Who are you cheering for in the Rose Bowl

Who do you want to see win the Rose Bowl

• Wisconsin-I cheer for the big ten no matter what in bowl games

Votes: 48 29.1%
  • TCU-F bucky no matter what at all times.

Votes: 117 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

If the Twins can't win the division i sure as hell don't root for the White Sox!

Gotta love the "I'm not going to post" post.

Schnauzer basically thinks if the BT stops winning bowl games then the conference will slowly slip down to the level of where the Big East is now. And if we won the league we wouldn't feel good about it since we would celebrate winning a crappy conference.

Even if that were somehow to be the case down the line:
1) I'd rather win a terrible league than finish 8th in a good league
2) A National Championship is the ultimate goal. Even in a terrible league you can be on the short list of teams competing for a National Championship (See: West Virginia, Boise St., TCU) - and that list will only grow once a playoff system is developed.

Basically, since wins trump conference prestige in the current format of BCS Football, I find that his argument doesn't make as much sense as rooting against your head-to-head competition.

As I write this, 16 people voted for Wisconsin. That means either 1/3 of voters are WI fans, or we have traitors in our midst.

I hope Horny the Frog or whoever it is sticks it right up Bucky's a$$, AND THEN YOURS if you voted for WI.

If I ever cheer for wisky or iowa (unless it directly helps the Gophers in some way, i.e. a wisconsin win helps the gophers win the big ten), please shoot me because I've gone insane. Wisconsin winning the Rose Bowl doesn't help us in any way. It hurts us in local recruiting.

I didn't vote, I'm ambivalet, intellectually I want to cheer for the B10, but then again, it's Wisconsin. As much as I want the B10 to excell on the national stage it's still Wisconsin.

IMO, the fact this question is even asked is stupid. It's the Big10 Conference vs some other conference. The teams don't even matter.
Why would you want your conference to look bad? How does that help us? Doesn't help recruiting, status, nothing.

BTW, the phrasing is really bad. While I want the Big10 to win (e.g. Wisconsin), I am not cheering for them. Who would cheer for Wisconsin? I simply want the Big10 to win.

Michigan-State-University-Campus-Spartan-Statue-Sparty-Flex-MSU-CP-SS-00003lg.jpg

I didn't vote, because there wasn't a choice:

I hope the game is canceled because the badgers team plane crashed.

This scenario could spin-off another poll:

If the wisconsin plane crashes and some survive, à la the Uruguayan rugby team, who would assface bulimia eat first?

:cool02::cool02:

IMO, the fact this question is even asked is stupid. It's the Big10 Conference vs some other conference. The teams don't even matter.
Why would you want your conference to look bad? How does that help us? Doesn't help recruiting, status, nothing.

BTW, the phrasing is really bad. While I want the Big10 to win (e.g. Wisconsin), I am not cheering for them. Who would cheer for Wisconsin? I simply want the Big10 to win.

Get off the fence GRGOPHER. Its not that difficult to do. Any time Becky takes a dive that is good for Minnesota.

I didn't vote, because there wasn't a choice:

I hope the game is canceled because the badgers team plane crashed.

This scenario could spin-off another poll:

If the wisconsin plane crashes and some survive, à la the Uruguayan rugby team, who would assface bulimia eat first?

:cool02::cool02:
I hope their team plane crashes, but the game goes on. That way, their plane crashes, AND they lose!

Get off the fence GRGOPHER. Its not that difficult to do. Any time Becky takes a dive that is good for Minnesota.

Not true!

I am off the fence. I want the Big10 to win the bowl game (Yeah, I can't say I want XXX to win!).

But I'll be dammed if I'll cheer for them!

Only time I ever cheer for Big 10 teams is during Big10/ACC challenge. Even then I cheer against Wisconsin.

Not true!

I am off the fence. I want the Big10 to win the bowl game (Yeah, I can't say I want XXX to win!).

But I'll be dammed if I'll cheer for them!

I can't believe I have to ask this...WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between CHEERING FOR a team and WANTING THEM TO WIN?!?!

(I apologize for the CAPS).

I will root for the Big 10 teams, but I certainly won't be sad if WI or IA lose.

It baffles me that anyone would pull for wisky? How on earth does that help us?

Maybe if wisky returns to being as bad as Indiana now is, I might root for them, but only because they would be bringing the rivalry down.

As it is...... F*&# bucky!!!!!

I can cheer for the Big 10 except for Wisconsin and Iowa because they are rivals, and Ohio State because my brother and my dad are Ohio State fans and I hate hearing them lord their athletic dominance over me, the Minnesota fan. I also feel Michigan State got completely shafted after having an incredible season, and seeing archrival Wisconsin go the Rose Bowl and Ohio State go to their 19843573426097th BCS bowl game while Michigan State, having their best season in many years, gets left out, even though they didn't lose to EITHER Wisconsin OR Ohio State, just pisses me off personally.

TL;DR Go Frogs, go Razorbacks, go Gophers!

I can't believe I have to ask this...WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between CHEERING FOR a team and WANTING THEM TO WIN?!?!

(I apologize for the CAPS).

Good question! In my twisted mind I see cheering for a team as really getting into the game and agonizing every play, etc. Cheering to me is being EMOTIONALLY involved. I cannot get emotionally involved in a positive sense with Wisconsin representing us.

Wanting the Big 10 to win (I'm not ever going to say I want W_______ to win!) is an intellectual excercise that has nothing to do with liking the team that's representing us!

So, I think I just said that emotionally I want them to lose and intellectually I want them to win.

(Shxt...in reading this I can see why you're having trouble understanding my opinion).

I grew up loving the Badgers for 18 years and remember watching all 3 of their Rose Bowls...... I hope they lose 83-0 on NYD.

And to the morons that say that Wisconsin winning the Rose Bowl would help our recruiting..... you obviously don't know how recruiting works. Just imagine, Kill going into a kid's home and saying "Come to Minnesota, because Wisconsin won the Rose Bowl last year." There is absolutely positively NO WAY Wisconsin winning this game helps Minnesota. Who won the Rose Bowl 4 years ago? The big 10 or the Pac 10? Or neither? You don't remember because it doesn't matter. The big 10 is not looked at any different in the media.

Good question! In my twisted mind I see cheering for a team as really getting into the game and agonizing every play, etc. Cheering to me is being EMOTIONALLY involved. I cannot get emotionally involved in a positive sense with Wisconsin representing us.

Wanting the Big 10 to win (I'm not ever going to say I want W_______ to win!) is an intellectual excercise that has nothing to do with liking the team that's representing us!

So, I think I just said that emotionally I want them to lose and intellectually I want them to win.

(Shxt...in reading this I can see why you're having trouble understanding my opinion).

Let me ask it this way: I plan on watching the Rose Bowl. If TCU scores (or gets an interception or whatever) my instinct will be to celebrate because of my badger hatred. If you plan on watching the game, what would your reaction be to TCU scoring? to WI fumbling? etc. I can't imagine not getting emotionally invested to some degree.

I can bring myself to root for Iowa in Bowl Games, as I respect Ferentz. But I will never root for Brett Enema against anyone. I agree that TCU winning a Rose Bowl makes me sad too, but it is the lesser of the evils. Screw you, Bucky.

I don't cheer for private schools, especially religious schools, and I can't cheer for Becky. I guess I will be hoping for an earthquake.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCU is a pretty irreligious school despite the name.

I hope TCU hangs 60 on them and clay fumbles 3 times.

The only teams I root for are the Gophers and whoever is playing against Wisconsin and Iowa, but when Wisconsin and Iowa play each other I'm just confused!

I grew up loving the Badgers for 18 years and remember watching all 3 of their Rose Bowls...... I hope they lose 83-0 on NYD.

And to the morons that say that Wisconsin winning the Rose Bowl would help our recruiting..... you obviously don't know how recruiting works. Just imagine, Kill going into a kid's home and saying "Come to Minnesota, because Wisconsin won the Rose Bowl last year." There is absolutely positively NO WAY Wisconsin winning this game helps Minnesota. Who won the Rose Bowl 4 years ago? The big 10 or the Pac 10? Or neither? You don't remember because it doesn't matter. The big 10 is not looked at any different in the media.

So what you're saying is you cannot stay loyal to the team you grew up loving. How obsurd and fairweather. I also grew up loving the Badgers, attended Minnesota on a baseball scholarship, and still love the Badgers. Stick to your roots. It's more respectable. I take tons of crap from my UofM friends and I love it. Go Big Ten & Wisconsin!

I always cheer for the Wisconsin baseball team, oh wait. Being from Minnesota how can I cheer for Wisconsin? They are genetically inferior and they like animals in the romantic way.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom