Week 12 Other Games Thread

Ummmm.......Utah just returned a punt for a TD. There were 11 seconds left on the clock in the half.

28-0 Utes.
Hello Cincy!!!

Now if Bama gets smoked in the SeC championship game and get them out of the playoffs I’ll be a happy dude

Cincinnati may be a lock for the playoff now

Assuming they win out.....I'd say yes. The Ducks are toast. Michigan is going to get rolled next week by OSU. The two, one loss Big 12 teams (Oklahoma and Oklahoma State) play next week. And Alabama is very unlikely to beat Georgia.

That will leave undefeated Georgia, one loss OSU, a one loss Big 12 team, and a one loss ND team that already lost to undefeated Cincy. Cincinnati could realistically get the third seed over the Big 12 team.

Cincy might make the top 4 this week, but Okie State would eventually replace them if they win out, IMO.

Sure....but if (when) Alabama loses the SEC championship to Georgia.....that will drop them out most likely. I'd be shocked to see the committee still sneak Alabama into the #4 spot to give them a back-to-back rematch with Georgia in the first round of the playoff. Maybe if Alabama gives them a REALLY good game. But imo.....the SEC championship is the first round of the playoffs for Alabama. If they can't handle Georgia....give the next team a shot.

Rutgers going to follow Utah's lead and put the World Trade Center on next weeks helmets.

someone remind me how the hell OSU lost to Oregon?

After Oregon burned them on seemingly the same running play again and again for multiple TDs and long gainers fans were furious and somewhat later given the totality of evidence Kerry Coombs was demoted from play-calling DC and Matt Barnes is running the defense now.

Do coordinators even matter? Maybe it’s a coincidence OSU looks better on defense.

A) What does Wisconsin OR Minnesota's SOS have to do with anything?
B) Minnesota's SOS is not 57th ANYWHERE. Have you been eating glass?
The SOS gives you one way of looking at every team's statistics including the most important , W/L.
Sagarin's SOS for the week ending11/13 has WI at 12, NE 15 and MN at 57.
I'm sure that if you put Sagarin in Google even you could be enlightened by looking at his computer generated numbers.

Ummmm.......Utah just returned a punt for a TD. There were 11 seconds left on the clock in the half.

28-0 Utes.

It was a great return. 78 yards. Utah kicked Oregon’s a$$. Plays like this are game changers and back breakers. We did it once ourselves, for instance, the last time we beat Wisconsin. But we don’t do punt returns anymore. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The SOS gives you one way of looking at every team's statistics including the most important , W/L.
Sagarin's SOS for the week ending11/13 has WI at 12, NE 15 and MN at 57.
I'm sure that if you put Sagarin in Google even you could be enlightened by looking at his computer generated numbers.

Saragin for some reason has our SOS much lower. Team rankings has the Gophers at 36. Still not sure what the Gophers OR Wisconsin's SOS has to do with Notre Dame's SOS. Being that we are in the same division conference as Wisconsin....the games are decided on the field. If the Gophers beat Wisconsin next Saturday.....and end up winning the West.....Badgers fans can boohoo all they want about SOS. Games are played on the field. Not on paper.

Utah winning was the highlight of my day.

Winning a couple games, then sleep walking over G5 the rest of the year, shouldn't be recognized for a top 4 slot.

Top 12, sure
and who exactly are you putting in above them with a resume more deserving? You aren't putting in a 2 loss team or you clearly are not going on resume. Georgia is a lock. One of OSU/Michigan is in provided they win the BTC which I'd imagine will be a lock if it's OSU, Mich more a tossup.

Of the one loss teams
Bama
Notre Dame (lost H2H vs Cinci, win over WI is their best win)
Oklahoma State (best win over Baylor but lost to a Iowa State team that keeps losing despite their lofty preseason ranking, plays OU next week, best win is over )
Oklahoma (lost to Baylor, plays Ok st next week, best win is over ?Texas)
San Diego State (lost to Fresno, win over Utah impressive but their loss is a bad loss of which Cinci has none)
Houston (loss to TTech, has beaten no one)

So you're left with Georgia, Bama, OSU/Michigan in (and if Bama loses to GA, you're going to have to move them down lower, if both 1 loss, they're probably 1 and 2 seed). Who are you putting in ahead of Cinci right now based on resume? Everyone else has a loss and of those you could try elevate, they have worse wins than Cinci or lost H2H. You're delusional if you're not putting Cinci in at this point. Do I think they'll win it? No. do I think any of these teams listed aside from Bama, who I listed as in, has a chance? Not at all. There aren't that many "great" teams this year and it's part of why the expansion to 8, 12, or 16 is going to fill us up with more 1st round blowouts

Rooting for Bama to beat Georgia.

Give me OSU #1, Georgia #2, OU/Okla St winner #3, Bama #4.

Rooting for Bama to beat Georgia.

Give me OSU #1, Georgia #2, OU/Okla St winner #3, Bama #4.
That’s possible if it’s how the cards fall. Really the only way Cinci gets left out is if they plus the B12 in over them. Would be interesting to see how they’d rank them there. Imagine OSU 1, Bama 2 givenH2H over Georgia, OU/Ok St 3 and Georgia 4 to protect their chances for the all SEC natty again so they can say how good the league is again, even though it’s really just the two teams

Amazing that Vegas knew Utah would win. They are making Bank on Oregon/Utah.

I was talking with my buddy (Notre Dame fan) yesterday afternoon about the CFP and told him Notre Dame has no chance of moving ahead of Oregon if the Ducks win out. He told me Utah was favored. I didn't believe him until I pulled up the betting lines. Weird how the CFP committee had Oregon super high yet Vegas had no respect.

Top Bottom