Week 7 Other Games Thread

What about record when trailing at the half
Nobody cares about that. They care about record at the end of game.

If record at end of game was good enough, nobody mentions record when trailing at half.

Maybe we should try to get down at halftime to dogshit teams to improve our record when trailing at the half.

If record at end of game was good enough, nobody mentions record when trailing at half.

Maybe we should try to get down at halftime to dogshit teams to improve our record when trailing at the half.
I agree with that. Who cares. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. No such thing as a bad win or a good loss, IMO...

Of course. I’ve forgotten what we’re faux-arguing about at this point but I think it was the approach to game management. The stat is a symptom, is all. Fair to support it or criticize it.

I’m confused by this post. Michigan beat us 52-10. Beat Indians 52-7. The game before that we lost to jNW. What exactly should we be puffing our chests about?
Nothing?
I’m confused by this post? Nobody said we should be puffing our chest

At the end of the year if you win every game by 1 you are the national champion. If you lose every game by one your are fired.

What are you if you can’t convert a first down in the fourth quarter on three separate drives due to lack of trust/a bad passing game - and blow a 21 point lead.

I mostly read/skimmed Brian Billick's book on offense. He wrote about increasing the statistical probabilities, which means what is most likely to work and also setting that up.

I have no way to know what is most likely to work for the Gophers. Maybe they are not doing stuff because it lessens their chances, based on how likely the players convert against who they are playing. I don't know. Or maybe they are squeezing the beat enough for more sugar. Maybe veterans here know what's going on.
What are you if you can’t convert a first down in the fourth quarter on three separate drives due to lack of trust/a bad passing game - and blow a 21 point lead.
You have a coach who doesn’t trust his passing game that was 13-16 and nine yards gained per attempt at that point and who refused to play a fresh, healthy running back.

A negative post from Jack Jones.....will wonders never cease?.....
Not negative, just being realistic. Maybe you haven’t our Gophers. Rossi’s best defense is when they are on the sideline.

But at some point in the game based on time left and the size of your lead it is standard procedure to run the clock out, regardless of how a lead was built.

Fair enough, but now we know (and, more importantly, Fleck should know) that attempting to run out the clock with a quarter remaining certainly is premature especially if the opponent is playing like a team with nothing to lose. Fleck has a lot of faith in his defense but they haven't been so great this season and their performance isn't helped when the offense isn't staying on the field by making plays.

Last edited:

Top Bottom