisconsin. If Leonhard stays it’s a step up from Chryst. If Leonhard leaves I predict he’ll be the head coach at WI within 7 years. I think Wisky made a mistake, a big mistake if Leonhard leaves.
I think if Leonhard leaves, he’ll never coach at Wisconsin again.

Oh, you thought that was a point that needed to be made?

Yep, we got it.
You’re real sensitive
Will it make you feel better to take more shots at a grown man’s appearance or call him a girl? I can listen if you need somebody to talk to

Fickell will pull some of his better Cincinnati recruits with him. Just a question of which ones.

You’re real sensitive
Will it make you feel better to take more shots at a grown man’s appearance or call him a girl? I can listen if you need somebody to talk to
Look at this little hissy fit you're having because I thought it was obvious that Northwestern and Ohio State are held to different standards. That little exchange we had really touched a nerve.

It's ok buddy, breathe. We all want to hear some more of your hot takes like "water is wet" and "ice is cold".

Look at this little hissy fit you're having because I thought it was obvious that Northwestern and Ohio State are held to different standards. That little exchange we had really touched a nerve.

It's ok buddy, breathe. We all want to hear some more of your hot takes like "water is wet" and "ice is cold".
🤡
Lol and you call others thin skinned

You gonna be okay little buddy?

🤡
Lol and you call others thin skinned

You gonna be okay little buddy?
Your feelings got hurt because I poked fun at your take on Ohio State vs. Northwestern and so you brought up a previous thing we disagreed on. I didn't even remember you were the same person I disagreed with this morning until you brought it up.

Bringing up old fights where I hurt your feelings is chick shit. Take the L on that one and let it go.

Your feelings got hurt because I poked fun at your take on Ohio State vs. Northwestern and so you brought up a previous thing we disagreed on. I didn't even remember you were the same person I disagreed with this morning until you brought it up.

Bringing up old fights where I hurt your feelings is chick shit. Take the L on that one and let it go.
Yes. You are right. I am chicken. You are mature! Good job! 🤡

I didn’t bring up different things we disagreed on. I never gave you my stance on cosmetic surgery or belittling people by referring to them as middle school girls. That wasn’t a disagreement. That was just one of my hot take observations

It was me who made a comment on a message board and then took it really serious lol

I didn't say you are a chicken. I said you are acting like a chick.

Swing and a miss again huh bud?
correct swing and miss by me. I look dumb and girly….or excuse me… im
Like a chick

You look smart and tough! 😘

I love that the Madison media has to confirm the hiring with the Godfather, not the AD, even though he left the athletic department a year ago. That, and McIntosh’s call to him to kiss the ring, tells you everything still runs through Alvarez.

I love that the Madison media has to confirm the hiring with the Godfather, not the AD, even though he left the athletic department a year ago. That, and McIntosh’s call to him to kiss the ring, tells you everything still runs through Alvarez.

It’s why the Utah state guy Gary Anderson

But they might’ve dodged a bullet by having him leave when he did.
Hopefully it bites wisconsin this time more than last time

No way he does

THEY DONT RUN THE SAME TYPE OF DEFENSE
Different offense. Different defense. Very culturally different type of Head Coach. Has all his own recruiting inroads and will probably want staff he is familiar with (not UW people).

This has been the most consistent program in the country for the last three decades. In the last 18 hours the AD had decided to throw it all in the trash and start over.

I think there are a lot of reasons to leave before the program hits the big 12
See Gary Patterson at TCU once they left a mid major to become a major.
I mean he won the Big 12, had a winning conference record and finish in the top ten in the country three times in a ten year span. Think they were just fine for most of his ten years in that league.

I mean he won the Big 12, had a winning conference record and finish in the top ten in the country three times in a ten year span. Think they were just fine for most of his ten years in that league.
Correct. But he also lost 6 or more games 5 times in the 9 seasons he wasn’t fired in, ultimately leading to his firing.

A reason for taking the Wisconsin game now is because it’s harder to win 9+ every year in the big 12 and the offers might not come.

I bet he explores some NFL DC opportunities.
He turned down the Green Bay job after last season and after watching last night's game, he may not want to walk into that defensive mess. He'd be tempted to suit up.

Seeing the one "Madison unrest" tweet reminds me of when Holtz left and Giel pursued Bobby Ross. Ross met with some of the players and several basically said they wanted to play for Gutekunst (shorthand on my part) and Ross didn't take the job. Looks like that won't deter Fickell.

The players do not get to choose the coach.
Having NIL may have given them some delusions of grandeur but there is no denying Fickell has to acknowledge their anger and reassure them.
An analogy of why the WI AD did what he did is if you were told that you had a very serious but treatable condition and there were two physicians that he could refer you to.
One is a very smart young physician who has excelled in every situation but has not yet treated an illness like yours.
The other is an older physician who has successfully treated the disease multiple times.
Which physician would you choose?

The players do not get to choose the coach.
Having NIL may have given them some delusions of grandeur but there is no denying Fickell has to acknowledge their anger and reassure them.
An analogy of why the WI AD did what he did is if you were told that you had a very serious but treatable condition and there were two physicians that he could refer you to.
One is a very smart young physician who has excelled in every situation but has not yet treated an illness like yours.
The other is an older physician who has successfully treated the disease multiple times.
Which physician would you choose?
Albeit, at a lesser hospital where screw ups go more unnoticed and the patients are too poor to do anything about the older physicians mistakes. Thus, many in the industry assume he is a better physician than he likely is. Now at his new hosptial with better facilities, more eyes on him, and doctors who are just as good, there is more pressure on him to perform at his perceived levels of greatness. However, he is likely to be proven an average to maybe slightly above average physician at his new gig and the unknown physician you passed up goes on to become world renowned and never thinks twice about coming back to your shitty hospital until you remove the idiot at the top who brought in the older physician.

Fun analogy.

He probably won’t, but don’t be surprised if Fickell try’s to keep Leonhard. Leonhard is a smart guy and could coach any type of defense.
C'mon, give it up. For a multitude of reasons there is absolutely no way that is happening.

Top Bottom