Who are you cheering for in the Rose Bowl

Who do you want to see win the Rose Bowl

• Wisconsin-I cheer for the big ten no matter what in bowl games

Votes: 48 29.1%
  • TCU-F bucky no matter what at all times.

Votes: 117 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wisconsin could be playing against Glenn Beck and I still wouldn't root for them to win

If Wisconsin were playing Al-Queda, I still wouldn't root for them.

It would also be easier to catch them after the game. lolz

If the Twins can't win the division i sure as hell don't root for the White Sox!

But do you cheer for American League in the World Series? Most fans with an American league team do. Unless its the Yanks

hopefully the Big Ten goes 6-2 this year. screw the badgers and the pigeons to the south!

But do you cheer for American League in the World Series? Most fans with an American league team do. Unless its the Yanks

Ya unless its the Yanks or the BoSox, but Bucky is like combining both of those idiots. Also I cheered against the White Sox when they were in the ship in 05, because i hate the white sox.

Perhaps you should join the Big East.

I'll bet UCONN and Randy Edsall are sure glad they're in the Big East. They got thumped by a mediocre Michigan team at the Big House that squeaked into a bowl and was under .500 in the conference. My guess is that UCONN wouldn't have exactly been challenging for the BT title had they been in our league.

While I'd obviously like to win the Big Ten over the Big East, my point is that there are definite advantages to being in a lesser conference.

And if you think "That's a loser's attitude - real players and coaches are competitors want to play and beat the best," think again. Most coaches would rather be Randy Edsall right now than Bill Lynch or Tim Brewster. Why do you think only one big name coach (who seems to be black-balled) wanted to come to Minnesota?

Live in reality please.

I want to see Wisconsin win by about 50 so we don't have to hear about a non-AQ in the national title game for another 15 years.

I cannot believe 13 people so far actually want Wisconsin to win. Hopefully they are all Badger fans. If not, what a disgrace. Wanting your chief rival to get one of their biggest wins in school history in front of probably thousands of future recruits, just so you can hear Mark May say the Big Ten is better than ___ Conference.

Way to think it through, guys.

Nailed it.

So what you're saying is you cannot stay loyal to the team you grew up loving. How obsurd and fairweather. I also grew up loving the Badgers, attended Minnesota on a baseball scholarship, and still love the Badgers. Stick to your roots. It's more respectable. I take tons of crap from my UofM friends and I love it. Go Big Ten & Wisconsin!

"Respectable" is rooting for your alma mater.

"Respectable" is not trolling Gopher message boards constantly as a Badger fan.

"Respectable" is learning how to spell the word absurd.

How was the poster being fair weather? He realized how much cheering for the Badgers sucks and he now cheers for the Gophers. That is called "being smart."

The question isn't whether most do or not, the question is why?? In 2006 when the Tigers played the Cards, why would you chear for the Tigers? If the answer is 'I like Kenny Rodgers' or something like that, fine but had they won would not have made any difference to the Twins, positive or negative.

With WI you can't say that. there is no positive to WI winning, but there is a possibility that WI winning will have a negative effect on the Gophs. On O it probably won't make much difference because we won't likely be in many recruiting battles with them, but on D it might make a huge difference in recruiting.

So what you're saying is you cannot stay loyal to the team you grew up loving. How obsurd and fairweather. I also grew up loving the Badgers, attended Minnesota on a baseball scholarship, and still love the Badgers. Stick to your roots. It's more respectable. I take tons of crap from my UofM friends and I love it. Go Big Ten & Wisconsin!

Yeah that's it. I'm not loyal to the team I grew up loving. I'm a coward. How about you stay loyal to the University you attended.

One problem with Minnesota is the amount of fair weather fans. This has been brough up in many many posts prior, but I do find it disturbing the amount of Gopher fans (off this board) who have bailed on this team and started to root for their home state Badgers. Frankly, it's embarrassing. I rooted for my home state Illini when they made the R____ B____ a few years ago and have rooted for them as a secondary team, but in no means do I believe I'm being hypocritical, because in no means are the Illini anywhere near Becky.

DeadBadger03_2010.jpg

never EVER root for wisconsin. what is wrong with you people?

The only teams I root for are the Gophers and whoever is playing against Wisconsin and Iowa, but when Wisconsin and Iowa play each other I'm just confused!

All you can do there is hope they play 10 overtimes and completely ruin themselves mentally and physically for their next game.

Dead Flowers...

The only roses I want to see Wisconsin win are roses on the grave of its program.

Well when you're sitting there in your silk upholstered chair
Talking to some rich folk that you know
Well I hope you won't see me in my ragged company
Cause you know I could never be alone

Take me down little Susie, take me down
I know you think you're the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I won't forget to put roses on your grave

Well when you're sitting back in your rose pink cadillac
Making bets on Kentucky Derby DayAh,
I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon
And another girl to take my pain away

And you can Send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding

And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the US mail Say it with dead flowers in my wedding
No, I won't forget to put roses on your grave

-M. Jagger/K. Richards

That pretty much sums it up for me. Just replace "Kentucky Derby" with "Rose Bowl". I hope TCU hangs 70 on the Fadgers. 8 of which are a long bomb with less than a minute left followed by a 2pt conversion. Oh, and BTW, Bucky scores 3.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!!! Its either an old arab or a Klingon proverb. Forget which. Maybe both.

Yea...no. You have to make up your mind if you're going to be a fan of your childhood team or your alma mater when they are rivals IMO. Living in this happy fantasy land where being fans of both makes no sense. I think it's hilarious for you to call someone who made a life choice to support his alma mater over what he grew up with to be fair weather. ESPECIALLY when he chose to support the Gophers over WI. With all the Rose Bowls we've been to recently and with our consistent ownership of The Axe I know this must have been an easy call.

Give me a break! It's fans like you who are absurd. You get to have it both ways. When Wisky is good you can cheer for them. If MN is good you can cheer for the Gophers. You inoculate yourself from having to sit through a crappy year like this one like true fans do. I don't agree with the "root for the Big Ten" folks on this but at least they don't pretend you can be a true fan of both programs.

*snip*
That pretty much sums it up for me. Just replace "Kentucky Derby" with "Rose Bowl". I hope TCU hangs 70 on the Fadgers. 8 of which are a long bomb with less than a minute left followed by a 2pt conversion. Oh, and BTW, Bucky scores 3.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!!! Its either an old arab or a Klingon proverb. Forget which. Maybe both.

The enemy of my enemy is another enemy. :cool02:

To go to one school and still be a fan of the school you grew up loving is a textbook case of being fair weather. It's like getting married and still dating your high school girlfriend. "Look, I married you, but I grew up loving her. It would be fair weather of me if I stopped dating her just because I am married to you." Alma mater matters. We all make choices in life.

To go to one school and still be a fan of the school you grew up loving is a textbook case of being fair weather. It's like getting married and still dating your high school girlfriend. "Look, I married you, but I grew up loving her. It would be fair weather of me if I stopped dating her just because I am married to you." Alma mater matters. We all make choices in life.

I think the question on everyone's mind for this clown is simply, "Why didn't you play baseball for Wisconsin?"

I'll be pulling for TCU, but I'm expecting the Badgers to slaughter them.

Top Bottom