Will the Gophers make the NCAA Tournament?

Will the Gophers make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes, and they deserve it

Votes: 41 38.7%
  • Yes, but they don't deserve it

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • No, they'll be screwed

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • No, they don't deserve it

Votes: 22 20.8%

• Total voters

Yes, and they do deserve it based on their resume. Are they playing like a tourney team right now? Of course not, but plenty of tourney teams suck it up leading into it. Doesn't mean they didn't earn their spot.

I don't understand the deserve/don't deserve thing. If they make it, they deserve it.

we are in and we deserved it but we are not winning a game. We'll be an 11 seed playing a 6 and we'll get crushed.

Yes, and they deserve it. When they play good, they can beat great teams. When they play like they did in the first half of this game, we can lose to anyone. Despite that fact, the RPI, SOS, and key wins will put them in at anywhere from 10-12.

Yes, and they do deserve it based on their resume. Are they playing like a tourney team right now? Of course not, but plenty of tourney teams suck it up leading into it. Doesn't mean they didn't earn their spot.

They have sucked it up for 60 days. It isn't like they just lost a couple down the stretch.

If it was based on the last half of the season, then no, they wouldn't deserve it, but since it's about the whole season I do not believe you can make an argument that they don't deserve to be into the tourney. Look at our resume compared to some teams that are bubble teams. If we didn't get in, I'd be upset and feel wronged, despite the collapse.

Yes, they'll make it and hope will spring anew for a run in the NCAA tournament.

I am having a hard time understanding what the hell happened this season. Come out 15-1 ranked as high as #8 and *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# can the rest of the way. I understand a lot of of ppl blame Tubby but at some point the players HAVE to be HELD accountable! I guess it is not a good thing when you have 2 players as senior leaders in Rodney and Trevor. I really used to think this team could make a nice run in the tourney but I am starting to rethink that theory. They are a dangerous 11 to 10 seed against anybody.

I think they could be anywhere from a 8 - 10 seed.

They will make it based on their whole body of work but from what we have seen over the last 2 months this team will be one and done in the NCAA.

The committee has a chance to make a statement about poor play entering into the tourney being a factor. In year's past they have said its the "body of work" but how can they in good conscience reward a team for going 5-11 in their last 16? I would rather watch the kids at North Dakota State get a chance or the kids at Middle Tenn St.

Teague should Fire Tubby Monday and announce that the Gophers won't be accepting any post season invitation while the search begins for a successor.

The committee has a chance to make a statement about poor play entering into the tourney being a factor. In year's past they have said its the "body of work" but how can they in good conscience reward a team for going 5-11 in their last 16? I would rather watch the kids at North Dakota State get a chance or the kids at Middle Tenn St.

Teague should Fire Tubby Monday and announce that the Gophers won't be accepting any post season invitation while the search begins for a successor.

How have you not been banned yet? Yeah once Tubby is fired maybe Moses87 will be able to post again........oh wait

Yeah. That would be so fair to the players, especially the seniors.

Any they have specifically stated that play during the last 10 games is not a factor, so why would they decide that now it is?

Enough, we are on to your bit. I really don't think anyone could be as stupid as you sound.

They will get in, but in no way do they deserve it. 5-11 since the 3-0 B1G start. Iowa derserves it far more than we do.

Enough, we are on to your bit. I really don't think anyone could be as stupid as you sound.

His bit has been easy to spot for a while. Where have you been? He thinks a team with a similar record with few quality wins or many bad losses should be in over us because he doesn't have a clue how the selection process works.

well if its gonna be based on how you play down the stretch, then why not somehow throw some cupcakes in down the stretch (i know it doesn't work this way) so your record is padded. simple wins and losses don't sum up how you're doing well.

Okay...sure. By way of the committee selecting them over other teams, then by DEFINITION they are 'deserving'. They have enough good wins and very high SOS to merit a bid. But let's be real -- all of us Gopher fans know that there is no point to go. All else bubble watch equal, we're an #11 seed who gets thumped. Besides, we fare better in the NIT anyways #historyofsuccess #gamesinthebarn (assuming a high NIT seed).

They will get in, but in no way do they deserve it. 5-11 since the 3-0 B1G start. Iowa derserves it far more than we do.

i feel as though iowa is going to play their way in.

They will make it because they are one of the 34 best at-larges. You folks saying 'we don't deserve it' would only have a 48-team field if you applied the same standards to everyone else. So much self-hate.

They will get in. Probably a 10 seed. Which is better than an 8 or 9 seed anyway. Win the first game and see what happens. I think we would be better off as a 12 seed anyway, if you wi. You can avoid a 1 or 2 seed in second round.

They will make it because they are one of the 34 best at-larges. You folks saying 'we don't deserve it' would only have a 48-team field if you applied the same standards to everyone else. So much self-hate.

This team has proven that they can play with much better teams and even beat them. No reason for "fans" to overreact .

I know this doesn't work into the math but I think it was key that we just didn't go out and get clobbered. Getting beat by the buzzer beater probably has a little better feel to the selection committee if there was any doubt.

well if its gonna be based on how you play down the stretch, then why not somehow throw some cupcakes in down the stretch (i know it doesn't work this way) so your record is padded. simple wins and losses don't sum up how you're doing well.

You mean like Nebraska(10th place) or Purdon't(7th) or Illini(8th)????

No. The top 4 seeds (Ind, MSU, Wis & OSU) are in. Mich is in if they win 1. Illl deserves to be the # 6 B1G team having taken the rubber game from Mn in the tourney. Does the NCAA give the B1G 7 teams, I doubt it.

Top Bottom