Week 12 Other Games Thread

Fun that the Purdue Northwestern game is at Wrigley Field. I was wondering why there were so many people there 😂
They think Northwestern might score a few runs in this one................

Think Tucker is trying to figure out how to get in touch with his agent to get that contract signed at halftime?

49 points, 500+ yards, 6 TD passes.....in the first half.....just unreal.

I don't think there is anyone in the Big Ten that can beat Ohio State at this point. So OSU will need Georgia to beat Bama in the SEC title game and for Oregon to drop a game at some point to get up to the #2 spot. But I guess as long as they can get into the 2 or 3 spot they could avoid the first round matchup with Georgia so that they meet in the title game.

I think the CFP committee eventually moves OSU above Oregon if OSU keeps playing well. The only other ranked Pac12 team is #23 Utah which they play today. Assuming OSU keeps winning, they would have beat Penn State, a then ranked #19 Purdue, obliteration of #7 MSU, #6 Michigan, and the Big Ten West representative that should be ranked by then.

A middling program with multiple big ten titles in my lifetime? I will never feel bad for them

I’d feel bad if it was #7 Rutgers getting pounded like this

That's all true. Just from the perspective that they were undefeated and in the CFP talks a couple weeks back before the Purdue game. This one really makes the reality set in.

Oklahoma 37 yards passing at half and leading 14-7.

Bama will lose, that will shift Oregon v Ohio St up into a rematch in a semi.

Just hope like hell that fake Cincy doesn't get the #4 spot.

I agree. Bama isn't the juggernaut in the SEC this year. Georgia will beat them in the SEC Championship.

I think the 4th spot is Cincy's to lose. Maybe Oklahoma State jumps them if they run the table. But Notre Dame shouldn't.

I agree. Bama isn't the juggernaut in the SEC this year. Georgia will beat them in the SEC Championship.

I think the 4th spot is Cincy's to lose. Maybe Oklahoma State jumps them if they run the table. But Notre Dame shouldn't.
Strength of schedule.

Would rather give it to 1-loss ND than undefeated Cincy.

It sort of seems like 3 teams deserve to be thought of as championship caliber. OSU, Georgia, Alabama and Bama being questionable if they get beat bad by Georgia (but its still Bama). After them, it seems like a sea of also-rans. Not much difference between by the eye test from number 4 to about 10 or 15. Oregon through Oklahoma could be a round robin tournament and they all end up .500.

It sort of seems like 3 teams deserve to be thought of as championship caliber. OSU, Georgia, Alabama and Bama being questionable if they get beat bad by Georgia (but its still Bama). After them, it seems like a sea of also-rans. Not much difference between by the eye test from number 4 to about 10 or 15. Oregon through Oklahoma could be a round robin tournament and they all end up .500.
You don’t think 1 loss Oregon who won at Ohio state deserves it?

You don’t think 1 loss Oregon who won at Ohio state deserves it?
I'm not saying deserves or not, I'm just saying those 3 teams are playing better than anyone else.

Right now OSU needs to move them above Oregon, and probably Alabama.

The CFP committee should interrupt the game during the 4th quarter just to announce it so everyone is already aware.

Iowa are so average it hurts. this was our year to beat them
I don't think that's true.

I think Iowa is good.
A lot of good teams in the Big Ten this year.
OSU is great though.

Gameday would have been better off doing Cinci/SMU or Oregon/Utah today. Do OSU/MI next week.

C'mon Burp Bulimia. Beat the cockeyes.

Early, but Georgia Tech showing up.

Never would happen to PJ!
Happened against northwestern, they just didn’t score

Iowa state losing by 14 instead of 4 in the 4th quarter because they were aggressive

Iowa St put up a good fight at the end, but not enough.

Was rooting for them. Campbell regressing in year 6 back to the 8-5 average that is tough to lift in Ames without being able to consistently beat Iowa.

Happened against northwestern, they just didn’t score

Iowa state losing by 14 instead of 4 in the 4th quarter because they were aggressive
Iowa state loses by 7 in a game where they turn down 3 to go for 7 and a 10 point swing ensues

Top Bottom