Who do you have as your Gameday guest picker?

Maybe 25 years ago but Lesnar is the best one now

View attachment 6630
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!! Pride of Virginia, MN and some other guy!

This!

That other guy is Dave Hanson who took the role when Jack was called up. Hanson was born in Cumberland, WI but grew up in Saint Paul where he eventually starred in football, baseball and hockey at Humboldt.

My guess is it’s Eric Decker based on this Instagram post

This Instagram post

Attachments

• E638E24B-67E6-463E-A99B-5353F10510C4.jpeg
    E638E24B-67E6-463E-A99B-5353F10510C4.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 98

These are all great "Boomer" pop culture icons, but most Millennial/College Agers have no idea who they are. I think Lesnar would be great (current WWE Champ) or even the Deckers, but if they go back much further, most in attendance would not have been born.
Wait a minute. So the median ticket holder age is no longer 72? That explains the lack of love for Loni Anderson.

These are all great "Boomer" pop culture icons, but most Millennial/College Agers have no idea who they are. I think Lesnar would be great (current WWE Champ) or even the Deckers, but if they go back much further, most in attendance would not have been born.

They just had some home remodelers on Game Day last week that 98% of people have probably never heard of and probably 100% of college kids so the bar is pretty low. Besides, most young people develop an appreciation for learning about historical figures including entertainment, music, sports as they mature and develop wider tastes.

They just had some home remodelers on Game Day last week that 98% of people have probably never heard of and probably 100% of college kids so the bar is pretty low. Besides, most young people develop an appreciation for learning about historical figures including entertainment, music, sports as they mature and develop wider tastes.
Chip and Joana Gaines? Most everyone under 30 has heard of them. Guessing you're older.

Chip and Joana Gaines? Most everyone under 30 has heard of them. Guessing you're older.
Yes exactly. Plus their furniture line is a main feature in almost every target store in the USA

I'm well older than 30 and I have definitely heard of Chip and Jo, in fact I think I've seen every episode of Fixer Upper. And like someone mentioned, they're pretty mainstream now and have a featured line at Target.

Some lady from Trading Spaces is from Minneapolis. I'm surprised the interior design superfans aren't beating the drum for her.

Some lady from Trading Spaces is from Minneapolis. I'm surprised the interior design superfans aren't beating the drum for her.
Well in fact HGTV did a whole season recently of a home renovation couple based in Minneapolis. I will have to check it out some time.

You think that 98% of people have never heard of Chip and Joanna Gaines? You are wildly out of touch.

Not an alumn but how about John Legend? Would play well with the younger crowd and he's always tweeting about the Gophers and his nephew. I could see Brock or Whalen as their go to people.

This has been my under the radar pick

Charles Shulz is dead so have Charlie Brown and Lucy pick, then they could do the ceremonial kick-off bit!

If we’re going cartoon characters, how about Rocky and Bullwinkle? Their hometown is Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, founded Moosylvania on a Lake of the Woods island, ran for President, and their creator Jay Ward grew up a huge Golden Gophers and Bronko Nagurski fan.

I'm well older than 30 and I have definitely heard of Chip and Jo, in fact I think I've seen every episode of Fixer Upper. And like someone mentioned, they're pretty mainstream now and have a featured line at Target.

:clap:

Ok, ok, I’ll revise my number to 96-97% of Americans don’t know them by name. My mother is going through an HGTV phase, usually found more in that 20-30 something narcissism phase demo. Chip is actually really affable. Seems like a fun guy.

Top Bottom