Who are you cheering for in NCAA Championship game? DUKE or wisconsin?

Who are you cheering for in NCAA Championship game? DUKE or wisconsin?

• DUKE

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • wisconsin

Votes: 33 34.0%

• Total voters
Even if Duke loses today, Amir Coffey isn't going to say to himself. Oh, if I go to Duke I will lose the national title? Looks like I should stay home and hopefully make the tourney!

Pure speculation. You nor I have any idea what Amir Coffey is going to say to himself. Maybe he'll say to himself, "My dad made an Elite 8 with the Gophers and Wisconsin just won the National title with three starters from their home state. Minnesota can win a National title. It is possible."

So to answer your question, yes, Duke every time.

Even if my hypothetical lineup was a reality tonight? I just don't get that. In my opinion the less success the MN blue chippers have when they go to greener pastures and the more success the MN blue chippers have if they stay at home and go to Minnesota the better for the Minnesota Gopher program. As a die hard Minnesota fan I want the Gophers above anyone else to have more success.

Minnesota won't realistically be competing with Duke for recruits any time soon. We may be on the same list, but they wouldn't be picking MN over Duke due to the great success of the program it would be for reasons that won't change regardless if Duke wins or not.

You are probably right. It is a safe bet and likely a good bet. However, it's unknown. Maybe the Gophers will compete with Duke in the future. Just need a couple Blue Chippers to take the leap...

Anyway, I like and read your posts when I see them. Enjoy the game if you are going to watch it.

Pure speculation. You nor I have any idea what Amir Coffey is going to say to himself. Maybe he'll say to himself, "My dad made an Elite 8 with the Gophers and Wisconsin just won the National title with three starters from their home state. Minnesota can win a National title. It is possible." Even if my hypothetical lineup was a reality tonight? I just don't get that. In my opinion the less success the MN blue chippers have when they go to greener pastures and the more success the MN blue chippers have if they stay at home and go to Minnesota the better for the Minnesota Gopher program. As a die hard Minnesota fan I want the Gophers above anyone else to have more success. You are probably right. It is a safe bet and likely a good bet. However, it's unknown. Maybe the Gophers will compete with Duke in the future. Just need a couple Blue Chippers to take the leap... Anyway, I like and read your posts when I see them. Enjoy the game if you are going to watch it.

Honestly I am the last person to objectively answer any WI question lol if my options were cheer for Wisconsin or live under a bridge. I'm taking the bridge.

Actually not even able to watch tonight, but hoping to wake up to a Duke win.

I was born and raised in the heart of Wisconsin for the first 18 years of my life. I was the biggest Badger fan possible. I got accepted to Madison and planned to go there. At the last second I had a change of heart and went to the U. I gave up my Badger fandom that day and I absolutely hate the Badgers with a passion now and wish nothing but last place finishes for them every year. I am home for the holidays and had to sit and watch the game with all my family while they were wearing their Badger crap and living and dying on every basket.

For all of you deciding to root for Wisconsin Monday night, just give up your Gopher fan card now. You are pathetic.

Hmmm......what made you change your mind at the last second?

Yuck how can we cheer on either team. Hate wis might hate duke and tyus more... a tie?

You "hate" Tyus? For what? For making an excellent personal decision and putting himself in great position to succeed in college playing for one of the greatest basketball mentors ever?

Wait, I see.

Honestly I am the last person to objectively answer any WI question lol if my options were cheer for Wisconsin or live under a bridge. I'm taking the bridge.

Funny. :D

Other than Gasser.....there aren't any players on the Badgers that I necessarily dislike. And despite not caring for the grinch.....I respect what Bo Ryan has been able to do. So.....I guess I wouldn't be furious if the Badgers won. I would be much more upset if the Badgers who a football national championship.

With all that said.....I'll still be rooting for Duke.

The correct answer is Duke.

Anyone who votes for Wisconsin is not a real Gophers fan and needs to be banned from this site immediately.

You people who voted for Wisconsin disgust me. Apparently Better Dead Than Red means nothing to these fans. You're all a bunch of Commies.

Anyone who votes for Wisconsin is not a real Gophers fan and needs to be banned from this site immediately.
What's with all the clamoring to ban anyone who shares a different opinion on this discussion board?

If you're a true Gopher fan, you do NOT want WI to win it all. It will hurt our recruiting. Believe it. Them being in the Final Four will hurt enough but to have our biggest rival - not too mention Madison being so close - will have impact on our recruiting.

I'll never understand the "I always root for the Big Ten....". To some degree it makes sense but not when it's your biggest rival. Think of the impact on the University of Minnesota and not how "great it is for the Big Ten".

Alright then, I'm not a true gopher fan. I'll really enjoy congratulating my good friends in Wisconsin if they win the NC.

Look on the bright side: we can all be thankful that those poor Skunk fans are so nervous tonight, and we don't have to be.

I was cheering for Duke , but now I feel like I should go take a shower.

I was cheering for Duke , but now I feel like I should go take a shower.

Looking back on the game I was only really cheering for Jones and Allen. And it turns out that's all Duke needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post of the year. Ever see Alabama fans cheering for Auburn? UNC for Duke? Don't think so.

Actually I know a couple of people from Alabama, and they will root for the other school if it's against a non-SEC school, especially a Yankee northern school. The allegiance to the SEC is absolutely crazy in the south.

Having said that, I am a happy camper tonight! I was dreading dealing with my Badger coworkers tomorrow, now I can just pity them. ��

Top Bottom