Wisconsin targeting Luke Fickell

If the decision was up to you, would have have picked Jimmy or Luke?
Would have said jimmy originally but based on what I’m seeing and hearing this new guy is supposed to be a big deal and was with Ohio state and as much as I dislike them they win. Wisconsin always seems to have a good defense so I’m cool with an offense hire. But I was all over Jimmy originally. Didn’t even know this guy existed. Sounds like a political answer but I’m ok with the hire and also feel bad for jimmy.

Badgers lose top commitment. He's Note Dame's 2nd lowest rated recruit.

It didn't hurt attendance that it was the first home game after nude pictures of the majority of the team were leaked out. Not saying it is morally right, but that is part of the sellout.
What?

Would have said jimmy originally but based on what I’m seeing and hearing this new guy is supposed to be a big deal and was with Ohio state and as much as I dislike them they win. Wisconsin always seems to have a good defense so I’m cool with an offense hire. But I was all over Jimmy originally. Didn’t even know this guy existed. Sounds like a political answer but I’m ok with the hire and also feel bad for jimmy.
Fickell is a defensive guy

This seems like a John Gutekunst/Bobby Ross situation and they chose Bobby Ross. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If Leonhard leaves I think this is a mistake by Wisconsin. If Leonhard stays it’s a step up from Chryst. If Leonhard leaves I predict he’ll be the head coach at WI within 7 years. I think Wisky made a mistake, a big mistake if Leonhard leaves.
Why would he stay?

Day might also go to the NFL.
I think enough NFL teams have seen that flop to avoid trying to hire a college guy for a few years. It almost never works.

If the decision was up to you, would have have picked Jimmy or Luke?
Tough question. Probably Luke, since he has an excellent track record, and he's a pretty flashy hire. But we have no idea what the negotiations were, how interviews went, did Jimmy even get a chance to interview, or what he was or wasn't told? The whole situation seems weird.

I think enough NFL teams have seen that flop to avoid trying to hire a college guy for a few years. It almost never works.
Possibly, but it only takes 1 Owner/GM to make the right (enticing) job offer.

Usually it fails because the QB situation is a mess wherever College coaches go. It fails for anyone usually in that situation.

Big college football fan, eh?

Yeah but i pretty much just follow the big 10. Watch all the gopher and badger games. I don’t really follow coaches from small conferences we don’t play. I only knew of pj because they had played the badgers in the bowl game many years back.

With a "Live in the now" moniker maybe was aware of Fickell in 2021, but 2022 not so much (until "now" or at least yesterday).

With a "Live in the now" moniker maybe was aware of Fickell in 2021, but 2022 not so much (until "now" or at least yesterday).
I just don’t pay attention to the coaches I guess. I know Cincy had a nice run in 21 but I couldn’t name one player on the team or the coach apparently. I just like to watch the games. Half the time I listen to them especially early in the season when we are still racing. It amazes me how much some dudes know about sports. They remember everything

I just don’t pay attention to the coaches I guess. I know Cincy had a nice run in 21 but I couldn’t name one player on the team or the coach apparently. I just like to watch the games. Half the time I listen to them especially early in the season when we are still racing. It amazes me how much some dudes know about sports. They remember everything
Not a criticism. Out of site, out of mind. He was the hot candidate last year and stuck around Cincy because he wanted to see it through their playoff game.

This year just a solid season, easy to not remember how high his stock was last year.

Not a criticism. Out of site, out of mind. He was the hot candidate last year and stuck around Cincy because he wanted to see it through their playoff game.

This year just a solid season, easy to not remember how high his stock was last year.
Yeah everything I know about the guy I’ve read in the last 24 hours. That’s why I assumed he was an offensive guy because most of the praise I was seeing from badger fans is his ability to put up points and bring an offensive scheme in that works in the modern college game. Perhaps he is just good at finding a solid coordinator. Time will tell

I can’t see it happening but if you love the program enough you’re ok getting screwed over.

I think we know who Fickell's agent has a connection with in the media. Barely heard Thamel report anything until all of this Fickell info.

8mil per year is a pretty good bump up from 5mil. That's serious money and they're stepping up to the plate.
They probably could have gotten JL for significantly less.
I wonder what the buyout is?

S
8mil per year is a pretty good bump up from 5mil. That's serious money and they're stepping up to the plate.
They probably could have gotten JL for significantly less.
I wonder what the buyout is?
Source? I heard $6 million.

Top Bottom