Week 1 Other Games Thread

Wait. Michigan is ranked #7 with the guy that played us last year at QB? Ok.

They originally opened as 40.5 point favorites over Hawaii. I'm having trouble seeing them cover that.

Bowling Green sticking with OSU so far. 7-7 midway through first.

OU - Houston is the only game worth watching right now it appears.

They originally opened as 40.5 point favorites over Hawaii. I'm having trouble seeing them cover that.

I stand corrected. They look really good...

Haha Sooners. Don't kick a FG your kicker doesn't have the leg for. If Houston wins this game, they're in the playoff conversation with their schedule.

Everything is clicking for Michigan, wow. They are on a roll. Meanwhile, how about Houston with the kick six. Saturday is already getting wild.

Houston's remaining schedule:

Lamar
@ Cincinnati
@ Texas State
Uconn
@ Navy
Tulsa
@ SMU
UCF
Tulane
Louisville
@Memphis
Conference Championship Game

Gotta like their playoff chances. It would be awesome if the first team from Texas in the CFP was Houston.

Another turnover for Oklahoma, sets up Houston nicely.

Western Michigan punches one in to take the lead in Northwestern with 5:38 left, might be under review.

Western Michigan punches one in to take the lead in Northwestern with 5:38 left, might be under review.

The sooner Northwestern falls apart, the better IMO. It always happens. It's just a matter of whether or not we've played them before or after.

Northwestern is in a tough fight, meanwhile Michigan has scored more than 60.

Pitt and Villanova sounds like a good basketball game

Near Mental error by western Michigan almost cost them. Safety threw ball back but luckily stepped out of bounds before tossing the ball

Happy to see NW in the meat grinder, they just blew their game at the goal line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I learned anything this weekend - jNW should now fire their coaches, switch QBs, and change all expectations for the year. Did I do that right?

Houston's remaining schedule:

Lamar
@ Cincinnati
@ Texas State
Uconn
@ Navy
Tulsa
@ SMU
UCF
Tulane
Louisville
@Memphis
Conference Championship Game

Gotta like their playoff chances. It would be awesome if the first team from Texas in the CFP was Houston.

The great Boise State teams never got a chance at the big boys. I can't see that changing with only a 4 team playoff. I'd love to see it....but I'll believe it when I see it.

A couple power 5 teams go down. Northwestern and Mississippi State both lost. Bulldogs lost to Southern Alabama.

If I learned anything this weekend - jNW should now fire their coaches, switch QBs, and change all expectations for the year. Did I do that right?

Has anyone said all those things. You've got the whiner routine down.

The great Boise State teams never got a chance at the big boys. I can't see that changing with only a 4 team playoff. I'd love to see it....but I'll believe it when I see it.

As the announcer mentioned, it hinges on Oklahoma being good and they have to go undefeated obviously.

Let me explain what's going to happen: hypothetical scenario is it will come down to UH vs a 1 defeat power 5 team.

Every rationalization in the book will be thrown out there. Team X had Y number of wins over "top 25" teams, team X is playing very well right now, etc. Team X had a tougher P5 schedule and Houston would lose 4 games with team X's schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Oklahoma get in over Houston if they run the table. It's not fair, but that's NCAA.

Let me explain what's going to happen: hypothetical scenario is it will come down to UH vs a 1 defeat power 5 team.

Every rationalization in the book will be thrown out there. Team X had Y number of wins over "top 25" teams, team X is playing very well right now, etc. Team X had a tougher P5 schedule and Houston would lose 4 games with team X's schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Oklahoma get in over Houston if they run the table. It's not fair, but that's NCAA.

If Houston does go undefeated and gets left out, it just starts the 8 team playoff conversation sooner. It's been pretty quiet. Nobody has been truly robbed of a spot yet. So there is a benefit to having mid major schools run the table.

If Houston does go undefeated and gets left out, it just starts the 8 team playoff conversation sooner. It's been pretty quiet. Nobody has been truly robbed of a spot yet. So there is a benefit to having mid major schools run the table.

2014 TCU should have had a chance. IMO better in whole than Oregon, despite Mariota. Ohio State slid in and ran the table despite a bad loss earlier in the year. Nobody is saying OSU didn't belong or desrve the title. It would have been interesting to see TCU vs OSU. I'd have loved to see late model Baylor vs Alabama. I'm not saying the upstarts would win, but it would have been interesting to watch such disparate styles.

Top Bottom