Who do you have as your Gameday guest picker?

Vince Vaughn is the guest picker. He has a new movie coming out. Coincidence?

Isn’t one of the big creators of Pixar from Minnesota? I know when Inside Out was premiering there was a number of articles about him and his Minnesota roots. Disney would be fine for that.

Edit: Pete Docter is his name
Yes, the movie Up is his. He grew up in Bloomington and graduated from Kennedy. As did Steve Rushin (youngest writer to ever achieve Senior Writer at SI and author of several books)

I think Vince V. is a big Viking fan too and has been shown at games.

Vince Vaughn never reached his potential as the star running back that Notre Dame thought he would be. Hence, he got sent down to the prep squad. He did however throw the halfback pass that allowed Rudy to enter the game against Georgia Tech.

It was the last practice of the year, so no big deal.

Michigan doesn’t have a Wolverine head so Corso better pick Goldy again.

Wow, epic fail having VV. He had the enthusiasm of a turd and was awful.
At least he went with the Gophers.

Absolute worst guest picker segment in Game Day history. That was awful.

Corso thinks Michigan is going to win based on games played and coached decades ago by different people. Deep analysis. Oh well.

Corso thinks Michigan is going to win based on games played and coached decades ago by different people. Deep analysis. Oh well.

Let's be honest. I love Lee Corso. Gameday wouldn't be the same without him....but I don't think he's really done any analysis in the past few years. His picks are mostly dart throws....often using a whack stat like historical results that are mostly irrelevant.

It's also possible that since Goldy is in Minneapolis and Corso is in Florida that he couldn't get a Goldy head and went Michigan since it's just a helmet the production crew has around for Michigan's non-existent mascot.

In conclusion, Gameday during Covid is a snooze fest.
Tuned in for the picks and nothing else.

Last 1/3, a producer must've texted him "wake the ____ up Vince! Say something". He was a bit funnier for some of the later picks.

Yes, the movie Up is his. He grew up in Bloomington and graduated from Kennedy. As did Steve Rushin (youngest writer to ever achieve Senior Writer at SI and author of several books)

I think Vince V. is a big Viking fan too and has been shown at games.

Vaughn was born here but graduated from Lake Forest High School in Illinois. Might be a Vikings fan but he's also a big Cubbie's guy.

Go Gophers!

Vaughn was born here but graduated from Lake Forest High School in Illinois. Might be a Vikings fan but he's also a big Cubbie's guy.

Go Gophers!
I recall seeing him at a Gopher game in the Dome days, but I don't think he's much of a Gopher fan. I think that the Zoom guest picker isn't worth doing. The delay makes any real banter nearly impossible.

GameDay with no fans removes all the magic of the show. They may as well put their set in a studio in front of a green screen of a designated stadium interior. Compare the energy and fun of the GameDay on the Mall with all the fans last year, and the snooze fest that was today. Two completely different experiences.

I recall seeing him at a Gopher game in the Dome days, but I don't think he's much of a Gopher fan. I think that the Zoom guest picker isn't worth doing. The delay makes any real banter nearly impossible.
I saw him at the dome too in a Brewster game...maybe Bowling Green? Must be a fan at least a little to want to watch that game.

In conclusion, Gameday during Covid is a snooze fest.

I don't think it's any good during non-Covid either. 3 hrs is too much, by at least a couple of hours. Usually I'm at games, tailgating or golfing, so I don't watch it much, if at all. From these 2 in Mpls, not worth setting the DVR.

I like VV, but they could have chosen so many other people that are legitimate Gopher/MN fans. He looked bored, with the whole segment.

Top Bottom