Who are you cheering for in NCAA Championship game? DUKE or wisconsin?

• DUKE

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • wisconsin

Votes: 33 34.0%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

Rooting for Duke against the B1G is against my religion.

Definitely DUKE! Time for Tyus to win one for the home state and Gopher fans everywhere.

As bad as our sports luck is, maybe we should all root for Wisconsin

Can't cheer for either team. Though a Badger win will provide a source of entertainment watching what for sure would be an epic meltdown on this board.

Yuck how can we cheer on either team. Hate wis might hate duke and tyus more... a tie?

Any response for UW deserves a ban.

F***ing disgraceful to cheer for Wisconsin and call yourself a Gopher fan.

Can't cheer for either team. Though a Badger win will provide a source of entertainment watching what for sure would be an epic meltdown on this board.

I'd prefer to watch a meltdown of our biggest rivals' fans over the fans of my favorite teams but that's just me.

Any response for UW deserves a ban.

F***ing disgraceful to cheer for Wisconsin and call yourself a Gopher fan.

Post of the year. Ever see Alabama fans cheering for Auburn? UNC for Duke? Don't think so.

As a Gopher and UNC fan, this final absolutely kills me. However, I am a Gopher first. As much as it kills me to say it, I hope Duke wins by 50. Get wisco so close and then crush their hopes and dreams.

Wisconsin. I rooted for our conference all tourney and I'll continue to root for our conference. Nothing I'd love more than for the B1G to win the NC in football and hoops in the same year! On top of that, who else am I going to cheer for? A bunch of blue collar, White guys from the Midwest or the hot shot, one-and-done, NBA babies from Duke? As a kid I rooted for Bird and the Celtics over Magic and the Lakers. Same dynamic here. No apologies.

It's more common in the SEC than anywhere else. All the time I do.

Those are uninformed fans who don't know the history and tradition of one of the biggest/nastiest rivalries in sports. Little less severe in our case, but still, I can't bring myself to cheer for my team's biggest rival.
That's a blanket statement regarding the SEC though. Ole Miss and Mississippi State fans may hate each other more than they hate satan himself.

I always cheer for Big Ten teams in the NCCA and in Bowl Games. I would have rather seen Michigan State pull it all out, but what Wisconsin did tonight was very impressive and they deserve to be supported.

If you actually listen to Bo Ryan speak for a while heseems fairly reasonable,, and more tolerable than his whiney courtside demeanor suggests. The Bo Ryan version of UW BB gets a bad break from the casual fan when their style of play gets lumped in with what Dick Bennett did. A horrible charge call against Gasser on the kick out pass to #24 for the negated 3 pointer almost did them in, so the BS moving defender undercutting the offensive player, then flopping move almost cost UW the game. This was very ironic, in that high flying Kentucky pulled a cheap Wisconsin flop and it worked, but they still lost.

Tyus Jones is a big traitor anyway so screw Duke. For the record Tyus Jones also flopped again tonight in a big way for the 2nd of the 3 questionable calls against Dawson that doomed Michigan State.

There is really no way for a reasonable fan of a Big Ten team to support Duke and Coach K on Monday night.
Wisconsin played on hell of a game and deserved to win. Traevon Jackson made an nice, unexpected contribution tonight as well, and I will admit I have never liked his game one bit.

I'm sorry, but how is Tyus a traitor just because he didn't pick the school we all root for? What on earth would be attractive enough for him to choose Minnesota instead of Duke? Last I checked, it was his personal decision, and he chose what was best for his future. I really don't see any reason at all to hate him. He's handled everything thus far in his career with class and professionalism, and he's really set himself up well. He remains a Gopher fan too, so not sure where all the illogical hate comes from.

I can not pull for Duke...despise them more than even the skunks from Madison.

He flops a lot so I am officially sick of Tyus, go away to Europe or China never to be heard from again. If he were an actual Gopher fan he would have signed to play here.

Jarvis chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I was born and raised in the heart of Wisconsin for the first 18 years of my life. I was the biggest Badger fan possible. I got accepted to Madison and planned to go there. At the last second I had a change of heart and went to the U. I gave up my Badger fandom that day and I absolutely hate the Badgers with a passion now and wish nothing but last place finishes for them every year. I am home for the holidays and had to sit and watch the game with all my family while they were wearing their Badger crap and living and dying on every basket.

For all of you deciding to root for Wisconsin Monday night, just give up your Gopher fan card now. You are pathetic.

I was born and raised in the heart of Wisconsin for the first 18 years of my life. I was the biggest Badger fan possible. I got accepted to Madison and planned to go there. At the last second I had a change of heart and went to the U. I gave up my Badger fandom that day and I absolutely hate the Badgers with a passion now and wish nothing but last place finishes for them every year. I am home for the holidays and had to sit and watch the game with all my family while they were wearing their Badger crap and living and dying on every basket.

For all of you deciding to root for Wisconsin Monday night, just give up your Gopher fan card now. You are pathetic.

Have you considered professional help in resolving your family issues?

Top Bottom