Week 9 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

The lesson at the end of Saturday's result in the BIG is that in the West Purdue is that looks pretty good and the rest are also rans. IN and NW may be a dark horse.
WI is an unknown with now 12 players and 10 staff including the HC have the virus.
The high percentage of staff relative to players suggests the staff was far less responsible than the players.
The decision about WI/Purdue game will be made Tuesday.
If the BIG changes the completely unscientific 21 day absence from playing to 10 days and negative tests then the game might go on.
I’d put it at somewhere near zero chance that they play that game. I won’t be surprised if they do decrease the 21 days, but the cases are too high right now with fresh cases for there to be much reasonable chance they have enough negative testing

The ACC is the ACC. Clemson, and then a bunch of meh to above middling teams.

Notre Dame "included" in the league this year, is the only competition Clemson will have. Will be interesting.

Big XII is out of the CFP running, unless every conf champion ends up with a loss. Doubtful. Will be the same old of Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and then whichever of 1-loss Notre Dame, maybe 0-loss PAC champ (if that happens), and for fun/talk they'll pretend to throw on 0-loss Cincy in there.

Indiana could be #2 in the East this year, pretty crazy. They still have play Michigan's, and who knows maybe Maryland goes on a tear now. We'll see.

Watching last night's game and now today's Texas/Oklahoma State game just affirms the old cliche. The prevent defense just prevents you from winning.

OK State just tied the game at 34 to send it to overtime.
4 turnovers by OSU -- including 2 just absurdly bad ones in the redzone -- also contributed. I don't normally watch Big 12, but I had money on OSU so I suffered through that debacle. Figures, lol.

Top Bottom