Week 7 Other Games Thread

Mam, Iowa just sucks to watch. Another f'ing win for them. We literally need to win out including Ohio state to take the division because they ain't losing more than two games in conference.

14iyzi2qpinb1.jpg

Mam, Iowa just sucks to watch. Another f'ing win for them. We literally need to win out including Ohio state to take the division because they ain't losing more than two games in conference.
Iowa’s ability to eek out wins with that offense is like voodoo… shouldn’t be possible, but they do it time and again.

Iowa can't seem to win comfortably. It always has to be squirrelly as hell. Mainly because they're offense sucks.

WI just looks plain bad. Glad we get to play both of these teams while they are reeling from injuries.

Iowa scored 13 on Rossi last year

Rossi incapable of holding them to 12 clearly
Are we capable of scoring against Iowa (other than a couple of girls goals)? Iowa makes more positive out of the field position game than any team I remember. So aggressive on defense. Experience across the board. 6-1, leading the west, with an offense worse than the Gophers.

I think there's still a great shot of us winning the west even if we lose to OSU. Wisconsin was without QB1 in the second half, I think Rutgers, Illinois, or Nebraska have a chance to generate enough offense to knock Iowa off.

Doesn't matter if we don't win next week though.

Iowa’s ability to eek out wins with that offense is like voodoo… shouldn’t be possible, but they do it time and again.
68-2 in games decided by 8 or less was the stat they put up on the broadcast.....have to respect their ability to win close ugly games....but imagine how dominant they could be if they had any semblance of an offense to go with the great defense and special teams.....

Are we capable of scoring against Iowa (other than a couple of girls goals)? Iowa makes more positive out of the field position game than any team I remember. So aggressive on defense. Experience across the board. 6-1, leading the west, with an offense worse than the Gophers.
Not sure. We haven’t been.
But I was responding to someone specifically with that comment

Iowa isn’t very aggressive on defense. They run a pretty base defense.

Wisconsin was so overhyped. They're like the traveling sales doctor selling medical cures in a bottle. When you open the bottle, it smells like gas, AKA air raid.

1697327098562.png

I think we win if Taylor is healthy. Allen for Wisconsin was the only one seemingly able to do anything about Iowa's defense, and I think like last year the game will come down to whether we keep the ball in our hands. Now that we know Evans is a great back in his own right we may be able to beat them at their own game.

Stranger things have happened. For example, iowa scored an offensive touchdown today.
Meanwhile in the Oregon and Washington game they are in the end zone every other play.

Is that even legal?!?!?!

Last edited:

68-2 in games decided by 8 or less was the stat they put up on the broadcast.....have to respect their ability to win close ugly games....but imagine how dominant they could be if they had any semblance of an offense to go with the great defense and special teams.....
Just absolutely terrible offense —but with some of the best in both defense and special teams. That is how Iowa wins games !

Wisconsin was so overhyped. They're like the traveling sales doctor selling medical cures in a bottle. When you open the bottle, it smells like gas, AKA air raid.

View attachment 27670
They are the new Nebraska

Their QB got hurt
Their backup came in and played better
They scored 6 points

I think we win if Taylor is healthy. Allen for Wisconsin was the only one seemingly able to do anything about Iowa's defense, and I think like last year the game will come down to whether we keep the ball in our hands. Now that we know Evans is a great back in his own right we may be able to beat them at their own game.
And on that, a better question: Can Iowa score on us? Their starting QB and both starting TEs are hurt. Their one offensive TD was by their run game, which is also in my opinion a strength of our defense. Their usual strategy of scoring early and making it enough doesn't work if they can't score. They can't blindside our secondary early if their two NFL-caliber tight ends are out.

They are the new Nebraska

Their QB got hurt
Their backup came in and played better
They scored 6 points
The Fickell hype is very similar to the Frost hype. Totally agree that Wisconsin has taken over Nebraska's spot in the conference of being overhyped and fans thinking they are or will be something better than what they actually are.

And on that, a better question: Can Iowa score on us? Their starting QB and both starting TEs are hurt. Their one offensive TD was by their run game, which is also in my opinion a strength of our defense. Their usual strategy of scoring early and making it enough doesn't work if they can't score. They can't blindside our secondary early if their two NFL-caliber tight ends are out.
If we don't help them.....they can't score on us.....problem is we usually fine a way to help them just enough....and we are not alone in that.....other teams do it as well.....it's the Iowa way.

If we don't help them.....they can't score on us.....problem is we usually fine a way to help them just enough....and we are not alone in that.....other teams do it as well.....it's the Iowa way.
Pretty much last year… had the game won several times… until we didn’t….several times.

Top Bottom