Who are you cheering for in NCAA Championship game? DUKE or wisconsin?

Who are you cheering for in NCAA Championship game? DUKE or wisconsin?

• DUKE

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • wisconsin

Votes: 33 34.0%

• Total voters
I wanted Wisconsin to beat Kentucky, because I hate Kentucky that badly. However, there's no way in hell I want Wisconsin to win a championship. Go Duke!

Have you considered professional help in resolving your family issues?

Hey they are passionate and loyal. More than I can say about most of the Gophers fan base.... And I love everything about being a Sconnie as well. Minus the Badgers part.

Have you considered professional help in resolving your family issues?

Professional help? He sounds rather well-adjusted. He is actually spending time with Badger fans in his family. I don't know if I could say I would hang out with my family if they were Badger fans. (joking...sort of)

Ok, so here's mytake. I'm a Gopher fan, for the team, first and foremost. I hate Wisconsin (and Iowa!!), but they are, and always have been, what they are - opposing schools. Tyus Jones was a MN kid. He chose to no longer be associated with or support his home state. I have never once spoken a word against him, nor wished him ill...but i cannot root for his team in this game. I would rather Wisconsin win, and represent the Big 10 and add more fuel for the debate for when we start, soon, to turn the tide of victories in matchups against them.

I cheer for the BIG 10, regardless...well unless it's Iowa...Wisconsin has earned my respect.

Man there are a lot of fans in here who think they're required by law to be objective like journalists. I think some of you need to retake fandom 101. Wisconsin is our biggest rival. Their success harms us in a very real way. You do not root for that to happen. I despise Christian laettner as much as anybody, and don't want to see tyus win. But rooting for a rival? Unthinkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they'll just cancel the game and give Kentucky the championship they so rightly deserve.

I was born and raised in the heart of Wisconsin for the first 18 years of my life. I was the biggest Badger fan possible. I got accepted to Madison and planned to go there. At the last second I had a change of heart and went to the U. I gave up my Badger fandom that day and I absolutely hate the Badgers with a passion now and wish nothing but last place finishes for them every year. I am home for the holidays and had to sit and watch the game with all my family while they were wearing their Badger crap and living and dying on every basket.

For all of you deciding to root for Wisconsin Monday night, just give up your Gopher fan card now. You are pathetic.

Your story is pretty much a parallel for mine. Screw family, they're always messed up, find a way to rise above. I'll always respect and appreciate the great state of Wisconsin despite the goofball fans on both sides of the river. Go gophers and.....

On Wisconsin!

It's the neighborly thing to cheer for Wisconsin in basketball just as it is to want to see North Dakota State win national football championships each year.

Duke, hope Tyus goes for 35 and they Winn by at least that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the neighborly thing to cheer for Wisconsin in basketball just as it is to want to see North Dakota State win national football championships each year.

Shut up Eagan. Hurry up and get re-banned already.

My opinion is that Gopher fans should never cheer for UW. UW winning a national title enhances their brand immensely thus causing great harm to your team.

My opinion is that Gopher fans should never cheer for UW. UW winning a national title enhances their brand immensely thus causing great harm to your team.

Yup. Nothing personal. I'd expect you to do the same for us.

I'm sure UNC fans are all cheering for Duke tomorrow.

I'm surprised how many people really believe badger fans would be cheering for us if things were reversed.

I'm surprised how many people really believe badger fans would be cheering for us if things were reversed.

i'm equally surprised at how many people actually think uw winning does anything for the gophers "brand" or recruiting or anything positive for us. did ohio state winning the football title do anything for our football program? of course not.

i'm equally surprised at how many people actually think uw winning does anything for the gophers "brand" or recruiting or anything positive for us. did ohio state winning the football title do anything for our football program? of course not.

A lot of 2015 recruits have mentioned how awesome it is that both OSU and TCU will be on the schedule. It doesn't help if we are competing against other Big Ten teams but I'm sure OSU winning plus MSU and Wisconsin winning and the Harbugh hire didn't hurt at all for a recruit like Hunter Register who was torn between Minnesota and UL-Laffeyette. The Big Ten is now considered "cool" football conference by many recruits after the above transpired.

There is a reason why a recruit like Graham Woodward chose to play for perennial cellar dweller Penn State over perennial NCAA tourney participant Gonzaga. If recruits can't play for the best, the next best thing is to play against the best.

Rooting for Duke against the B1G is against my religion.
Same way that I think. I can understand the support for Duke with a Minnesota kid on the roster, but UW has several, too (as have many good programs.) The Gophers could take the hint. Besides, I like the way UW plays team ball -- so does Duke with good passing and discipline. But I like the way UW recruits: 12 of their 16 roster players are from WI, IL, MN. Anyway, glad to see these two teams in the finals. Good programs.

I'm actually beyond dumbfounded that some posters, who aren't trolling, are responding that they want WI to win. Our biggest rival by definition should be someone for whom we never root to win. I want Duke to win by a thousand.

I think I'll cheer for over 139 1/2...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom