Week 1 Other Games Thread

35-34 Mississippi State leads Skip Holz's LA Tech. LAT is driving for the winning score.

How does the Big 12 not have a network?
They are the only P5 that didn't put their 3rd tier TV rights together into a collective pot, to enable the formation of such a network. For one thing, Texas wanted to go it alone and not share with the rest of the conf schools (the LHN).

I didn’t see this earlier but was a huge call that helped Oklahoma. Essentially the difference in the game.

Same refs as the Gopher game. Only 4 teams allowed to get phantom calls. But also only when they are in trouble, so they are not in trouble anymore.

Will kayvon thibodeaux out for OU-O$U game? I hope not I want thibodeaux to hunt down O$U QB.

Illinois defeater of ne struggling vs utsa

After week 1 still convinced bigw winner will be between
Mn/ia/wi

I'd love to have their defense
I’d love to have Iowa’s defense. Doesn’t just choke off explosive plays; it is a ballhawking defense that creates and scores off of turnovers. Makes life a lot easier for the offense. We are very far off of Iowa’s defense standard.

I’d love to have Iowa’s defense. Doesn’t just choke off explosive plays; it is a ballhawking defense that creates and scores off of turnovers. Makes life a lot easier for the offense. We are very far off of Iowa’s defense standard.
Most years Wisconsin has been better, but yes I hope we can build defensive consistency of ia/wi.

Awwww....Golden boy Mertz just can't get it done for the Badgers. So not impressed with this kid, don't get the hype at all.
Mertz appears to simply NOT be a gamer; just too many mistakes when his team needs him to come through. I imagine he'll be a good enough QB to lead them to a decent season, especially with that defense, but he's not someone you can trust in critical situations.

Good Lord, Wisky had the ball for 95 offensive plays and scored 10 points. How in the world is that possible?

the systems mean a lot. Iowa and Wisconsin have systems that don’t change year to year, and that consistency keeps them from big annual swings. Players know the system and their role in it. i hope the U can get to that point and soon. Our O might be close, but our D has some organizing to do
Agree. We are plugging players into a system on offense, and gaining an identity. Seems like our defense operates game ylyo game with a plan but without an overarching system in which young, upcoming players can be trained. Might just be that I don’t understand the facts.

Top Bottom