Week 9 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

MSU just got another touchdown. Up 27-17....looking good to knock off Michigan. I'm fine with that.

Oh boy. Wolverine fans are going to be pissed after their impressive win at Minnesota.

Based on transitive scores...

Holy shit we are bad or Greg Schiano is a wizard

well Michigan with some Tracy Claeys level coaching down the stretch here. least they scored but wow they wasted time and a timeout to effectively lose the game

Rutgers > Michigan St > Michigan > us.
If Rutgers beats Indiana, Iowa beats northwestern and penn state beats Ohio state

None of which is out of the question....

indiana and Purdue will be the only 2-0s in the big ten after 2 weeks

Clemson's 18 point comeback was their largest ever at Death Valley, where they have played since 1942.

That's how rare it is to blow that kind of lead. Way to go Gophers.

Clemson's 18 point comeback was their largest ever at Death Valley, where they have played since 1942.

While not quite Mase-Texas Tech level, yeah... that's a massive lead to blow

No, no, no.

You're not pulling that crap on us.

We remember several large comebacks.
Michigan
Texas Tech
NC State

Those are 3 in the last 20 years.

welp. NW trying to replicate what MD did against them last week.

Not as rare for the Gophers.

I wonder if they poll players and coaches after the season how much more "randomness" they'll depict in terms of who is up for games. the lack of crowd atmosphere, pre-conference games, etc. seem to be making the results on the field much much more random

So I think it's safe to say we have the worst defense in the big ten given the michigan state v michigan outcome

Iowa is throttling NW. Granted, two turnovers early haven't helped, but NW struggling to do anything on O and haven't even slowed Iowa slightly on the other side.

I really hope our Gophers improve on D quickly. It's shaping up to be just a monumentally bad season. I just can't even believe my expectations for this team 8 days ago. Feels like a lifetime.

What's cute is that if Rutgers wins this game, they'll be 2-0 and ranked. And likely end the year 2-6 or 3-5 if they beat Maryland.

So I think it's safe to say we have the worst defense in the big ten given the michigan state v michigan outcome
That was safe to say well before that game

I would argue that Maryland might have shown themselves to have just as bad of a defense as Minnesota but not worse

Rutgers, who doesn't have much depth, just lost a starting LB to targeting

well Michigan with some Tracy Claeys level coaching down the stretch here. least they scored but wow they wasted time and a timeout to effectively lose the game

Or some P.J.Fleck coaching from the 4th Quarter and O.T. of last night's game.

So picture this, Iowa is likely to beat NW. Purdue beat Iowa. Iowa beats NW. NW beat MD. MD beats us. So by that crazy logic we are the worst team in the conference outside of Illinois who only lost by 7 today:oops: Of course Nebraska is a question mark.

So picture this, Iowa is likely to beat NW. Purdue beat Iowa. Iowa beats NW. NW beat MD. MD beats us. So by that crazy logic we are the worst team in the conference outside of Illinois who only lost by 7 today:oops: Of course Nebraska is a question mark.
Being winless in the conference does tend to put you near the bottom of the transitive property yes

Iowa leads 20-14 over NW at the Half.

well. NW spotted Iowa 2 TDs and now just took the lead 21-20. yikes Iowa

Things looking really dismal this weekend for many of last year's darlings: LSU, Minnesota, Baylor, Memphis

Top Bottom