Week 2 Other Games Thread

This CyHawk game could not be more predictable

Perennial 7-6 but computer ranking Top 10 Iowa State dominating the stat sheet but losing an ugly 7-3 ballgame to dumb lucky Iowa.

wisconsin has kicking issues this year I like it

Fun stat: Freeman is the first ND head coach to lose his first three games (including last year's bowl game).

For some reason Maryland often looks really scary in the non-con by piling up gaudy margins of victory, then ends up being a sub-.500 Big Ten team.

He was their DC. That’s nothing like a Brewster hire?

External position coach with no coordinator experience
Vs internal coordinator

I don’t see the comparison
Not exactly Brewsteresque, but no HC experience at one of the highest profile jobs in the country whose fan base is rabid.

Have yet to see any team in the West that scares me. We have a phenomenal opportunity to win the West this season if we play well.

You don't need maroon and gold sunglasses to see that the Gophers are the best team in the division. And I'm not sure that it's really that close.

App State giving A & M all they want. Just like NC last week. Think they are pretty good.

Will Iowa score more points this whole season that the 62 points the Gophers scored today?

Not exactly Brewsteresque, but no HC experience at one of the highest profile jobs in the country whose fan base is rabid.
I mean it’s literally exactly what Ohio state and Clemson did

He was their DC. That’s nothing like a Brewster hire?

External position coach with no coordinator experience
Vs internal coordinator

I don’t see the comparison

No HC experience AFAIK. Fleck was never a coordinator or HC either so sure, it’s not impossible to succeed without coordinator or HC experience.

A school like Notre Dame should be able to hire a proven commodity head coach though. IMHO. Failed coordinators are a dime a dozen.

No HC experience AFAIK. Fleck was never a coordinator or HC either so sure, it’s not impossible to succeed without coordinator or HC experience.

A school like Notre Dame should be able to hire a proven commodity head coach though. IMHO. Failed coordinators are a dime a dozen.
It’s literally what Clemson and Ohio state both did.

I am not saying it’s good hire. I have no idea yet. But it is hardly even close to a Brewster hire

TOUCHDOWN

ISU 10-7 8:27 to go. In Iowa time that’s an eternity for something bizarre to skip, tip, roll their way.

ISU TD. I may be mistaken but it looked like someone threw a water bottle at Iowa's Riley Moss after he let up a TD

Notre Dame has done this before when they elevated Bob Davie, who had no previous head coaching experience, for their DC position. As I said, not Brewsteresque. Notre Dame did that when they hired Gerry Faust.

Wow. Defensive lineman for Washington State picks the ball down by the goal line......and then proceeds to fumble it right back to Wisconsin.....

:mad:

Top Bottom