Week 9 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

well. both NW and Iowa's offenses suck. However they both appear to play some defense, so we may be in trouble.

Definitely will take Iowa also starting 0-2.

But let’s be real, no team in the West has looked as bad as us.

Illinois is the next worst, and they kept it to a respectable 24-31 loss today to Purdue.

Lets see? NW beat Iowa. MSU beat Michigan. Auburn beat LSU by 37 :oops:. West Virginia beat K-State by 27 and Clemson, a 27pt favorite, beat BC by 4.

Yep, College Football is unpredictable and unless your team is terrible, it's a lot of fun too.

Indiana (-13) just gave up the most absurd TD in years on 4th and 32 with Rutgers down 16.

8 wild laterals over 33 seconds. Gamblers must be losing their minds, and Rutgers still alive

Indiana (-13) just gave up the most absurd TD in years on 4th and 32 with Rutgers down 16.

8 wild laterals over 33 seconds. Gamblers must be losing their minds, and Rutgers still alive

???

Final score Indy 37 Rutgers 21

Watching last night's game and now today's Texas/Oklahoma State game just affirms the old cliche. The prevent defense just prevents you from winning.

OK State just tied the game at 34 to send it to overtime.

OSU just shoves it down PSU’s throat in three plays on its first drive. Goodness, what would the Buckeyes do to our defense? It would involve crimes against humanity, thankfully we don’t play them this season. I’m not even sure we play the same sport they do.

watching PSU and you can tell OSU has better athletes, but man this is making me miss KC getting our guys on offense in favorable matchups to mitigate speed advantages

Lets see? NW beat Iowa. MSU beat Michigan. Auburn beat LSU by 37 :oops:. West Virginia beat K-State by 27 and Clemson, a 27pt favorite, beat BC by 4.

Yep, College Football is unpredictable and unless your team is terrible, it's a lot of fun too.

#6 Oklahoma State 34 Texas 41

watching PSU and you can tell OSU has better athletes, but man this is making me miss KC getting our guys on offense in favorable matchups to mitigate speed advantages
Are you being sarcastic?

Hopefully they fire Ciarrocca and we can have him back

Watch how effectively buckeyes use tight end and quick passes in flat to RBs. In last TD drive tight end caught two simple throws and rB had two catches. amazing

I know it probably won’t matter in the end but this is absolutely inexcusable.

I know it probably won’t matter in the end but this is absolutely inexcusable.

It's interesting, and I'm guessing someone with editing skills could do this, but it's VERY tight to the 2 seconds if you slow it down from snap to when his knee touches down. Now for them to not run the 2 seconds is pretty bizarre, but if you actually watch the clock it's somewhere between 1.5 seconds and 2 seconds from when he takes the snap to when he kneels. Fields needs to take a few steps back there to be sure and you know he won't make that mistake again to leave it in the hands of the officials.

It's interesting, and I'm guessing someone with editing skills could do this, but it's VERY tight to the 2 seconds if you slow it down from snap to when his knee touches down. Now for them to not run the 2 seconds is pretty bizarre, but if you actually watch the clock it's somewhere between 1.5 seconds and 2 seconds from when he takes the snap to when he kneels. Fields needs to take a few steps back there to be sure and you know he won't make that mistake again to leave it in the hands of the officials.
It’s close. But college football has a 3-second spike rule. Which means a team cannot spike the ball if there’s less than 3 seconds left when the ball is snapped. If they do, the half or game is over even if there was a second left when the spike occurs. Common sense would say what Fields did took longer than a spike.

It’s close. But college football has a 3-second spike rule. Which means a team cannot spike the ball if there’s less than 3 seconds left when the ball is snapped. If they do, the half or game is over even if there was a second left when the spike occurs. Common sense would say what Fields did took longer than a spike.
that is very fair, but in theory, the clock is also running on a spike play so you have 1 second to get set perhaps built in there to make the 3 seconds mandatory? I agree the clock should have run out though.

NC getting beat pretty good. They were top-10 last week I believe. Unless VA has a MN-like 4th quarter collapse, this will be a bad loss for them.

OSU just shoves it down PSU’s throat in three plays on its first drive. Goodness, what would the Buckeyes do to our defense? It would involve crimes against humanity, thankfully we don’t play them this season. I’m not even sure we play the same sport they do.

They would do about what Maryland did to our defense. Thankfully, it's an end zone, which means there's a limit to how badly a team can get embarrassed.

The lesson at the end of Saturday's result in the BIG is that in the West Purdue is that looks pretty good and the rest are also rans. IN and NW may be a dark horse.
WI is an unknown with now 12 players and 10 staff including the HC have the virus.
The high percentage of staff relative to players suggests the staff was far less responsible than the players.
The decision about WI/Purdue game will be made Tuesday.
If the BIG changes the completely unscientific 21 day absence from playing to 10 days and negative tests then the game might go on.

So not fun for Gopher fans.

Last edited:

Top Bottom